Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 08-09
blforlife9 Wrote:Haha, betsy layne may be the besy defense team in the 58th

You have obvisouly not seen the Prestonsburg defense.
PG-Michael Burchett (6' 3")
SG-Jodie Tackett (5' 10")
PF-Austin Gearheart (6' 1") (Rebounding Machine)
SF-Alex Stumbo (6' 2")
C-Stephen Patrick (6' 6") (Shot Blocking and Rebounding Machine and can throw it down with ease)!:Thumbs:
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:You have obvisouly not seen the Prestonsburg defense.
SF-Alex Stumbo (6' 2")
C-Stephen Patrick (6' 6") (Shot Blocking and Rebounding Machine and can throw it down with ease)!:Thumbs:

Did you not watch the E.R game last night, betsy layne was down 14 in the first half and came back and won, with the outstanding defensive performance... E.R. is supposed to be the 3rd best in the region, if they are, then BL is a forced to be reckoned with this season. They won without 2 senior starters in Adam Slone and Josh Head. But imo bryant tibbs outplayed josh head, and Bryce Adkins is running his team extremely well. 2-0 bobcats gj.
blforlife9 Wrote:Did you not watch the E.R game last night, betsy layne was down 14 in the first half and came back and won, with the outstanding defensive performance... E.R. is supposed to be the 3rd best in the region, if they are, then BL is a forced to be reckoned with this season. They won without 2 senior starters in Adam Slone and Josh Head. But imo bryant tibbs outplayed josh head, and Bryce Adkins is running his team extremely well. 2-0 bobcats gj.

I don't care if BL beat ER and by how much they came back from all I know is when they play PBURG on December 16 they will get dominated down low by Patrick and Gearheart mark it down! :thumpsup:
listen pburg is decent but there over matched aginst bl.......theres no way pburg beats betsy layne....and as far as pburgs inside game thats not their strength at all if they want to win they better hope micheal burchett and jodi tackett have good nights because that is all they have.....no disrespect to either of those players because there both very good
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I don't care if BL beat ER and by how much they came back from all I know is when they play PBURG on December 16 they will get dominated down low by Patrick and Gearheart mark it down! :thumpsup:

are you seriouse... p-burg has no inside game at all, the only player they have is in micheal burchett... ohh yeah er was 3rd in the region, lets see how close p-burg gets to them.
blforlife9 Wrote:are you seriouse... p-burg has no inside game at all, the only player they have is in micheal burchett... ohh yeah er was 3rd in the region, lets see how close p-burg gets to them.

i totally agree with u........but the game will speak for its self
If Martin and Newman step up and play like they did in the MC game, Tackett plays defense like he did in the ER game, Adkins runs the point as he has done every game and the Bobcats play all around team ball.....P'burg will not stand a chance..... BL is my pick in the 58th.....but only time will tell....GO BOBCATS!!!:thumpsup:
BL is already bearing the trademarks of a typical Jr. Newsome team. Coach Newsome demands respect and his players are much better players because of it. I've seen no one loosing their temper or pushing or loosing their cool. These kids are very lucky to have an old general back this year!!!:Cheerlead
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:You have obvisouly not seen the Prestonsburg defense.
SF-Alex Stumbo (6' 2")

Ok Ive watched both teams play and played aginst them also but both lost some major players from last season!!!!
But im gonna have to say p-burg will have the better D-fence
Cause Slone is out---- and Maldonado don't even get to PLAY:confused: :confused: :confused: and tharts really their defence of threats from my exsperice against them

And anyways what does Dunking have to do with defence is their something i missed lol
and if i was 6'6 and coulden't throw it down with ease id pick a differnt sport like checkers or something lmaoBig Grin
heartstopper3 Wrote:So after the Wolfe Co, game and Blue and White Night who stood out for the Bobcats??

Didn't Wolfe Co. win the scrimmage against BL? Wolfe only has one player over 6ft. Sounds like BL needs a little work.
blforlife9 Wrote:are you seriouse... p-burg has no inside game at all, the only player they have is in micheal burchett... ohh yeah er was 3rd in the region, lets see how close p-burg gets to them.

What Burchett is a point guard what does he have to do with playing down low? And I do think P-BURG will be third or fourth in the region behind Valley, Johnson Central, or Pikeville.
The only way size matters is if you know how to use it. East Ridge has a big man, but BL beat them...who cares if it was only but 2 on a last second shot.....the fact of the matter is....THEY WON!!!.......I've seen most of the big men in the 15th region play this season...& i've not really seen a "BIG MAN" who can use his size all that well on the inside...but it is just the beginning of the season.......The champs of the 15th Region this year will be the team with the most heart......IMO the door is open for title this year......
Betsy Layne tonight against a weak Paintsville team! With a chance to start the season 3-0. Has not done that since 98' season.