Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does everyone hate South Floyd?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:They might have had losing seasons, but they seem to always win the districts. When was the last time SF didnt make it to the regional tourney?

Nevermind..Didn't take too long to figure that one out..2004
Now to answer the title of this thread from my point of view..I don't hate South Floyd, but it's hard to find yourself supporting them because of their arrogant fans that get on here and brag over anything and everything. Starting threads over anything and everything, and being so biased as to even say once that "South Floyd was one of the best teams in the state"...

I think their fanbase is a large reason so many people find theirselves against South Floyd..
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Back in the day, i had the honor to play at one of the most hated and feared schools in eastern Kentucky, I had the pleasure of being booed everywhere I went, I had to sneak out of my house with my lettermen jacket because my Mother was so afraid that her little boy would get into trouble when he went to the movies or to a game as a fan.
We had a swagger, or a hop in our step when we played or when we went to cheer our classmates.
Teams from Belfry, Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Shelby Valley, Allen Central, Hazard, and Clay County all have haters because these teams have had periods where they have dominated a given sport.

When you win people look at you different, you are placed under a microscope and your every action becomes multiplied 10 fold. The kids, and fans from South Floyd are no different than the ones from any other area.

I hated, I mean really thought I hated our closest rival, when i went to college I wound up rooming with someone who ended my senior years basketball, and baseball season, we became the closest of friends. the next year I roomed with another of my most hated rivals and when our schools played in the dist tourny I had his shooting shirt on and he had my football jersey on. 25 years later our schools have consoladated and become another school all together.

In the grand scale of life its just sports, not war, the sun will come up and the future may hold strange roomates.
so to the South Floyds, Paintsvilles, Pburgs, Belfrys, Pikevilles, Valleys, and Hazards hold your head up wear your target with pride and show that the love of the game and the respect of your competitor will work all your indifferences out one day.
Doc
i would say u r talking about wheelwright and mcdowell, and its true they hated each other just as we hate others and others hate us.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Teams from Belfry, Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Shelby Valley, Allen Central, Hazard, and Clay County all have haters because these teams have had periods where they have dominated a given sport.

Great overall post Doc...I don't think South Floyd has ever dominated in one sport the way the other schools you listed have.

BTW, I never hated South Floyd, just big football rivals and Paintsville in basketball.
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:I will tell you why, because you South Floyd fans NEVER GIVE ANYTHING A REST! You all have the best of everything apparently, best statisticians, best fullback of all time in the mountains. When you all lose you are cheated because they fouled out Doug, or you didn't win the football games because Elmer got hurt. Just ridiculoud posts and now you cry because everyone hates you. BOO-HOO!
How does post's have anything to do with ppl hating Sf absolutely nothing i agress some SF fans make some ridiculous threads but that does not mean you should hate us because of that.............
"PHSFAN" Wrote:Great overall post Doc...I don't think South Floyd has ever dominated in one sport the way the other schools you listed have.

BTW, I never hated South Floyd, just big football rivals and Paintsville in basketball.
From 96-200 i think they had dominate football teams just not a dominate coach.......
I know after high school i can remember many open gyms in raider arena with wildcats, tiger, eagles and raiders playing on the same team and boy was it fun. no hate just playing the game when you get out most player become friends and grow up. (except alfus). A lot also has to do with people that are not involved (friends, people posing on sites as other people, BOE, parents and others)with the game starting stuff that is outside players controll
"alfus21" Wrote:Now to answer the title of this thread from my point of view..I don't hate South Floyd, but it's hard to find yourself supporting them because of their arrogant fans that get on here and brag over anything and everything. Starting threads over anything and everything, and being so biased as to even say once that "South Floyd was one of the best teams in the state"...

I think their fanbase is a large reason so many people find theirselves against South Floyd..
thank u for answering my question i think that it is the best response i have heard yet and if only others could write something like this in stead of "this thread is dumb"
well u kno the fans from sf try to give there team hope and we support them 100%... yea we arent perfect and we do have some pretty outrageous fans but there is no sense in hating sf... most of the time its b/c ppl give us a reason to act the way we do but they are not looked down upon... i think everyone needs to back off from sf... we have a very talented ball team.. they could care less about what ppl say to them... they play ball b/c they love it.. they dont play to make everyone else happy they play b/c thats what they want to do... thats what they enjoy doing...whats the use in hatin sf.. its stupid... GOOD LUCK RAIDERS YOUR FANS ARE BEHIND YOU A 100% and KEEP YOUR HEADS UP HIGH!
"CatDawg" Wrote:Or you end up marrying one of those you hate.
And then divorce will some times cause the hate to flare up
again and again
LMAO
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:And then divorce will some times cause the hate to flare up
again and again
LMAO
There you go again Doc. Look at Owen, he's killing me.
Wyatt you are my true friend.
And will always be
"-STAT-" Wrote:Yeah I agree this thread is retarded. Everytime I get on here to read about scores or any updates or injuries I see some stupid SF thread like this. This explains that SF fans think everyone is againist them and that everyone hates them. If they wouldnt act like they do(and no one should ask how they act b/c everyone knows) some people or schools would actually like them.
that is so true
"basketballstar" Wrote:Paintsville gets talked about because THEY ARE THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM ANYBODY ON THIS SITE HAS SEEN!!!.. They got the potential to be good in the next year or 2...not this year

WHAT???? I never said anything about just this year alone, EVERYONE has ALWAYS hated Paintsville, what does them being overrated have to do with anything. Everyone dogged the hell out of them last year, lol. Like JKWON said, who cares if everyone hates you, that's what makes it that more exciting, then you can rub it in you beat them. People made fun of my mullet all thru high school, I loved it, when I would shoot free throws they chant mullet, so I would run my fingers thru it when I made the shot, piss them off more than anything. Be proud of being hated, in most cases that just means they are jealous.
this one has ran its course