Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Shelby Valley
i-dono Wrote:You s.v fans crack me up...granted p-burg is down this year...but let me explain something to you...they are still PRESTONSBURG! All this talk about your stud nose guard...he has done an amazing job against the powerhouse teams you have played...pike central...south floyd...east ridge...magoffin county...thats impressive :theman: s.v. is in for a big reality check this friday night when the red and black roll into town...I'm sure of one thing, coach derossit will have the blackcats ready to play come friday night, and the blue and white are in trouble

PHS-49
SV-7 :ChairHit:

I'm normally not one to blame things on this or that. But had the refs made a few calls that they should have made then the PC P'burg game would have been a lot closer.. I know of about 4 pass interferance calls that weren't made.. granted there probably were a couple calls that weren't called on PC, but nothing that would have given them a bunch of yards and a first down..
Yes P'burg has been tough in the past, but this year is different. SV has a good chance to beat them.. I'm not saying they will, but they have a chance..
Go Shelby Valley!!
great game

valley-20
pburg-22
This game will be better than some of the Blackcat fans think.
SV matches up better with this P'Burg team than in years past.
Yes, P'Burg is still P'Burg but it is a watered down version of P'Burg in years past.
blackcat_student Wrote:Who do u think will win ?
I think:
Pburg---42
SV------14
pburg by 2 td's
I think this is 3 years in a row now that Valley fans have said that they match up with Prestonsburg and every year the same outcome. When are you guys gonna learn? SV, PC, ER, and Magoffin are in the same league so expect the same outcome.
I think that SV and PC will eventually become good teams, but never be powerhouse teams like Belfry and Prestonsburg have became. Maybe in 4 or 5 years SV and PC will compete with Pburg and Belfry for a district title, then maybe 8 or 10 years they will be able to compete for a regional title, but I dont see it happening before then.:wieghts:
Red and Black Wrote:I think that SV and PC will eventually become good teams, but never be powerhouse teams like Belfry and Prestonsburg have became. Maybe in 4 or 5 years SV and PC will compete with Pburg and Belfry for a district title, then maybe 8 or 10 years they will be able to compete for a regional title, but I dont see it happening before then.:wieghts:
no respect for sc???
sc is a powerhouse team as well everyone has their rebuilding years grant it i am still waiting to see belfry's but they will have one
with the exception of last season and 5 years ago sc has had a winning season every year, once they had their first winning season for 13 seasons and competed perenially for district and regional titles
Well I wouldn't consider SC a powerhouse. SC isn't a bad team, but I don't think they are a very good team just yet. They will be better as time goes on, but a normal Prestonsburg team would have killed SC this year. SC only beat Prestonsburg by 1 this year and Prestonsburg is terrible. Now I'm not saying SC is bad, but I think they have a lot of room for improvment as does many teams in our district/region. Sheldon Clark will however make it further in the playoffs than we will. So enjoy it while you can.
SC was in 3A for a number of years, most teams that drop down a class usually win a few district titles and region titles, SC hasnt made it past the 2nd round yet. Powerhouse----NO, good team----YES
Red and Black Wrote:SC was in 3A for a number of years, most teams that drop down a class usually win a few district titles and region titles, SC hasnt made it past the 2nd round yet. Powerhouse----NO, good team----YES

Note this my sofomore year and IM the greatest senior year we played bell county probably the best eastern ky team and almost beat em so if we were in 2a then there wood be no contest probably state champs we had so many play maker and athletes great line and the best coach im quit sure im the greatest will post about this
What year was this TE?? because Bell Co. hasnt beat Prestonsburg in probably over 10 or 15 years.
the year 2002
cool, that was my Soph. year as well.
if am correct the 99 and 2000 seasons the combined score was like 90 or 100 something like that to 6 or 12 when sc played pburg so.......powerhouse we are or were!! but matney's prodigy willhave the exact scores of those games
I hope Prestonsburg will win so we can lock up the 3 seed in our district and play Middlesboro or Breathitt Co.
OR LESLIE CO....if im not mistaken
They won't be playing Leslie Co. unless they get beat by Valley and wind up with the #4 spot. Leslie Co. will win their district which will have them playing Valley more than likely.
i think that prestonsburg will win this one and make their run for the playoffs.
Seems I remember these same discussions last year about this time. Smile

P-burg - 34
SV - 14
Shelby Valley is playing really well this season, but even with a slacking defense up to this point, P-Burg will come out on top due to great coaching.

P-Burg-28
Valley-20
ttt
ive seen both of these teams play this year and both are good teams, but I see Shelby Valley pulling out a win in this one I see the score 21-20.
The Blackcats will pull this one out for district win #3
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I'm normally not one to blame things on this or that. But had the refs made a few calls that they should have made then the PC P'burg game would have been a lot closer.. I know of about 4 pass interferance calls that weren't made.. granted there probably were a couple calls that weren't called on PC, but nothing that would have given them a bunch of yards and a first down..
Yes P'burg has been tough in the past, but this year is different. SV has a good chance to beat them.. I'm not saying they will, but they have a chance..

Is this why brandon peters had 250+ yds i that game. And Brenton Hamilton went out early in the game so it could have been worse.
I think P-burg actually took it easy last Friday to avoid criticism of running up the score. So they made it look respectable. Expect the same in tonights game. It'll be a 3 TD victory, but could be a 10 TD victory.
the blackcats should come out on top if thaey keep thier heads in the game
the cats had a good week of practice