• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 08-09
1.)Lee
2.)Estill
3.)Powell
4.)Owsley
estill should dominate the 56th with cackling leading the way
im getting pretty sick of all this cackling crap......:dontthink
loves2cheer Wrote:im getting pretty sick of all this cackling crap......:dontthink
If you are indeed a true fan of the Engineers - you are a fan of only a few of them that you don't think get the recognition they deserve. If the players you root for step up their game then they too would be discussed on this board. JEALOUSY has no place on a good team and the UGLY HEAD of Jealousy will not lead the rest of the body anywhere.
YouNeverKnow Wrote:IMO

1) Lee
2) Estill
3) Owsley
4) Powell

((Owsley and Powell could switch it up at any moment. The only reason i put the owls on top preseason is because of guard Devon Evans. Kids got some talent.))

Now, i don't see Estill beating Lee for the sole fact that I don't think Charles is the only player on this Lee Co. team. He can pass the ball and has some clutch shooters on the wings like Wise and Childers(a small kid who you may have not even heard of before, but will come out of the woodwork to show his skills ;] ). Also, Pelfrey and Pittman will dominate the boards with their athleticism. In order for Lee to be successful Pelfrey needs to step up and be more agressive inside and take some pressure off Charles. This will be a key. The other 4 on the court need to be a threat to take pressure off #21.

Cackling is a great player with excellent shooting. Defense will be ALL OVER Cack. Hopefully he can shake em off and play his game, But I don't think he has as much behind him as Charles and the Bobcats do. Hoover will be one to watch.

Can't wait to see the first matchup of Lee and Estill in the season. With great players like Charles and Cackling, it should be a GREAT game!!!!

nobody ever gives Estill any credit. Everybody all had Harlen wooping them in football last friday but did that happen? no, it didnt. Everybody is always against Estill and IMO they dont know how good Estill can be. We're always underestimated.
Express Wrote:If you are indeed a true fan of the Engineers - you are a fan of only a few of them that you don't think get the recognition they deserve. If the players you root for step up their game then they too would be discussed on this board. JEALOUSY has no place on a good team and the UGLY HEAD of Jealousy will not lead the rest of the body anywhere.

hm alright.
I guess we'll see how much cack needs the rest of his team whenever the fb team heads to state this year and estill will have three of their starters out for the first district game against Lee huh. But ya know, since hes just the "best ball player ever" im sure he'll be able to handle them all by himself, right? Rolleyes
loves2cheer Wrote:hm alright.
I guess we'll see how much cack needs the rest of his team whenever the fb team heads to state this year and estill will have three of their starters out for the first district game against Lee huh. But ya know, since hes just the "best ball player ever" im sure he'll be able to handle them all by himself, right? Rolleyes

By no means is Cackling the best player ever. He works very hard and has many goals that cannot be reached without his teammates. I know for a fact that all of the basketball players are rooting for the football players to have as much success as possible. If the football team's success comes at the cost of a loss to Lee County, then so be it. I believe that you need to reevaluate if you are a fan of the team or just a player you are close to. Another example of people that should be striving for the same goal tearing each other down. Are you sure you want that train on your avatar? :mad:
if estill beats lee...cack will get all the credit. (with or without the other players)

if estill loses to lee (and football season is still in play) all the blame will go on those football players who couldnt make it.

just stating the obvious.

im not saying cack isnt a good ball player. i am not discouraging him at all. its just that the other boys out there are just as good but they get no credit. there is no I in TEAM. a TEAM wins ballgames. a TEAM wins district championship. and a TEAM wins regional championship. and i think this year, the 08-09 TEAM could very well become 14th Region Champs, but keyword : TEAM...not cack.

good luck boys, you will have a good season ahead of you. ALL of you are great ball players. keep your heads up. let nothing or NO ONE bring you down.

and no. im not changing my avator. i am engineer fan 100%. im just a fan stating their opinion and i KNOW i am not the only one who feels this way. you have your opinions, i have mine. lets just leave it at that.

im out.:rockon:
loves2cheer Wrote:if estill beats lee...cack will get all the credit. (with or without the other players)

if estill loses to lee (and football season is still in play) all the blame will go on those football players who couldnt make it.

just stating the obvious.

im not saying cack isnt a good ball player. i am not discouraging him at all. its just that the other boys out there are just as good but they get no credit. there is no I in TEAM. a TEAM wins ballgames. a TEAM wins district championship. and a TEAM wins regional championship. and i think this year, the 08-09 TEAM could very well become 14th Region Champs, but keyword : TEAM...not cack.

good luck boys, you will have a good season ahead of you. ALL of you are great ball players. keep your heads up. let nothing or NO ONE bring you down.

and no. im not changing my avator. i am engineer fan 100%. im just a fan stating their opinion and i KNOW i am not the only one who feels this way. you have your opinions, i have mine. lets just leave it at that.

im out.:rockon:

This is crazy just more drama that this team doesn't need. It's lose lose for some. You work hard to get better and some recognize it. Others get jealous. It's an age old problem some players strand out more either based on hard work or talent. I can tell you Cackling has earned every accolade he gets just as the rest of the Engineers have. They all work hard and sacrifice. Sometimes an individual gets noticed from a team. How do you think colleges fill their rosters. And I'm sure their are many more GOOD OLE BOYS that feel the same way you do. It's just a shame we can't congratulate a young man for working hard to achieve something. Sad commentary. Sad indeed.
Cackling is as good as any player in the 14th he works hard doing good in the classroom he is a good friend good teammate and not selfist so what else could you ask for from a young man??????????????????????? please get it together and lets have a great year. GO NEERS
Estill co plays Lee Co without there football players this will hurt the frist game they will also play Powell without the football players it will hurt read bad with Lee Co not so bad with Powell. i think Estill and Lee are the cream of the crop this year i think if Baber plays we will match up better with Lee's size Roberts defence will play big for Estill but Lee is big and strong it should be a great match up when they the second game and in the dist,
yes. i think they will go undefeated in the district tourney:letsparty