Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central will they 3-peat
dont see how they can be the over whelming favor,breahitt has alot coming back....i would say they should be,but hope the pirates make it to them and repay them for last year,lol
They have some pretty good talent returning from last year and id say they will bring in a lot more..so yes
The Iceboxx Wrote:Central has to be the overwhelming favorite to win the 3A title next season.

They Return two of the top five players in the state, one of which is one of the top linebackers in the nation, the last couple of season Ridge and Mister killed people, but neither can compare to the amount of talent that Tim Patterson has.

Central also returns their QB, who was a great leader and was just a first year starter last season, their best two RB's and three of their interior lineman.

NO!!! Central isnt X or T, T/X play perfect sound football.
Central big plays people, over and over. Int's, the return game. They excell way above the rest of the elite teams by miles in these areas.

Breathitt Fans are going to root for their team no matter what, they said they were gonna win state, then when they lost, they said they should have won, even when they where physically dominated. At least the belfry fans had something to argue in 07 when it was a close game.

The numbers speak for themselves, Central is something like 17-0 agaisnt 3A competition since the realignment. No one besides Belfry has even been a true challenge.

Maybe we should become a magnet school so we can play for the Class A title.
On paper "YES "Central should win as long as they are in 3-A,and many know they are not the normal 3-A team(with 900 students where would that put them 4-A,5-A),Coaching at a school where they are more athletes, than goes to any moutain schools,so why would they not win,but reason i say that they should win is why mountian kids say they won't,Hard work,and Heart means a lot, and the teams here will have final say so,Breathitt,Belfry are just two that will want a chance at them,Hopefully Bobcats get their chance next year again in Bowling Green...
Are you Breathitt Fans seriously going to continue with this stupid excuse.
Its MALE enrollment. Nothing more, nothing less. They have no more people that can be out for football than Estill Co for example could.

The only way you have an argument would be if you including the girls as possible football players, is that what your doing?

Is it not fare because they have over 600 girls who COULD come out for football. Were talking about girls now why we win.

As soon as BHS fans read this info in the program it has been an excuse they have been clinging to, when everyone knows its stupid
In most schools they go by total enrollment not how many male and females that goes too the school, i really dont consider anyone that has an opinion on here as stupid,so where do you come up with that all is stupid because you may not know how enrollment is calulated,(size of class 1-A,2-A,3-A,4-A,5-A,6-A is done by enrollment )not by females playing football,and numbers of females at your school,come on stay at reason why they(L'ville Central) can and will repeat... I stick to what i said they(L'ville Central) should be playing up a class or two not a true 3-A enrollment,and yes they also have very good talent!!!
Classification in Kentucky High School FOotball is strictly decided by ONE thing.
MALE ENROLLMENT, not total.

Look it up.

It has nothing to do with total.
Iceboxx is right on enrollment. Central is a nursing magnet school. Not really one to draw in a lot of football players.

The Yellowjackets have Stephan Robinson who has been offered by Louisville and Illinois and Tim Patterson as D1 players to graduate next year. The freshman Wales will probably be the starting tailback and he had about 90 or so yards in the championship game. Their offensive line is really big with Cobble being the only one they lose. Their offense will be the reason they win or don't win the championship next year. Their defense has carried them to two titles but their studs are on the offensive side.

They have to be the favorites.
Central's speed is difficult for teams to match up with, I would put my money on them to win it. But only a few teams in the mountains could control the clock and maybe able to shut them down.
Breathitt fans, or any football fans for that matter, that bring up the whole magnet school excuse truly has no comprehnsion of Louisville High School football, nor the obstacles that Central's program has overcame that their schools would never dream of having to deal with.
I am telling you BCHS dont have that many male students to make them a 3-A school then,But like you said that magnet thing has to mean more than us stupid (as been CALLED)people can deal with,Its all about fairness is being treat fair and all playing by same rules,L'ville has many schools in Jefferson County if they wanted to be an all girl school so be it.
But making some play by rules is what KHSAA should do,they except out a few schools and hit others hard with the rule book.Just like Private school thing,sorry too say but thats not fair either.But we all have to live and learn to play by 2 differant sets of Rules.Never have i said that they(L'ville Central) didnt have way more athletes but put them in the class they belong see where they finish,playing Highlands,or Bell County they finish as runner-up behind either team!!
They are in the class they belong, Highlands plays up.
http://www.khsaa.org/reports/enrollments.html

Link to the KHSAA site with the enrollment numbers they use to place teams in classes.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Central's speed is difficult for teams to match up with, I would put my money on them to win it. But only a few teams in the mountains could control the clock and maybe able to shut them down.

We will.
redcoach Wrote:They are in the class they belong, Highlands plays up.

Yea because Highlands likes to EARN their titles.
[quote=barrel]http://www.khsaa.org/reports/enrollments.html

Link to the KHSAA site with the enrollment numbers they use to place teams in classes.[/QUOTWhat class were they in before?Looks like they had NO success before they dropped.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Are you Breathitt Fans seriously going to continue with this stupid excuse.
Its MALE enrollment. Nothing more, nothing less. They have no more people that can be out for football than Estill Co for example could.

The only way you have an argument would be if you including the girls as possible football players, is that what your doing?

Is it not fare because they have over 600 girls who COULD come out for football. Were talking about girls now why we win.

As soon as BHS fans read this info in the program it has been an excuse they have been clinging to, when everyone knows its stupid

My excuse if you want one is HOME COOKING
Who cares about what number of guys you have or dont have. The game is played on the feild. If you took a top team from a class like 1A and put them up against someone decent in 6A it would be an alright game, now if the 1A school was playing a weaker 6A school IMO the 1A school that was the state champs would win. But Central has a good chance of repeating yes, but central cant get the big head and not buckel down and work their tales off cause I know my beloved Bobcats are this offseason. Good luck to both teams this season.
cuppett777 Wrote:if breahitt comes in the season thinking like what there people are posting,then they might be sitting at the house this year like us belfry people did,so dont count your chickens before they hatch...

mmmmmm.
well its kinda obsivious that breathitt is gonna make it to state
[no offense]
It's 10 months till December so I'm gonna not try to post on the subject for that long.This could drag on till then but it is pointless.If God forbid something happens and we don't make it all I can say is GO EAST!This thread needs to be closed.
redcoach Wrote:Iceboxx is right on enrollment. Central is a nursing magnet school. Not really one to draw in a lot of football players.

The Yellowjackets have Stephan Robinson who has been offered by Louisville and Illinois and Tim Patterson as D1 players to graduate next year. The freshman Wales will probably be the starting tailback and he had about 90 or so yards in the championship game. Their offensive line is really big with Cobble being the only one they lose. Their offense will be the reason they win or don't win the championship next year. Their defense has carried them to two titles but their studs are on the offensive side.

They have to be the favorites.

Their offensive line, in my opinion, was pretty poor last year. Very big, but very, very, very slow and out of shape. From what I remember of the state game (I was on Percoset at the time so some things were pretty foggy), it wasn't Central's O line that caused Breathitt problems, it was the speed of a few skilled players. King is fast, very quick and a very nice athlete (is he back?). But if Central is going to take advantage of Robinson's receiving skills, King is going to have to become a much better passer. The other kid that sometimes alternated in at qb, was a decent runner but didn't throw the ball at all. When he was in, you could be almost positive that they weren't going to pass the ball from what I recall.

I agree with you that Central's D won the last two championships, particularly in 2008 when I thought Central's O was pretty average at best. I still think Patterson is going to have a much tougher time being a force on D this year with Cobble and Wilson being gone. I wish Highlands and Central could have renewed their series as I liked watching that matchup. The mountain schools interested in beating Central would be wise to watch the tape of Highlands vs Central last year and see how Highlands beat them 28-0 (hint: it was caused by the quickness and speed of Highlands O and D line).
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:[quote=barrel]http://www.khsaa.org/reports/enrollments.html

Link to the KHSAA site with the enrollment numbers they use to place teams in classes.[/QUOTWhat class were they in before?Looks like they had NO success before they dropped.

You have to be kidding?

2006 Class 3A State Semi-Finalist,11-3, lost a close game to Bowling Green
2005 Class 3A 8-4 lost to Boyle County
2004 3A State Quarterfinals,10-3, Lost a shootout to Boyle County
2003 8-3, First Round Loss at Home

Louisville Central has been improving steadily and when Scorggins came aboard that made all the difference.

For comparison sake in those same years:

Breathitt

2006 8-3, 1st Round Loss at Home
2005 4-7, 1st Round Loss
2004 11-1, 2nd Round Loss at Home
2003 7-4, First Round Loss at Home

Not only did Central "do something" before they "dropped" to 3A... they were by far a more competitive program than Breathitt against much better competition.
Central Preview

-Offense-
Chris King showed great toughness last year as he rolls his ankle and still plays, he is the leader and captain of the O.

Diaz Bolden is the roatating QB who is a huge Run threat but as mentioned has to give something in the passing game .

Ace Wales will start HB, and will be insane by season end as he was only 14 carving D's up through the playoffs.

Steph Robinson will stretch D's with the PA game in their run first Offense, and will always hurt Deep when team dont play honest.

(X FACTOR)---- 4 and short, they will move big Tim Patterson to H Back, and bruise for yards, not and asset most teams have, a 6'5" 220lbs. athlete when its on the line.
By the way Breathitt County Fans... you do realize that over 20 high schools in Jefferson County has magnet programs? Including schools like Male, Manual, Ballard, and Eastern which have much better facilities, funding, location, and support.

Additionally, Breahitt, like all of Appalachia, has it's fair share of pverty. But as someone who has lived in both Louisville and EKY I can say without hesitation Breathitt County des not have a quarter of the obstacles that the administration and coaching staff at Central has to deal with.

Not only does Central have far less boys to choose from in their male enrollment, but when you take into account how many of those kids do not have the final reources to play, cannot speak English, or have negative impacts from their community... then I would say that Lou. Central only has half the ammount of truly eligible boys to pick from.
ZoneRead Wrote:I am glad that you can laugh but please add some support and reason to your kiddy chat. I would like to get an intelligent response out of you.
i have a response for u ok buddy. breathitt loses 4 players on offense already been replaced. on the defensive side they lose maybe the same 4 plaers which have also been replaced breathitt also returns jared wolfe that is the strongest player on the team.
Magnet Schools are Jefferson Co.

See in the county, schools have so much funding. Not more funding, but there is one high school usually. So you can have Tech Programs, Medical Classes, Carpentry, etc.

Well theyre are only a handful of these in Jefferson Co. the Traditional Highs, which are Fern Creek, Butler, PRP, Moore etc.

So Jeff Co. creates magnets for individual schools to allow students to basically declare a major as they enter High school, this teaches students a trade, that god forbid they dont make it to college they, learn a skill that they can carry onto a job site. Or it gives them a jump start on a college major.

Examples

-Shawnee has a Aero Space program. The school sucks, but students intrested in Aero Space can go there and learn about something that intrest them

-Southern has a Auto Body program

-Western has a Technology magnet, which is parterns with GE, and has contracts with Cisco Systems

-Central has Nursing and law programs.

-Iroquois and Seneca are involved highly with the Service Programs, which is a huge service recruiter with JROTC, Naval and Marine corps ROTC.

There is no purpose to this post but this is how things are done in the City, which does include High Minority Rates, the states highest Poverty Rates, but also some of the states Highest Graduation Rates, and some of the states most successful athletics.

Man i cant wait untill football season.
this might be the best one in a long time
Central did earn thier two titles 41-19 and 27-17. The referees are chosen by KHSAA not by the closest school to the finals.

If you don't want to be called stupid remember what Franklin(I think it was Franklin) said "it is better to sit and look a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."

Some of the stuff that some Breathitt fans are posting isn't putting you in an educated light.
Looks to me that Central and Breathitt have the exact same number of boys at thier school. 336
The Iceboxx Wrote:Central Preview

-Offense-
Chris King showed great toughness last year as he rolls his ankle and still plays, he is the leader and captain of the O.

Diaz Bolden is the roatating QB who is a huge Run threat but as mentioned has to give something in the passing game .

Ace Wales will start HB, and will be insane by season end as he was only 14 carving D's up through the playoffs.

Steph Robinson will stretch D's with the PA game in their run first Offense, and will always hurt Deep when team dont play honest.

(X FACTOR)---- 4 and short, they will move big Tim Patterson to H Back, and bruise for yards, not and asset most teams have, a 6'5" 220lbs. athlete when its on the line.

Thx Ice for the summary.

I was very impressed with King. I saw Central play a total of 5 games last year (3 live and 2 on tape) and the King kid is for real. If he improves his passing, he could be very dangerous. He scrambles very well. Containment is a critical part of any defense hoping to stop King. Looking forward to seeing the Wales kid run the ball the next couple of years.

I don't have a dog in the Breathitt Central debate raging, other than to say that I think the complaints about Central being a 4A school are unfounded. The KHSAA decided (properly in my opinion) a couple of years ago to look at male enrollment to determine classification, which makes sense since football is played almost exclusively by males.

I also think the comment about getting homered or home cooking being the reason for Central's win is way off base. The state games refs are chosen by the KHSAA and generally come from throughout the state. I seriously doubt than any ref on the field that day had or showed any bias towards Central. It's actually quite offensive to the integrity of the ref crew to make such a comment and such allegations should never be made without conclusive proof (and by conclusive I mean strong enough to have the individual's reffing certification revoked).
redcoach Wrote:Central did earn thier two titles 41-19 and 27-17. The referees are chosen by KHSAA not by the closest school to the finals.

If you don't want to be called stupid remember what Franklin(I think it was Franklin) said "it is better to sit and look a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."

Some of the stuff that some Breathitt fans are posting isn't putting you in an educated light.

It was Samual Clemons that said it and the quote is "It is better to thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

I also believe Male is a traditional school or at least that is what their staff told us. They also do not have very good facilities. Central must have some connection to Male because they run the same defensive scheme. Not many school run that scheme and almost all schools that do run it have a connection to Male.