•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Whitaker out at Powell Co.
Watched him today " See related thread Cougars 7vs 7" thread. Really seems to have a offensive mind set.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
UKisN1 Wrote:I have served on SBDM councils and they do make the decisions. Ms Craft only can limit the applications that are provided. If viable candidates are not found, then the council may ask for more.

I like Coach Whitaker, personally and professionally, but the Letcher County School System is pink slipping many certified and classified positions and these decisions may backfire on the Craft mafia. They are also looking for a new basketball coach and staff.

This is where it all started going wrong.
why is this thread even being brought back up?
Needs to be closed....Most people in county knows what a mess this created.
Come on
I agree. Close this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
gUrU Wrote:This is where it all started going wrong.

What went wrong?
Benchwarmer Wrote:What went wrong?

Probably be easier to answer what didn't go wrong.
why is this even brought back up? Mike Whitaker is the Head Coach of LCC and Tony Burchett is Powell County's Head Coach, so why bring this thread back up? no need in it!
Moderator's close this thread please. No good can come of this, LCC is having their problems and hopefully Coach Whitaker will get them back on track so let this one die since it already has once in the past.
Need to let it go...the damage has been done.
Why did Mike Whitaker leave or what did he do that was so bad.
From what I read Burchett is wanting to leave as well? I had heard he applied for a few other jobs including the open Lawrence County job? Is that true?
From my understanding, which is third hand knowledge, Burchett did apply for the Lawrence head coaching job. He doesn't neccesarily want to leave Powell Co. but the Lawrence job would put him closer to his Mother, who lives in the Prestonsburg area. She is widowed and having health problems.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)