Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A State Playoffs
Flashman Wrote:Breathitt also has the best coach in the state with Mike Holcomb. Teams are just simply not able to beat the Bobcats over and over year after year. Holcomb is a master at making adjustments and coming up with the perfect game plan and he has the talent to do it with. Everyone is healthy so let the games begin. This game against Garrard Co. Fri night will prove that Breathitt is functioning on all cylinders and ready for the "big boys" like Somerset, Belfry, and Central.:Thumbs:
Agree with you on the point that Holcomb adjusts year to year and even game to game on most occasions, but he has not adjusted this season for some reason and it has hurt the Bobcats. I do not know if Chapman had a hand in the strategy but the adjustments have not been made this season as in seasons past. I hope the Bobcats can adjust and keep the defenses guessing as they move forward, because if they do not, they will lose to Somerset. If they can keep their defense playing as they did against Wayne, and get their offense figured out, they will beat Somerset, and if they do, they may make it to BG because Somerset is just as good as any of the possible teams left that the Bobcats would play.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

BOBCAT Wrote:[quote=EKUAlum05]You Breathitt fans are cracking me up. You are talking smack about a team who beat you 40-19, calling out their physicality when they gained over 300 rushing yards and scored 5 rushing TD's.

No offense, but how hard you hit is very overrated when you can't even catch them to hit them in the first place.[/QWE are living in the present;not the past like some on here.WE are ready and WE are the team to beat.PROVE US WRONG.:argue:

haha don't worry you'll get your wish next week if not this week Confusedhh:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Agree with you on the point that Holcomb adjusts year to year and even game to game on most occasions, but he has not adjusted this season for some reason and it has hurt the Bobcats. I do not know if Chapman had a hand in the strategy but the adjustments have not been made this season as in seasons past. I hope the Bobcats can adjust and keep the defenses guessing as they move forward, because if they do not, they will lose to Somerset. If they can keep their defense playing as they did against Wayne, and get their offense figured out, they will beat Somerset, and if they do, they may make it to BG because Somerset is just as good as any of the possible teams left that the Bobcats would play.

Ok, then we will see what kind of team the Bobcats have and if the Flashman is right when the Somerset game rolls around. I can live with that because I am convinced that Breathitt has the potential to beat anyone and Holcomb is the kind of coach that can turn this season into a diamond. That's why this is so much fun for me is because I can see something in this Breathitt team of 2009 that many of you guys who are so impressed by Central's "speed" or Somerset's over inflated undefeated record just can not understand.

It is called heart and desire and these Bobcats are a long way from being finished this year.
just dont know
i really forgot what what i was going to type well must have been a lie
Flashman Wrote:Ok, then we will see what kind of team the Bobcats have and if the Flashman is right when the Somerset game rolls around. I can live with that because I am convinced that Breathitt has the potential to beat anyone and Holcomb is the kind of coach that can turn this season into a diamond. That's why this is so much fun for me is because I can see something in this Breathitt team of 2009 that many of you guys who are so impressed by Central's "speed" or Somerset's over inflated undefeated record just can not understand.

It is called heart and desire and these Bobcats are a long way from being finished this year.
Yeah that's it, no other team in the state has heart or desire. :yawn: Breathitt has cornered the market on heart and desire and hasn't left any for anyone else. The rest of us should save ourselves :igiveup: and just forfeit because there is no way anyone can beat the mighty 6-5 Bobcats.

On second thought Somerset has lost a coach (11 days before the season) and two dad's (passed away in the last year), they seem to have pulled together and rallied around each other and shown quite a bit of HEART and DESIRE themselves. So if the God Lord sees fit for us to get past Estill this week, I'll bet our boys will line up and play the next game with the same heart and desire they have shown all year.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Yeah that's it, no other team in the state has heart or desire. :yawn: Breathitt has cornered the market on heart and desire and hasn't left any for anyone else. The rest of us should save ourselves :igiveup: and just forfeit because there is no way anyone can beat the mighty 6-5 Bobcats.

On second thought Somerset has lost a coach (11 days before the season) and two dad's (passed away in the last year), they seem to have pulled together and rallied around each other and shown quite a bit of HEART and DESIRE themselves. So if the God Lord sees fit for us to get past Estill this week, I'll bet our boys will line up and play the next game with the same heart and desire they have shown all year.
I am one of the biggest Breathitt supporters on this site, but I know that it takes more than "Heart" and "Desire" to win against good teams. It takes execution and Breathitt just has not had that this season, even in the Mercer game. I said that Breathitt needed to practice and that is why I had no problem with them keeping their starters in, and I was right. They have been "out of sink" all season. If Breathitt can put it all together and get past Garrard then beat a solid Somerset team, they may make it all the way. But they need to do better than what they have so far or they will be going home next Friday, if not this Friday.

Jumper Dad Wrote:Yeah that's it, no other team in the state has heart or desire. :yawn: Breathitt has cornered the market on heart and desire and hasn't left any for anyone else. The rest of us should save ourselves :igiveup: and just forfeit because there is no way anyone can beat the mighty 6-5 Bobcats.

There is no need to be a smarta**. When Somerset can establish themselves as a football powerhouse then you can say what you want about Breathitt, but until that happens and I doubt it ever will you need to keep your ignorant remarks to yourself.
Didn't mean to pull your chain, I was just responding to an earlier post that said they would win just on heart and desire, as if no other team had any. I apologize for the 6-5 remark.

I have total respect for BC and what they have accomplished. It just seems that most, but not all, of the BC supporters have little to no respect for anyone else. Breathitt is one of the premier programs in the state but it is sad seeing some of their fans always knocking other programs.

Good Luck
Jumper Dad Wrote:Didn't mean to pull your chain, I was just responding to an earlier post that said they would win just on heart and desire, as if no other team had any. I apologize for the 6-5 remark.

I have total respect for BC and what they have accomplished. It just seems that most, but not all, of the BC supporters have little to no respect for anyone else. Breathitt is one of the premier programs in the state but it is sad seeing some of their fans always knocking other programs.

Good Luck

I totally agree. I hope Breathitt and Somerset do play because I feel it will be one **** of a game. Good Luck
They will play and Breathitt will steamroll Somerset 42-14 with an all-out onslaught both offensively and defensively. Fugate will demonstrate why he should get Mr. Football in the next few games....Somerset being one of them. I look for Breathitt's D to start causing a lot of turnovers and doing some scoring of their own. They are very underrated this year. With the offense running on all cylinders, injured players back, and everyone healthy it is time for this Bobcat defensive unit to gel.
THE CHAMP IS HERE...THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!! being played loudly as central takes the field.sorry breathitt,somerset,and whoever else.its over.does anyone know the last 3a was won three straight?:lmao:
Flashman Wrote:They will play and Breathitt will steamroll Somerset 42-14 with an all-out onslaught both offensively and defensively. Fugate will demonstrate why he should get Mr. Football in the next few games....Somerset being one of them. I look for Breathitt's D to start causing a lot of turnovers and doing some scoring of their own. They are very underrated this year. With the offense running on all cylinders, injured players back, and everyone healthy it is time for this Bobcat defensive unit to gel.
:Thumbs::1::Cheerlead

Flashman Wrote:They will play and Breathitt will steamroll Somerset 42-14 with an all-out onslaught both offensively and defensively. Fugate will demonstrate why he should get Mr. Football in the next few games....Somerset being one of them. I look for Breathitt's D to start causing a lot of turnovers and doing some scoring of their own. They are very underrated this year. With the offense running on all cylinders, injured players back, and everyone healthy it is time for this Bobcat defensive unit to gel.

Have a safe trip over, see you Friday!!!
Centrals looking good... Injuries are killing the Yellow Jackets. #12 Diaz taking over the ship for King and #12 can play, not to mention the insane skill at wide out in Robinson. #2 Wells is a monster in the backfield and he is a sophomore. No one is showing him any love. I'd say he is the best back this area has seen in a while... this kid is something special. This offense is in rhythm and the defense has been stepping up when they are needed. Good luck to Henry County. They will be needing it.

Quote:THE CHAMP IS HERE...THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!! being played loudly as central takes the field.sorry breathitt,somerset,and whoever else.its over.does anyone know the last 3a was won three straight?

I don't think any 3A team has ever gone 3 in a row. That all changes this year. 3PEAT!:notworthy:1::notworthy
Paducah Tilghman and Russellville should be fairly evenly matched. For no known reason, Tilghman's play has sometimes regressed to a near middle school level. They don't have a winning record and their kids are tiny. But if they are on their game and have forever shed their mid-season juvenile ways, you will see a level of speed that you do not often encounter.
the way tilman is palying right now i wont be surprised to see them and sc in the finals.....
CHS3x Wrote:I don't think any 3A team has ever gone 3 in a row. That all changes this year. 3PEAT!:notworthy:1::notworthy

Highlands 1998-2000 and Boyle 2001-2003.:1: