Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severe storms in Kentucky today
Terrible stuff....

They put everyone at Alice Lloyd College on lockdown

Thankfully it never got that bad....

but prayers go out to everyone touched by the storms
TheRealVille Wrote:Just got back from Salyersville. Yes the Mountain Parkway area of Salyersville is gone, along with my brother in laws house at the starting end of the hit. The college Hts area(where the Magoffin high school is) is wiped out. They are saying it was maybe an F3, or at least the upper end of the F2 scale. Hager Hill and Collista was bad looking also, but nothing like West Liberty and Salyersville.
There were deaths at Jenny's Creek near Collista though, so it must have hit just as bad there.
We just got back from watching the girl's 13th region semi=finals as they had to be delayed until today because of the weather.

The officials had a moment of silence before each game in respect and remembrance of the victims of the storm. It seemed like everybody I spoke with had a story.
My thoughts and prayers are with all the family's affected in West Liberty and everywhere else throughout the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
My internet just got turned back on after being off for 2 days along with the electric.
Im very thankful i dont live 10 miles north of here.
It completely destroyed East Bernstadt (London) while killing 4 or 5.

Gonna see if they need anybody to run some heavy equipment up there.
Rhat was the fastest moving tornado I've ever seen. If I didn't have the car radio on, there's a good chance that I'm dead or injured