Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbourville Tigers 2011/2012
redstorm Wrote:The best athlete on the floor! He impressed me last year with his defensive ability and can jump out of the gym.. He will shut down B'ville best player. I am a neutral fan, but he is hard nose and will make the other players around him better.. Football maybe his best sport, but he is or was a hell of a baseball player as well.. I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you know anything about sports and athletes

He might be a great player. But when u say he can shut down bvilles best player, which one?? U have 3 quick guards and everyone that dinky Phipps played this summer can shoot the ball or is quick! Alot of people over look the smaller school and nothing against central or anyone else but I believe this is bvilles year.
gls1978 Wrote:He might be a great player. But when u say he can shut down bvilles best player, which one?? U have 3 quick guards and everyone that dinky Phipps played this summer can shoot the ball or is quick! Alot of people over look the smaller school and nothing against central or anyone else but I believe this is bvilles year.

Who are the 3 quick guards you speak of? I can only think of two Broughton and Hildebrand.
U have Broughton who is by far the best point guard in the region u have hildebrand who is one of the best shooters in the region. Then u have Mills Who can shoot the ball well he showed that all summer long, u have darrin mills who can shoot the ball well out on the floor and is a very good inside player. Rudd and Tye both play valuable mins for coach Phipps and hustle the entire game and gets after the ball. And they have a strong bench. Nothing against central but bville has a great team this year and will be very good. And everyone from knox and all the other bigger schools look over bville because they are a 1A school.
gls1978 Wrote:U have Broughton who is by far the best point guard in the region u have hildebrand who is one of the best shooters in the region. Then u have Mills Who can shoot the ball well he showed that all summer long, u have darrin mills who can shoot the ball well out on the floor and is a very good inside player. Rudd and Tye both play valuable mins for coach Phipps and hustle the entire game and gets after the ball. And they have a strong bench. Nothing against central but bville has a great team this year and will be very good. And everyone from knox and all the other bigger schools look over bville because they are a 1A school.
Broughton is good. I think he lacks on defense some. If he steps up his defense and controls the ball then he may verywell be the best in the region. Josh definetley can put up some points but he also needs to work on his defense. You will have to agree that usually your high powered offensive players slack on defense. If you are talking about Devon Mills he has a lot to prove. He sat out last year and everyone knows that hurts any player. As far as Darrin Mills he is probably the best all around player on Barbourvilles team except when he has a player that is much taller than him. Rudd will out Hustle anyone on the team and will get the least looks to put up points. the way I see it Josh is your main threat scoring and Tanner is a threat driving the lane. Third I would have to go with Darrin Mills He can shoot and hits the boards. 4 th and 5th Well I would have to pick Rudd over Devon Mills. Rudd is 100% Hustle
Prototype Wrote:If you had the chance to let him guard you or you guard him you would see real quick what a difference he would make. As far as that goes any player in the 13th region. You are right football is his game, only because that is the one that he has chosen to focus on more. Canady plays an intense defense and has the ability to shut you down. He plays hard nosed defense and thats the bottom line! He knows the game inside out. He won't get pushed around by anyone in the region either. So don't get your hopes up everyone you will see him on the court come basketball season!

It sounds like Canady isn't with the basketball team and football has been over for over a week. I guess it's a tough call when you are going to play football in college.
HDE Wrote:It sounds like Canady isn't with the basketball team and football has been over for over a week. I guess it's a tough call when you are going to play football in college.

Or maybe he is just taking a week or so off to live. Something 90% of duel athletes do in High School.
the dark wizard Wrote:Or maybe he is just taking a week or so off to live. Something 90% of duel athletes do in High School.

Isn't Barger there? Who else is taking time off?
HDE Wrote:Isn't Barger there? Who else is taking time off?

I have no affliation with this team or anything having to do with it, so to answer that question I have no idea. Im just saying most duel athletes take a short little sport free break inbetween back to back sports. Barbourville not having a football team may the reason your unfamiliar with this. :rockon:
I have no affiliation with Barbourville or Knox Central. I just said he wasn't practicing, so I assumed he wasn't playing. I just wondered what impact that had on the team.
I do know most schools don't take a sport-free break. Why would you want to. It's basketball.
HDE Wrote:I have no affiliation with Barbourville or Knox Central. I just said he wasn't practicing, so I assumed he wasn't playing. I just wondered what impact that had on the team.
I do know most schools don't take a sport-free break. Why would you want to. It's basketball.
Canady had sprained his ankle and was battleing a few other injuries from the Boyle county game. It is not quiet clear weather he is coming out or not. If he does that will be great for our team . If he doesn't then we just move on.
HDE Wrote:I have no affiliation with Barbourville or Knox Central. I just said he wasn't practicing, so I assumed he wasn't playing. I just wondered what impact that had on the team.

If this helps you sleep at night then okay we will go with that.
the dark wizard Wrote:If this helps you sleep at night then okay we will go with that.

Sorry if the truth got in the way...
Ninety percent?
HDE Wrote:Sorry if the truth got in the way...
Ninety percent?

Im going with somewhere in the ball park of 10-20.... If that.
Quote:They have a lot of former KC players
Win with your own home grown kids or dont get on here talking crap. B'ville is becoming the Perry Central of the 13th region. If we cant beat em, we will out recruit em until we can beat em! lol
KC has both the Barger brothers who are very good along with good freshmen, and Canady and some other good players, but I really feel that BHS will be the team to beat in the Distict if not the Reg. with that said good panther's