Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 28 Sheldon Clark 12
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:final 6to's tonight for Sheldon Clark

WOW, sounds like the game could have ended very different if SC could have held onto the ball. Do not know of many teams that can survive that many TO's! Great game, and congrads to both teams.
A question to Somerset fans. Wasn't Somerset a 1A team when they beat Paintsville in the regional championship game in 2006? How did they become a 3A school?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:A question to Somerset fans. Wasn't Somerset a 1A team when they beat Paintsville in the regional championship game in 2006? How did they become a 3A school?

Somerset was a 1A team in 2006. They were one of the larger 1A teams when we were under the 4 class system. When everyone was moved to 6 classes in 2007 Somerset would have been 2A under the new rules but petitioned to play up in 3A and was granted their request.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Somerset was a 1A team in 2006. They were one of the larger 1A teams when we were under the 4 class system. When everyone was moved to 6 classes in 2007 Somerset would have been 2A under the new rules but petitioned to play up in 3A and was granted their request.

Thanks Norm. It sounded like a big jump to go all the way from 1A to 3A.
D WINS Wrote:Don't get on here and do that. I don't care how much you think you know about football or anything that relates to sports(which I'm guessing is very little) don't ever get on a public forum and make ignorant statments such as that one.

Must be some truth in it since someone like me that (KNOWS VERY LITTLE) about football and is IGNORANT can catch it.
Congrats Somerset. Good Luck next week in BG!!!!
I think if Sc couldve held onto the ball, or kept it out of Somerset defense hands then it very well couldve been a different game. Congrats Sc on a good year. BTW who are Somersets OT?? theyre hug! lol any colleges interested?
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I think if Sc couldve held onto the ball, or kept it out of Somerset defense hands then it very well couldve been a different game. Congrats Sc on a good year. BTW who are Somersets OT?? theyre hug! lol any colleges interested?
The little one is Taylor Davis (6'1" 300), the big one is Cody Smith (6'4" 315). They make up for the two small guards (6'2" 275 and 6' 285). Don't know about current college interest levels with each however.
both teams played their hearts out. congrats to the briars.. hope you win state.. ill be pulling for you. everyone can get on here and say what if this or what if that.. but not all the turnovers can be blamed on one person. the turnovers were from multiple players at multiple spots. Things like that happen.. In the first belfry game.. after the ejections.. fumbles killed our drives.. just like last night. but I am so proud of how you handle yourselves on and off the field. after review film of last night.. the player who was ejected did not intentionally step on the player. he offered to help him up first, then kinda of stepped over him.. I know he would have never intentionally done this. but that's just the way the flags landed. GREAT SEASON CARDS, GREAT COACHING, AND NOW THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS UNTIL NEXT FOOTBALL SEASON...
Norm Peterson Wrote:He stepped on a Somerset players arm while he was down. It did look like it was intentional but he didn't look like he was trying to do any serious damage with it. I think it was more frustration, which is understandable but you can't express it that way. Kudos to the Sheldon Clark staff for calling his team together on the sidelines and reminding them to keep their composure and not get dirty at the end. I was on the chain crew and your fans, players and coaches were first class all the way. Congrats on a great season, you have a fine football team!

I would love to know why people get on here and say things when they don't know exactly what happened. That player is my son and he did not step on that players arm intentionally. He would never do that. He was not frustrated, he was just playing his heart out. As far as our coach composing our team to not play dirty, they never do, but that needed to be done on the other side of the field. Bottom line is we lost, but that was the worst crew of officials I have seen all year.
foozball Wrote:both teams played their hearts out. congrats to the briars.. hope you win state.. ill be pulling for you. everyone can get on here and say what if this or what if that.. but not all the turnovers can be blamed on one person. the turnovers were from multiple players at multiple spots. Things like that happen.. In the first belfry game.. after the ejections.. fumbles killed our drives.. just like last night. but I am so proud of how you handle yourselves on and off the field. after review film of last night.. the player who was ejected did not intentionally step on the player. he offered to help him up first, then kinda of stepped over him.. I know he would have never intentionally done this. but that's just the way the flags landed. GREAT SEASON CARDS, GREAT COACHING, AND NOW THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS UNTIL NEXT FOOTBALL SEASON...

Thank you for letting people know what really happended and what kind of player he is.
D WINS Wrote:What was Sheldon Clark's weakness?

Horrible qb play against good teams. Hager wants to spread and pass the ball more than anybody on that team but he knows the only way had a chance of winning big games is pounding the ball with the good running game and controling the clock!! When your full back Brad Stafford throws the best pass all year long against pike central then you should know what your weakness is.
but anyway dont want too make anybody mad because coach hager did a heck of a job with a team that could only rely on the run and there D. all the players played with heart and all the seniors i just want to know i'll miss watching you all play!! Hopefully the QB play will get better because that is the only thing standing between them and that state title next year.
Killerfootball Wrote:Congrats to the Cardinals they played a good game tonight hopefully next year they will have a better Quarterback and practice on fumbling the ball if coach had switch quarterbacks earlier tonight the end result might have been different I also think Sheldon Clark School should get the boys a jacket or something for the regional win something to think on. I am proud of the Cards they did good this year nothing to hold your head down for.

Cant agree more
2 fumbles and 2 interceptions is horrible no matter what the reasons are. in a big game against a good team your qb has to be the leader. you never see a team win a game when there qb turns it over 4 times and thats on the college pro or high school playing field..
cardinal mom Wrote:I would love to know why people get on here and say things when they don't know exactly what happened. That player is my son and he did not step on that players arm intentionally. He would never do that. He was not frustrated, he was just playing his heart out. As far as our coach composing our team to not play dirty, they never do, but that needed to be done on the other side of the field. Bottom line is we lost, but that was the worst crew of officials I have seen all year.

The bad calls went both ways. As for dirty play, I didn't see that out of either team--and the Somerset kids weren't getting called for personal fouls. Congrats to the Cards on a great season.
I actually thought this might be SC's year but when i watched Jumpers play week before i knew it was going too be the Jumpers too loose and they are well coached and are good enuff to bring back the hardware from Bowling Green,Congrats Jumpers all are proud of your TEAM!!
monster_energy Wrote:Horrible qb play against good teams. Hager wants to spread and pass the ball more than anybody on that team but he knows the only way had a chance of winning big games is pounding the ball with the good running game and controling the clock!! When your full back Brad Stafford throws the best pass all year long against pike central then you should know what your weakness is.
but anyway dont want too make anybody mad because coach hager did a heck of a job with a team that could only rely on the run and there D. all the players played with heart and all the seniors i just want to know i'll miss watching you all play!! Hopefully the QB play will get better because that is the only thing standing between them and that state title next year.

You know. i can't really believe how some of our FANS can get on here and dog the kids who have played there hearts out all season long.. the team got us to the first regional championship since 98 and we still have complainers. The only thing that will stand in the way of the state title is fans like you. You cannot blame the loss on just one person.. there were multiple mistakes. They are just kids you know playing there hearts out every friday night to represent our school and our town with pride and we have a few BAD apples like you and killerfootball.. if hager had thought that the qb should have been pulled then he would have done it. nothing has ever stopped him before from pulling a player and last friday would have been no different. There should be no finger pointing in situations like this. it only causes trouble within the team. So maybe your opinions should be kept inside your head. and not on public forums like this.
foozball Wrote:You know. i can't really believe how some of our FANS can get on here and dog the kids who have played there hearts out all season long.. the team got us to the first regional championship since 98 and we still have complainers. The only thing that will stand in the way of the state title is fans like you. You cannot blame the loss on just one person.. there were multiple mistakes. They are just kids you know playing there hearts out every friday night to represent our school and our town with pride and we have a few BAD apples like you and killerfootball.. if hager had thought that the qb should have been pulled then he would have done it. nothing has ever stopped him before from pulling a player and last friday would have been no different. There should be no finger pointing in situations like this. it only causes trouble within the team. So maybe your opinions should be kept inside your head. and not on public forums like this.

Just like you said its a public forum. i didnt put the kids name on here just said QB. Public Forums are for people to put there opinions out there not to keep them in your heads. If you dont like my post then dont read them!!
monster_energy Wrote:Just like you said its a public forum. i didnt put the kids name on here just said QB. Public Forums are for people to put there opinions out there not to keep them in your heads. If you dont like my post then dont read them!!

Can't agree with you more monster_energy if you don't like my post don't read them.
Killerfootball Wrote:Can't agree with you more monster_energy if you don't like my post don't read them.

thanks killer glad somebody agrees
Cardinal Mom must not have seen many officials this year if those were the worst all year!!
zebra'seyes Wrote:Cardinal Mom must not have seen many officials this year if those were the worst all year!!

Well we all know she didn't see you.
Ten Pin Spare Wrote:Well we all know she didn't see you.

Good to see you on here Zebra's Eyes and Ten Pin Spare.....This is AJG.....
Awesome season this year for the Cards