Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 28 Sheldon Clark 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great job Jumpers! Bring home a state championship!!!:1:
final 6to's tonight for Sheldon Clark
Great game Jumpers!! I figured that Somerset would be able to expose the weaknesses of Sheldon Clark and pul away in the end!! Sheldon Clark what a good season they had this year! Congrats Briar Jumpers!! Lets bring home a 3A State Championship!! I gotta find a way to Bowling Green to watch their game and im gonna make my dad go with me since he is an Alumni from Somerset High School!
Good luck somerset in state championship
leecoukfan Wrote:Great game Jumpers!! I figured that Somerset would be able to expose the weaknesses of Sheldon Clark and pul away in the end!! It's just to bad that Sheldon Clark has no class and they couldn't appreciate what a good season they had this year! Come Cardinals you have more class than that don't you?!
Congrats Briar Jumpers!! Lets bring home a 3A State Championship!! I gotta find a way to Bowling Green to watch their game and im gonna make my dad go with me since he is an Alumni from Somerset High School!

From the looks of the game the only weakness Somerset exposed was SC's ability to hold onto the ball. I know some of the turnovers were probably caused by the defense but there is NO WAY a team can overcome 6 turnovers and expect to beat a better team. It actually seems like both team's defenses were actually better than most posters on here seemed to think.
point proven great job somerset its yours to go win there is always next year for sheldon clark
[quote=former_cards_player02]Good win for somerset, and as usual sheldon clark dont know how to keep there heads cool which i blame bad coaching we need a knew coach who will dicipline his players and teach them to loose with pride, good luck somerset in state championship game.[/QU

That is what I would do...jump on to the Head Coach who got you to the State Semifinals!
wooderson Wrote:From the looks of the game the only weakness Somerset exposed was SC's ability to hold onto the ball. I know some of the turnovers were probably caused by the defense but there is NO WAY a team can overcome 6 turnovers and expect to beat a better team. It actually seems like both team's defenses were actually better than most posters on here seemed to think.

Yes, i agree!
Serious question. Is Somerset a "mountain" team?
Listen to the game it went just like i said it would.
Good luck to Somerset next week go get you a championship.
Good Job Briar Jumpers. Now go bring back that title.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Serious question. Is Somerset a "mountain" team?

I don't think briars grow in the mountains. Although they may.

Yes, they are technically a "mountain" team because they are in the wymt coverage area. They also play on the Eastern side of the state throughout the playoffs, obviously. Somerset is really right on the border of the mountains. If you drive into Somerset from the East it is pretty rugged with large rolling hills and valleys but after you get through town on the Western side it flattens out.
RoShamBo Wrote:Yes, they are technically a "mountain" team because they are in the wymt coverage area. They also play on the Eastern side of the state throughout the playoffs, obviously. Somerset is really right on the border of the mountains. If you drive into Somerset from the East it is pretty rugged with large rolling hills and valleys but after you get through town on the Western side it flattens out.

altitude of somerset is 941 ft. Small mountain team. Big bad football team.
Congrats Somerset
Jeepman Wrote:I don't think briars grow in the mountains. Although they may.

Obviously you have not been to the mountains.
Good job Somerset Briar Jumpers!! I call losing your coach weeks before the season starts "adversity". Way to overcome it and great job new coach. Hope you win it!!!
why did the Sheldon Clark player get ejected?
I talked to some people that were at the game and they said it was just a little frustration from the SC players no big deal but they couldn't tell me exactly what he did.
congrats to somerset i didnt think you could beat sc the way they was playing, i went to the CENTRAL/TILMAN,alot of speed,they was 14 down and came back......
Strikeout King Wrote:why did the Sheldon Clark player get ejected?

He stepped on a Somerset players arm while he was down. It did look like it was intentional but he didn't look like he was trying to do any serious damage with it. I think it was more frustration, which is understandable but you can't express it that way. Kudos to the Sheldon Clark staff for calling his team together on the sidelines and reminding them to keep their composure and not get dirty at the end. I was on the chain crew and your fans, players and coaches were first class all the way. Congrats on a great season, you have a fine football team!
Congrats to the Briar Jumpers on a very hard fought win! The Somerset defense was outstanding tonight as they kept pressure on the Sheldon Clark quarterback all night. The defense line for Somerset was much quicker than the Cardinals offensive line and was very disruptive in the running game. Erik Manning made 2 great touchdown throws and Storm Wilson turned another short pass into a highlight reel touchdown. Its been a great season for Somerset, now finish what you've started--bring one home on Saturday!
who was the SC player who got ejected?
Congrats to the Cardinals they played a good game tonight hopefully next year they will have a better Quarterback and practice on fumbling the ball if coach had switch quarterbacks earlier tonight the end result might have been different I also think Sheldon Clark School should get the boys a jacket or something for the regional win something to think on. I am proud of the Cards they did good this year nothing to hold your head down for.
leecoukfan Wrote:Great game Jumpers!! I figured that Somerset would be able to expose the weaknesses of Sheldon Clark and pul away in the end!! Sheldon Clark what a good season they had this year! Congrats Briar Jumpers!! Lets bring home a 3A State Championship!! I gotta find a way to Bowling Green to watch their game and im gonna make my dad go with me since he is an Alumni from Somerset High School!

What was Sheldon Clark's weakness?
Killerfootball Wrote:Congrats to the Cardinals they played a good game tonight hopefully next year they will have a better Quarterback and practice on fumbling the ball if coach had switch quarterbacks earlier tonight the end result might have been different I also think Sheldon Clark School should get the boys a jacket or something for the regional win something to think on. I am proud of the Cards they did good this year nothing to hold your head down for.

Don't get on here and do that. I don't care how much you think you know about football or anything that relates to sports(which I'm guessing is very little) don't ever get on a public forum and make ignorant statments such as that one.
^Agreed, these players are frustrated enough after ending their season before they hoped, they don't need people trashing them on a public forum on top of it. Personally I don't think any players on Sheldon Clark's team should be beating themselves up tonight, they had a good season that any team should be proud of. Some nights things don't go your way but if you play your hearts out like they have all season then they shouldn't have any regrets.
Congratulations Sheldon Clark on a great season!
Great job Cards...You gave it a valiant effort...I know that "what ifs" do not count in the game of football...but think about this...What if SC had not have turned it over 6 times? Somerset convereted 21 points on 3 of those turnovers...If this had not have happend the score would have at least been SC12 Somerset 7. Shows you what a powerful team SC "could" be. Lets work on this next year boys. Can't wait til the start of a new football season.

Only when there is no other mountain team to root for in the finals. :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2