Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co 73 - Estill Co 62
thecavemaster Wrote:We're not talking Vegas gaming scandals here: we're talking about a burger and fries or something. You actually think that the clock fiasco in last year's game at Lee was on the level? that the shot, in real time, actually counted? That's your contention?
First You do not need to yell everything. The official (Brian Cook) called the game and added time to the clock and called the shot good. No one from Lee did anything other than follow the refs instructions. Brian is not from anywhere around Lee County and is the one of top rated officials by the coaches. So you may have an issue with the refs then fine. But the clockkeeper who was subbing for the regular keeper(who had an emergency) did tell the ref to he was killing him by adding time back. I am sure based on yous BS that you have never put yourself in a position like this young man did by stepping up and putting yourself in a situation that is that pressure packed. You will never have to see him again do a clock. The fans made sure of that with the name calling, I heard the kids being called names from the Estill crowd and all they did was play. I understand the Estill reaction to a tough loss. Coach Tiller teaches and is very competitive and that is why I like him so much. As for the clipboard incident it was a lack of judgement but everyone who has lived has done things they regretted and Coach Tiller is a good and decent man and I know he wishes it did not happen. Now the timeout, Yes a play was drawn up no dunk was ever mentioned or intended,but Estill could beat Lee at thier place (fair and square) and the tiebreaker for the district title and seeding if both teams tie is points of victory. So the object is to win by more points than you lose by if you have the same record. This is strategy out respect to a team Coach Wright feels is capable of beating Lee. Coach Tiller should have thought of that insted of using timeouts for no reason and tried to get the score as close as possible. Now if both teams have the same record when we meet again Estill must win by 12 to win the district regular season title and be seeded 1 in the tournament. I know many of us feel good about the Estill kids and fans, my heart goes out to Tristan and I hope we can continue to support one another. As far as some have remarked about bad blood between these two teams I have heard of none from the Lee kids towards the Estill kids and if there is bad blood towards the kids I feel that is sad. These kids live close together and should be able to go at each otheer hard every time they paly and be friends after the game.
JOBAKKA Wrote:First You do not need to yell everything. The official (Brian Cook) called the game and added time to the clock and called the shot good. No one from Lee did anything other than follow the refs instructions. Brian is not from anywhere around Lee County and is the one of top rated officials by the coaches. So you may have an issue with the refs then fine. But the clockkeeper who was subbing for the regular keeper(who had an emergency) did tell the ref to he was killing him by adding time back. I am sure based on yous BS that you have never put yourself in a position like this young man did by stepping up and putting yourself in a situation that is that pressure packed. You will never have to see him again do a clock. The fans made sure of that with the name calling, I heard the kids being called names from the Estill crowd and all they did was play. I understand the Estill reaction to a tough loss. Coach Tiller teaches and is very competitive and that is why I like him so much. As for the clipboard incident it was a lack of judgement but everyone who has lived has done things they regretted and Coach Tiller is a good and decent man and I know he wishes it did not happen. Now the timeout, Yes a play was drawn up no dunk was ever mentioned or intended,but Estill could beat Lee at thier place (fair and square) and the tiebreaker for the district title and seeding if both teams tie is points of victory. So the object is to win by more points than you lose by if you have the same record. This is strategy out respect to a team Coach Wright feels is capable of beating Lee. Coach Tiller should have thought of that insted of using timeouts for no reason and tried to get the score as close as possible. Now if both teams have the same record when we meet again Estill must win by 12 to win the district regular season title and be seeded 1 in the tournament. I know many of us feel good about the Estill kids and fans, my heart goes out to Tristan and I hope we can continue to support one another. As far as some have remarked about bad blood between these two teams I have heard of none from the Lee kids towards the Estill kids and if there is bad blood towards the kids I feel that is sad. These kids live close together and should be able to go at each otheer hard every time they paly and be friends after the game.

The shot did not count in real time. Watch the video and time it yourself. Let's not call it cheating, then, if that's what you want. Is incompetence better? Last year is last year. It's over. I've said my piece.