Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would win, PIKEVILLE or Johnson Central???
You'd do the same if u guys HAD a state title(s) to talk about
Not if I didn't win them I wouldn't. Prestonsburg won a state title in baseball in 1948, does that make them a powerhouse in baseball? Don't think so. And not if it was 15 years ago. When you were probably in diapers or not even alive.

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:51 pm:

I've atleast been there and started in a state title game. Can anyone from Pikeville say that in the last 10 years?
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:You'd do the same if u guys HAD a state title(s) to talk about
I think some Pikeville people on here need to stop living on the laurels of the state championship teams and start working out for next year...those points have been beat in the ground.
This thread is very close to being closed if it doesn't get back to the topic of the hypothetical situation of Pikeville v Johnson Central.
spxdad Wrote:
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:You'd do the same if u guys HAD a state title(s) to talk about
I think some Pikeville people on here need to stop living on the laurels of the state championship teams and start working out for next year...those points have been beat in the ground.

And the whole congregation said.. AMEN
:lol:
LOL
ok gish, whatever lets you sleep at night....
but ne ways,
dose anyone know how many starters the eagles lost?
gish Wrote:Not if I didn't win them I wouldn't. Prestonsburg won a state title in baseball in 1948, does that make them a powerhouse in baseball? Don't think so. And not if it was 15 years ago. When you were probably in diapers or not even alive.

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:51 pm:

I've atleast been there and started in a state title game. Can anyone from Pikeville say that in the last 10 years?

You may have played in a state title game but can u say you've played in 4 state tournaments in 3 years...i don't think so! so yeah i know what its like!
You've played in 4 state title games Country Boy? Unless you are from Beechwood in the 90's or Boyle County, then I don't think so.

Pantherblitz, you are in you own little world my friend.

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:31 pm:

Country Boy Wrote:You may have played in a state title game but can u say you've played in 4 state tournaments in 3 years...i don't think so! so yeah i know what its like!

4 state tournaments in 3 years? That's pretty impressive :roll: and not possible. Are you talking about football?
Blume will go somewhere big, he is just going to be a senior.
haha
maybe so... but mine is closer to reality! lets stop this alright???
its silly
back to the matter... Where do you think Blume will go? can someone send me his stats for his career?
gish Wrote:You've played in 4 state title games Country Boy? Unless you are from Beechwood in the 90's or Boyle County, then I don't think so.

Pantherblitz, you are in you own little world my friend.

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:31 pm:

Country Boy Wrote:You may have played in a state title game but can u say you've played in 4 state tournaments in 3 years...i don't think so! so yeah i know what its like!

4 state tournaments in 3 years? That's pretty impressive :roll: and not possible. Are you talking about football?

anything is possible...and no i mean baseball and football. It may be impossible for someone like u!

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:56 pm:

gish not title games...Tournaments. And no man when you're from pikeville you're held to a higher standard. To the coaches and fans eyes, if you make it to state tourneys your a good team...you have to win it to even be considered worth a $hit!

3 state tounaments in baseball
and 1 in football. Not winning them but being in the tournament.
Country Boy Wrote:anything is possible...and no i mean baseball and football. It may be impossible for someone like u!

gish not title games...Tournaments. And no man when you're from pikeville you're held to a higher standard. To the coaches and fans eyes, if you make it to state tourneys your a good team...you have to win it to even be considered worth a $hit!

YOU MAKE NO SENSE! you say that you have to win it to be worth anything ? Where you on the Pikeville teams that won state? NOOO! So what are you talking about? Where did baseball come into play? You don't even want to get into with my with accomplishments during high school buddy. YOu really don't want me to go there.
You dont have to win a tournament or state title be good,
just the fact that you are even there says something about your team
hell pb42...your from pikeville you know how hard it is to get the fans to like the sport as well think and say your team is good.
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:You dont have to win a tournament or state title be good,
just the fact that you are even there says something about your team

Tell your buddy country boy that, I'm not the one who said it.
gish Wrote:
Country Boy Wrote:anything is possible...and no i mean baseball and football. It may be impossible for someone like u!

YOU MAKE NO SENSE! you say that you have to win it to be worth anything ? Where you on the Pikeville teams that won state? NOOO! So what are you talking about? Where did baseball come into play? You don't even want to get into with my with accomplishments during high school buddy. YOu really don't want me to go there.

I really could care less but u were sayin that u knew what it was like to play in state and were asking if anyone else did and i told u that i did...how is that making no sense.
It is hard..... but we've already got that respect from the community so it dosen't really matter
we got it for last years football team...what about this upcoming year...?
well have to earn it right back and its hard man.

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:09 pm:

we have to every year.
This thread is so far off topic, and it hypothetical anyway, so I think I'm goin to be a butt and shut it down.

BTW, the state tourney in football, starts during the playoffs. You only get one a year. So if a team makes the playoffs 4 years in a row, then technically they participated in the state tourney for 4 consecutive years.
Technically, there is no state tourney in football...It's simply the Playoffs!!!