Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbourville Tigers 2011/2012
Lets hear it!
Barbourville is definietly a top 5 team in the region. They have recruits Tanner Broughton and Devon Mills. I got Harlan and Bville for Region championship game. Goodluck guys!
HARLANCO.24 Wrote:Barbourville is definietly a top 5 team in the region. They have recruits Tanner Broughton and Devon Mills. I got Harlan and Bville for Region championship game. Goodluck guys!

You mean Harlan County?
good luck to those tigers!! they're bound for a winning season!
Barbourville will have a very good team next season. They will be one of the top 5 Class A teams in the state next year. They will also be one of the top three teams in the 13th region next season.
:biglmao: Steven Rudd is going to be the greatest advantage for barbourville this year, Rudd has a do or die attitude.. The barbourville tigers are going to be very hard to stop when the ball is in his hands! Im very excited to see KC go down :lmao:
harlanballer1 Wrote::biglmao: Steven Rudd is going to be the greatest advantage for barbourville this year, Rudd has a do or die attitude.. The barbourville tigers are going to be very hard to stop when the ball is in his hands! Im very excited to see KC go down :lmao:
:biglmao: You got to be kidding!!!!Dream on.... It won't happen bring your crying towel to the game because you will need it. We dominate the little city school. Those transfers wont get you there. This will make 4 years in a row. Nothing has changed. We are KC!!!!:1::1::1::1: I am not talking about Rudd he is a good player!
I'm sorry to tell you, but Barbourville will be the ones dominating this year!! If you think they're just "the little city school" you are absolutely wrong. If anyone needs to bring a crying towel it's KC. You may have beat them for 4 years. But i'm telling you, this is the year that the Tigres will shine. You & everyone else will see who comes out on top. Save your trash talk for after the game when the score board is in Barbourville's favor.
as far as statistics go KC doesn't even have a chance against Barbourville this year. Who does KC have? oh the Bargers? Wow some big something. If anything the only guy they really have is Canady and he aint even that big of a threat. Barbourville has amazing guards and not only is their 5 starters good, but they have fresh boys off the bench ready to go at all times! I'm no fan of the Tigers, but they have the heart and the athlectism to beat the "PANTHERS" this year - true story bro.
Quote:You got to be kidding!!!!Dream on.... It won't happen bring your crying towel to the game because you will need it. We dominate the little city school. Those transfers wont get you there. This will make 4 years in a row. Nothing has changed. We are KC!!!! I am not talking about Rudd he is a good player!

^
Can you say TROLL?? All you ever do is bash on Barbourville, they are NOT to be overlooked. Now I'm not saying Barbourville will beat KC nor will KC beat Barbourville, we have yet to these teams play in a real game!! Until the first whistle of the season is blown you can not make any predictions like that. For all we know, Pineville could own that district!
thedealer12 Wrote:^
Can you say TROLL?? All you ever do is bash on Barbourville, they are NOT to be overlooked. Now I'm not saying Barbourville will beat KC nor will KC beat Barbourville, we have yet to these teams play in a real game!! Until the first whistle of the season is blown you can not make any predictions like that. For all we know, Pineville could own that district!
:kneel: Listen I have only defended KC when someone gets on here talking trash about us. I have tried to break down the game on other threads and all the Barbourville fans want to do is bash our players. The only thing Barbourville fans can say is they have good guards. That is all i hear. why dont you break down the game and tell how barbourville can beat KC. Who can guard who or this offfense works better than this one or we play better against man to man defense. All I have herd is a lot of mouth! If you want to discuss the game I am more than prepared. If you want to talk trash then I am here also. I know you haven't been talking trash but others on here have been . " Ready to see KC go down" Thats a joke! I don't take it lightly. If it were not for KC and our program, Barbourville would not be able to compete any way. These players are from the knox county program. Tanner Broughton 11years Devon mills 9 years Darren Mills 8 years. All of these players were coached by knox County coaches and have got them were they are today. trash KC if you want but the players that you are bragging on are KC players that didn't get the playing time that they thought they deserved. All would have played and made KC a power house but when you get bigger than your team and team mates it is better to move on. I hope the players that came from KC have a great year. I think you will be suprised when you find out the new kids that KC will have that no one is talking about. We will be able to run 12 deep and never let up on our defense or the caliber of player that is a starter.
Prototype Wrote::kneel: Listen I have only defended KC when someone gets on here talking trash about us. I have tried to break down the game on other threads and all the Barbourville fans want to do is bash our players. The only thing Barbourville fans can say is they have good guards. That is all i hear. why dont you break down the game and tell how barbourville can beat KC. Who can guard who or this offfense works better than this one or we play better against man to man defense. All I have herd is a lot of mouth! If you want to discuss the game I am more than prepared. If you want to talk trash then I am here also. I know you haven't been talking trash but others on here have been . " Ready to see KC go down" Thats a joke! I don't take it lightly. If it were not for KC and our program, Barbourville would not be able to compete any way. These players are from the knox county program. Tanner Broughton 11years Devon mills 9 years Darren Mills 8 years. All of these players were coached by knox County coaches and have got them were they are today. trash KC if you want but the players that you are bragging on are KC players that didn't get the playing time that they thought they deserved. All would have played and made KC a power house but when you get bigger than your team and team mates it is better to move on. I hope the players that came from KC have a great year. I think you will be suprised when you find out the new kids that KC will have that no one is talking about. We will be able to run 12 deep and never let up on our defense or the caliber of player that is a starter.

You say that you only defend KC when someone trash talks them, well bro i'm pretty sure that's what Barbourville fans are doing. Clearly, They have a lot of former KC players, they moved because BHS had bigger and better opportunities for them. Yah know, all you do is go on and on about how good KC is going to be, stop understimating the Tigers, as far as im concerned it will be a fair game.:haters:
Underestimating*
Quote:Listen I have only defended KC when someone gets on here talking trash about us. I have tried to break down the game on other threads and all the Barbourville fans want to do is bash our players. The only thing Barbourville fans can say is they have good guards. That is all i hear. why dont you break down the game and tell how barbourville can beat KC. Who can guard who or this offfense works better than this one or we play better against man to man defense. All I have herd is a lot of mouth! If you want to discuss the game I am more than prepared. If you want to talk trash then I am here also. I know you haven't been talking trash but others on here have been . " Ready to see KC go down" Thats a joke! I don't take it lightly. If it were not for KC and our program, Barbourville would not be able to compete any way. These players are from the knox county program. Tanner Broughton 11years Devon mills 9 years Darren Mills 8 years. All of these players were coached by knox County coaches and have got them were they are today. trash KC if you want but the players that you are bragging on are KC players that didn't get the playing time that they thought they deserved. All would have played and made KC a power house but when you get bigger than your team and team mates it is better to move on. I hope the players that came from KC have a great year. I think you will be suprised when you find out the new kids that KC will have that no one is talking about. We will be able to run 12 deep and never let up on our defense or the caliber of player that is a starter.

^
First off maybe the reason some people move has nothing to do with playing time, which some cases do, but maybe its coaching. Not bashing on Evans but Dinky is a VERY well known coach. He gets the most out of what he's got and maybe people move because his play style fits people better or vice versa if people move from Barbourville to KC. I respect KC and root for KC in some cases but I'm sure you have been to a KC&Barbourville game, the records really don't matter. Its who comes with the biggest heart to win! Sure Barbourville is known for its "guards" and "2-3 zone" but I still would not count them out on that. They still will hustle and so will KC. If you think you've already won the district then be prepared! I expect a really close game with either team winning. But in the end my Black Bears will win the regionWink GOOD LUCK TO KC and B'ville this up coming season:Thumbs:
First off maybe the reason some people move has nothing to do with playing time, which some cases do, but maybe its coaching. Not bashing on Evans but Dinky is a VERY well known coach. He gets the most out of what he's got and maybe people move because his play style fits people better or vice versa if people move from Barbourville to KC. I respect KC and root for KC in some cases but I'm sure you have been to a KC&Barbourville game, the records really don't matter. Its who comes with the biggest heart to win! Sure Barbourville is known for its "guards" and "2-3 zone" but I still would not count them out on that. They still will hustle and so will KC. If you think you've already won the district then be prepared! I expect a really close game with either team winning. But in the end my Black Bears will win the regionWink GOOD LUCK TO KC and B'ville this up coming season:Thumbs:
You can't tell me anything about the barbourville program. I played for Dinky and he is a great coach. He gets more out of his players than most coaches. Barbourville will have a good team. The region is wide open as well as the district. I was just talking smack with the Barbourville poster. They just want to beat KC so bad they can taste it and i understand. I don't like it when they put themselves above KC when they haven't beaten them the last 3 years. We only graduated 1 starter from last year. As far as HC goes it will be a great game. Hopefully it will be the same as last year when we played HC on their home floor.Jan 25, 11 Harlan County away 73 - 54 (W) KC won and we subbed out our starters with 5 mins to go in the game . I know it was 30pts or better. Good luck to everyone!
I agree Broughton will make an immediate impact, but remember, the Mills kid hasnt played in almost 2 years due to sitting out. I find it ironic that Broughton and Mills end up on the same team since Mills left because he sat behind Broughton at KC.
TBH, how satisfying is it to beat a cross-town rival with half their roster playing for you. I'm just saying. To me it is much sweeter to beat them with home grown kids versus recruits and transfers. I do think B'ville is going to be the favorite this year, they have the athletes and the hunger to break the losing streak. If KC comes unprepared, then look out, it could get nasty early.

Good Luck to both teams and lets see an awesome game no matter who is the victor.

I definitely agree with what you said. We all know that KC & BVILLE will be a good game, it's always been a huge rivalry. KC needs to come to play if they're gonna run the floor with Barbourville, i can promise you that BHS is hungry for "W" over the panthers. They'll give it their whole heart. It'll be a show down! All trash talk and opinions aside because everyone has their own perdiction of the game, but until it really happens no one can say for sure. Good luck to both teams! :popcorn:
So with all this being said, is Barbourville one of the top All A schools in Kentucky? I would rank them top 10 at least. This is just a raw guess considering we know nothing yet from around the state. Each year though University Heights is strong along with Bardstown and DeSales and Newport Central Catholic.
from what i've heared Knox Central and Barbourville will both be great teams, But my personal opinion is that Knox Central will not be able to run the floor with Bville. In older posts people who obviously hate barbourville complain about their fans going on & on about how good their gaurds are going to be. Well i'm gonna tell you, BHS has a right to brag. They have some of the BEST gaurds in the region. I honestly believe that Barbourville will be a fan favorite this year. They got the heart, and they will give it all they got. trash talk all you want, and hold your team on a pedal stool all you want too. But DO NOT underestimate what the tigers CAN & WILL do at District, Region & State.
thedealer12 Wrote:So with all this being said, is Barbourville one of the top All A schools in Kentucky? I would rank them top 10 at least. This is just a raw guess considering we know nothing yet from around the state. Each year though University Heights is strong along with Bardstown and DeSales and Newport Central Catholic.

Starting out not really knowing anything I strongly agree that Barbourville is ranked in the top 10, however; as the season progresses anything can happen. I see Newport Central Catholic and Bardstown being right in the running too, because they always seem to bring 100% every year. It's gonna be one heck of a ball year and we'll just have to see where the results lead to in the end. :o
HARLANCO.24 Wrote:Starting out not really knowing anything I strongly agree that Barbourville is ranked in the top 10, however; as the season progresses anything can happen. I see Newport Central Catholic and Bardstown being right in the running too, because they always seem to bring 100% every year. It's gonna be one heck of a ball year and we'll just have to see where the results lead to in the end. :o

I most definitely agree that Barbourville will be ranked in the top 10. I got them @ #2. That's just my perdiction from what i have heared about them, which has been nothing but great things. I'm looking for a great basketball season for 2011-2012. Goodluck to all the teams. Go Colonials!:Thumbs:
WhitleyCounty3 Wrote:I most definitely agree that Barbourville will be ranked in the top 10. I got them @ #2. That's just my perdiction from what i have heared about them, which has been nothing but great things. I'm looking for a great basketball season for 2011-2012. Goodluck to all the teams. Go Colonials!:Thumbs:
You would think Whitley County fans would know how to spell "Colonels" hahaha FAIL
^
He's on the ones that slipped from us in the no child left behind program.
We just had to let him go...
thedealer12 Wrote:So with all this being said, is Barbourville one of the top All A schools in Kentucky? I would rank them top 10 at least. This is just a raw guess considering we know nothing yet from around the state. Each year though University Heights is strong along with Bardstown and DeSales and Newport Central Catholic.

I would definitely say that Barbourville is atleast ranked top 5 this year
The tigers took on a new fan when Broughton came to town. I will be pulling for them all year. Now, when they play KC I will be torn. Proto and me go way back and most know I have a strong bias toward the KC football program... There are kids on both those programs that I have known since they were babes. I think KC will have a hard time beating them. Our inside power will be solid and effective but it just may not be enough to stop the rain... Then again, Barger is as good as any Guard in this Region. It is sure to be a battle that will be a joy for the fans and challenge for the players. Looking forward to it.
If Canady plays i would give the edge to KC, if not i will give it to the City school
Begley from Harlan Independent will be a dominant force this year...don't count the other "little city school" out either
redstorm Wrote:If Canady plays i would give the edge to KC, if not i will give it to the City school
can u explain to me how canady Is gonna make that big of difference? His sport is football and he needs to stick with it!
gls1978 Wrote:can u explain to me how canady Is gonna make that big of difference? His sport is football and he needs to stick with it!
If you had the chance to let him guard you or you guard him you would see real quick what a difference he would make. As far as that goes any player in the 13th region. You are right football is his game, only because that is the one that he has chosen to focus on more. Canady plays an intense defense and has the ability to shut you down. He plays hard nosed defense and thats the bottom line! He knows the game inside out. He won't get pushed around by anyone in the region either. So don't get your hopes up everyone you will see him on the court come basketball season!
gls1978 Wrote:can u explain to me how canady Is gonna make that big of difference? His sport is football and he needs to stick with it!
The best athlete on the floor! He impressed me last year with his defensive ability and can jump out of the gym.. He will shut down B'ville best player. I am a neutral fan, but he is hard nose and will make the other players around him better.. Football maybe his best sport, but he is or was a hell of a baseball player as well.. I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you know anything about sports and athletes