Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 34 - Whitley County 7
Bell Boys Fan Wrote:[quote=BellCoBobcats09]To be honest guys I didn't think Bell Co would improve this quick. Bell Co lost 13 seniors last year. This team is getting kinda scary considering how young they are. Bell Co plays Soddy Daisey which is another team from outside of Chattanooga, TN. Have no idea of what there about so Im worried about that game. Hopefully Bells coaches will venture down that way next Friday and watch them play in person since Bell is off Friday.[/QUOTE

This team has a lot of talent and IMO is a better team than last years. If you'll remember, even in the state game in 08 it was alot the soph. and Jr. class making the big plays and really winning that game. Not to take anything away from the 13 seniors that graduated but as the season goes on and I think you'll see this team keep improving every week and make their mark as one of the best teams ever on log mt.

Only time will tell. Playoffs got tough and Bell's ability to turn to their all state kicker got them through the Regional Championship. Take away the two field goals and KC wins 14-13. Take away the fourth quarter field goal in Boyle semi-final and Boyle wins by a point. Bell will have to be that much better or their opponents weaker.....because the kicking game gave them a great advantage in the close games. Under tough conditions, Merrick missed his first attempt in the finals...and never got a chance to redeem himself. However, the second half 51 yd. punt to the eight yd. line set up the safety that proved to be the winning margin. Hopefully, Bell's special teams can answer the call down the stretch. Made a huge difference on the 2008 run to the title.
You can watch the replay of the whitley county and bell County game at this link here http://www.bchssports.com/game4.html
BellCoBobcat Wrote:[quote=Bell Boys Fan]

Only time will tell. Playoffs got tough and Bell's ability to turn to their all state kicker got them through the Regional Championship. Take away the two field goals and KC wins 14-13. Take away the fourth quarter field goal in Boyle semi-final and Boyle wins by a point. Bell will have to be that much better or their opponents weaker.....because the kicking game gave them a great advantage in the close games. Under tough conditions, Merrick missed his first attempt in the finals...and never got a chance to redeem himself. However, the second half 51 yd. punt to the eight yd. line set up the safety that proved to be the winning margin. Hopefully, Bell's special teams can answer the call down the stretch. Made a huge difference on the 2008 run to the title.

So far the punting game and kickoff's have been good for Bell. I think Madon has done a good job at working at it. The Coaches have made sure that it is a priority and Madon has worked very hard at it. The XP/FG continues to be a concern but I would think John Dudley will get better at as the season goes on, Coach H will not let the XP team be a weakness. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcat Wrote:[quote=Bell Boys Fan]

You guys are too much. Yeah, the seniors had absolutely nothing to do with them winning a state title. All 15 games they did nothing. I like how you all look at things and I sure like how well you remember.
easyM Wrote:[quote=BellCoBobcat]

You guys are too much. Yeah, the seniors had absolutely nothing to do with them winning a state title. All 15 games they did nothing. I like how you all look at things and I sure like how well you remember.

Relax EASY dont work about what and how people remember or dont remember. All the right people know.
Trenches07 Wrote:[quote=easyM]

Relax EASY dont work about what and how people remember or dont remember. All the right people know.

I've heard this all year. Few with short memories.