Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg (5-0)
59.04%
Sheldon Clark (3-1)
40.96%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark 9/25
"Touche, but my point was, if Fugate had stuck the Sheldon Clark game out, it would have been a different story."

Did not Fugate play the entire game, except for a few plays? I am not sure.
Clarification, please.

Thanks
paulcssi Wrote:"Touche, but my point was, if Fugate had stuck the Sheldon Clark game out, it would have been a different story."

Did not Fugate play the entire game, except for a few plays? I am not sure.
Clarification, please.

Thanks

You are correct.
I agree with A-Ray in that SC is taking this game seriously. SC players started working on this season in the weight room as soon as last season was over has one of the strongest teams in their history. The players and coaches want to win every game they play and losing does not sit well with this team. I also agree that SC's defense is a strong point on the team, but their Offense is also strong in that several players can gain yardage on the ground, and Stepp's passing to SC receivers Slone, Slone, Delong, and Ray
have great hands to catch the ball. P-burg better be ready....cause SC is......
I was at that game and Fugate played just about play with the exception of a couple so why can't you people realize that the SC defense did a great job. Most of you are like Wymt and give the Cards no credit or respect.
Who cares about the Breathitt game between either opponent. I don't. I'm ready for this one because this game will be one of the best in the state and should make for one of the biggest crowds to ever be at the new field in Inez. Both teams are nearly in mid-season form and this should be a hard hitting game just like Mountain games are supposed to be.
blackcat Wrote:I don't know much on the subject, but I was told, and it was pretty evident during the Prestonsburg game, that Fugate suffers from some pretty bad asthma, and that's why he only had 2 or so carries. I'm sure Sheldon Clark has a stout defense, but not that stout.

Touche, but my point was, if Fugate had stuck the Sheldon Clark game out, it would have been a different story.

SC is that "stout". However asthma is not an excuse. It can't be that disabilitating if he was able to do what he did last year. Asthma can be compounded on by a poor fitness level. There is no excuse for that. If you come into the season out of shape that shows a lack of heart.
Matman Wrote:I hear SC won't be playing a few starters and they will limit Slones touches. I hear they have some minor injuries and they might save them for district play. It doesn't sound like SC takes this game as serously as Pburg.

If only there were a "sandbag" smilie... :eyeroll:

Confusedhh:

I expect a GREAT ballgame !! :popcorn:
Should be a great game ...Looking forward to going back to The Rock ...But I of course take The Blackcats by 2 TD"S ....They have better come in and play hard and consistent 2 win it though.
Prestonsburg 24-14
Twitter: @tc_analytics

qbdad2011 Wrote:I heard that Channing Fugate, was scared of the Cardinal Mascot...something about a child hood nightmare? This makes as much sense as asthma, and bologna wings!

I think everyone missed the point. Asthma is not an excuse I'm using, Fugate rushed for well over 200 yards against Prestonsburg, but played the entire game. My point is, Sheldon Clark held Breathitt to 0 points with Fugate only playing a few plays. However, this is just my understanding, I've heard people say he played the whole game and heard he only took to handoffs.

It doesn't really matter either, I'm just trying to get a gist of what Sheldon Clark has. I'll take the Blackcats by 3 TD's.
I am going with the Cards to win. I know the Cards are ready to play this game physically and mentally. This will be one of the best games to watch all year.
this will be a good game, i'm going 2 say this p-burg will get the win in this game
p-burg-48
sc-21
blackcat Wrote:I think everyone missed the point. Asthma is not an excuse I'm using, Fugate rushed for well over 200 yards against Prestonsburg, but played the entire game. My point is, Sheldon Clark held Breathitt to 0 points with Fugate only playing a few plays. However, this is just my understanding, I've heard people say he played the whole game and heard he only took to handoffs.

It doesn't really matter either, I'm just trying to get a gist of what Sheldon Clark has. I'll take the Blackcats by 3 TD's.

Channing Fugate played the whole game. Our Dline was just in the backfield when he got the handoff. So they had to resort to the passing game.
in a very close game i say that sc pulls off another victory 35-21
blackcat Wrote:I think everyone missed the point. Asthma is not an excuse I'm using, Fugate rushed for well over 200 yards against Prestonsburg, but played the entire game. My point is, Sheldon Clark held Breathitt to 0 points with Fugate only playing a few plays. However, this is just my understanding, I've heard people say he played the whole game and heard he only took to handoffs.

He played the whole game. He just couldn't get anything doing with the ball in his hands or blocking. So Breathitt had to go with their other options.

And Oneijoe, I was thinking the same thing. Hager anounced the injured players in the newspaper. He might just be playing possum. I will be there either way. I expect a good game if SC can slow down the short passes.
I think it will be a great game...tough,hard fought,smashmouth football.
where can ya have this much fun for $5?

good luck to both teams!!!!
Prestonsburg by 2 td's