Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Time Team from Mountains
Matman Wrote:But i also watched several games where Jeremy never recorded a tackle. One was against Sheldon Clark when a 200lb John Dials held him at bay all night. Now he did go on to become great. Size and speed got him there and they made him somthing but he was dispointing in high school.

You are right about that. Jeremy did goto UK and start, but in high school, he didn't dominate like he should have. I realize that he had 60 D-1 scholarship offers, but that because the man was a workout freak. Benched over 400 lbs, squated 6 or 7 hundred, ran a sub 12 second hundred at nearly three hundred pounds. But he did not dominate high school football games. I got to see a majority of his games in high school, and he did not play up to his potential then.
caudill was a good high school player, thats why he played in the SEC and started.
I agree with gish, I had the chance to play against him in high school. He had a D1 frame and was just a genetic freak with a great work ethic, but he didn't dominate a game or take it over like he should have. I believe his junior and senior seasons P-burg had a losing regular season record too...correct me if I'm wrong. He did develop into a good player in college, but I remember he did nothing against us.
IRISH4 Wrote:I agree with gish, I had the chance to play against him in high school. He had a D1 frame and was just a genetic freak with a great work ethic, but he didn't dominate a game or take it over like he should have. I believe his junior and senior seasons P-burg had a losing regular season record too...correct me if I'm wrong. He did develop into a good player in college, but I remember he did nothing against us.

His junior year they were really good. They had John Ortega, Nathan Leslie, and Grant Castle..But his senior year they went 3-8. If you want to talk about dominating D-lineman then it should start with Ryan Brown at Paintsville. Him and Jason Leger from Rockcastle both were two of the more dominating high school D-linemen I have seen.
Matman Wrote:But i also watched several games where Jeremy never recorded a tackle. One was against Sheldon Clark when a 200lb John Dials held him at bay all night. Now he did go on to become great. Size and speed got him there and they made him somthing but he was dispointing in high school.

I must say i agree with you ,I seen him play at Breathitt Highs field in play-off game i believe and a Gross kids 5'8" 185lbs whip him all over the field,now he went on and made a heck of a player in college(UK) but in High school he wasnt what he was built up to be,jmo..
What about Greg Hackney? Wasn't he second in the state in touchdowns and rushing his senior season? He would have to be considered.
CosmoKramer Wrote:What about Greg Hackney? Wasn't he second in the state in touchdowns and rushing his senior season? He would have to be considered.

100% correct! Greg would have to be considered,IMO. Greg in his senior yr. (1988) was named first team all state on offence. He was the second leading scorer in the state behind leading state scorer Michael Penman of Lincoln Co. Greg is now very successful in the medical proffesion in Pikeville.:Thumbs:
^^^Greg Hackney would definitely have to be considered. He was arguably as good as any of the backs mentioned and nobody ever played harder.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^Greg Hackney would definitely have to be considered. He was arguably as good as any of the backs mentioned and nobody ever played harder.
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

He was one of those backs that was so much fun to watch!! Sure would like to see another one like him come through!
Hey fellas, I am a former member of the 96-97 Class 2A state champs from the mountains. I have read your lists and all players that which I recognized are significant contenders. You have to also look at which years these players were playing and the degree of difficulty amongst the mountain teams that year. I appreciate you putting my name on the 2nd team list. I have to step up and defend alot of our players at Breathitt county as well. I am currently deployed in Afghanistan. This is my second tour and I look forward to talking high school football wih football educated people like myself.

Ok, where to begin?

QB-Kyle Moore
QB- Waylon Chapman
HB- Jonathon Chapman
HB-Channing Fugate
WR- Matt Sharp
WR- Tim Barnett
TE-Jared Stacey
CB-Jeremiah Chapman
LB-Jon Radar
S-Tim Barnett

OK guys you are looking at Members of a couple undefeated State Championship teams as well as 1st Team All Staters, Members of the Kentucky All Star team, and Legitimate College Div 1 and 2 players. These are only a few players off the top of my head.
May have overlooked but didnt see these mentioned.

D. Honaker (Pikeville)
Gerald Osborne (Virgie)
5timechamp Wrote:May have overlooked but didnt see these mentioned.

D. Honaker (Pikeville)
Gerald Osborne (Virgie)

Your right . These two should have been mentioned. I remember Deanthony Honaker went on to play for Kentucky.Quick feet for his size & great blocking techniqes.
Great list from a great football school . Good luck in your tour of duty.I'm an ex- military man myself (U. S. Army):Thumbs:.
Great list from a great foot ball school! Good luck during your tour of duty. I'm an ex Military man myself(U. S. Army)
central fan Wrote:EKU was D-2 and still are in football. His team almost beat Marshall in one of there Championship years in the playoffs if im not mistaken.

EKU is currently D1-AA (FCS) in football . . . not D-2.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Don't forget Byron West and Eric Witherspoon from Middlesboro back in the 90's...

:Thumbs: I was just about to name Byron West. I don't know how I forgot about Eric Witherspoon.
I think you have to put Paul Webb, DL from Johnson Central that was on the 2000 team (I think the year is correct). One of the top D-lineman in the country that year and played at U.K. on a full-ride,