Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do ya think EC can be "Back 2 Back" District Champs?

and please, no immature posts.
yes.
(1) Estill Co
(2) Lee Co
(3) Owsley Co
(4) Powell Co
thx!
Cackling is the best all around skill's player I have seen in the region, not seen Stamper. Not as fast as Whitaker, but a better shooter, and smoother looking on the court. May not be the shooter Cox is have not seen him in a couple of years, but his skill set is second to none from what I have seen in the region, he, and Charles of Lee Co does not get the credit they deserve. That being said I believe Lee should be the favorite, over Estill by a little.
Lee County will win the 56th district, with Estill County the runner-up. The didtrict seeds so those two won't see one another until the championship game of the district (which is at Estill this year).
Powell lost a lot of good players last year and will be young and rebuilding. Owsley had a pretty good group until Noble decided to go back to Breathitt. Plus size and depth will be a problem for them.
So I see Lee winning it. They have some transfer to go along with some solid returning players. They have too much height for the rest oif the district in my opinion.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Lee County will win the 56th district, with Estill County the runner-up. The didtrict seeds so those two won't see one another until the championship game of the district (which is at Estill this year).
Powell lost a lot of good players last year and will be young and rebuilding. Owsley had a pretty good group until Noble decided to go back to Breathitt. Plus size and depth will be a problem for them.
So I see Lee winning it. They have some transfer to go along with some solid returning players. They have too much height for the rest oif the district in my opinion.

Wow! Can you tell us all who will win the state tournament, NCAA and the NBA title?Rolleyes
Survivor Wrote:Wow! Can you tell us all who will win the state tournament, NCAA and the NBA title?Rolleyes
Why be so sarcastic? :confused:

This is an opinion board. I was only giving an opinion. Obviously Lee County might not win the district championship, but in my opinion with their returning talent and size and the addition of the new players, they will be the odds-on favorites.

So, I gave an opinion on a discussion board, and then gave my reasons why I have that opinion. Isn't that how it's suppose to be done.
I say estill county with the back to back district this year.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why be so sarcastic? :confused:

This is an opinion board. I was only giving an opinion. Obviously Lee County might not win the district championship, but in my opinion with their returning talent and size and the addition of the new players, they will be the odds-on favorites.

So, I gave an opinion on a discussion board, and then gave my reasons why I have that opinion. Isn't that how it's suppose to be done.

Odds on favorite, that sounds more like it.
The Baldwin Wrote:Cackling is the best all around skill's player I have seen in the region, not seen Stamper. Not as fast as Whitaker, but a better shooter, and smoother looking on the court. May not be the shooter Cox is have not seen him in a couple of years, but his skill set is second to none from what I have seen in the region, he, and Charles of Lee Co does not get the credit they deserve. That being said I believe Lee should be the favorite, over Estill by a little.

Are you serious? Stamper and Whitaker could both take Cackling to school and back.
RuffBaller Wrote:Are you serious? Stamper and Whitaker could both take Cackling to school and back.

That's o.k. Cack can drive himself to school, and back in his car.
basketballwizz Wrote:yes.
(1) Estill Co
(2) Lee Co
(3) Owsley Co
(4) Powell Co

Are you serious, Powell lost alot of talent and a great coach, but no way Owsley will Beat those Pirates, and Estill doesn't have anything on Lee, i believe Aaron Charles will handle those Engineers!!!!!!!!!
RuffBaller Wrote:Are you serious? Stamper and Whitaker could both take Cackling to school and back.
Cackling is as good a prospect as either. Cack held Whitaker to 5 for 15 shooting in the region semifinals - the big men were the difference. As for Stamper - seen them in numerous all star and aau's and Cack is the more COMPLETE player - IMO
RuffBaller Wrote:Are you serious, Powell lost alot of talent and a great coach, but no way Owsley will Beat those Pirates, and Estill doesn't have anything on Lee, i believe Aaron Charles will handle those Engineers!!!!!!!!!
Cackling and Charles are both top 5 - 10 in the region. Hoover will surprise this year believe he will solidify his position as a top 10-12 player in the region this year.
Estill has some very talented players on their team but they dont get the credit because everyone focuses on Cackling. Yeah, hes a good ballplayer but so are Hoover, Wiseman, and Roberts. If the other players got the chance to shoot the ball as much as cack then maybe they'd be "talked up" as well.....just imo.
loves2cheer Wrote:Estill has some very talented players on their team but they dont get the credit because everyone focuses on Cackling. Yeah, hes a good ballplayer but so are Hoover, Wiseman, and Roberts. If the other players got the chance to shoot the ball as much as cack then maybe they'd be "talked up" as well.....just imo.
They'll get a chance to shoot the ball this year - because every defender will be focusing on Cack. Cack is a great Ball player and will play in college. That said 1 man does not a team make. All of the above mentioned will have plenty of chances to fill their roles for sure. Hoover has a chance to really shine this year, with wiseman and roberts getting chances as well...the secret will be the rest of the rotation - which is is a real question mark!
loves2cheer Wrote:Estill has some very talented players on their team but they dont get the credit because everyone focuses on Cackling. Yeah, hes a good ballplayer but so are Hoover, Wiseman, and Roberts. If the other players got the chance to shoot the ball as much as cack then maybe they'd be "talked up" as well.....just imo.
A big problem with high school sports is jealousy - I think in most programs the players with the best chance to score shoots. The problem is - no one but the coaches realize the intangibles and recognize (rebounding,defense,passing,screening etc.)
Look for estill to be good again. However, i dont see them beating lee county this year. They are loaded with talent with the new transfers they got. Cackling and Charles are both great players and i cant wait to see them go head to head!
Has the Roberts kid from Estill grown any over the summer? He looked to be about 6'4 or 6'5 last year as a freshman.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Has the Roberts kid from Estill grown any over the summer? He looked to be about 6'4 or 6'5 last year as a freshman.

I don't think he's quite that tall, but he has gained a lot of strength since last year because of weightlifting/football. He's a very good defensive player from what i saw last year and should be an impact player this year.
1) Estill
2) Lee
3) Powell
4) Owsley

Estill wins the district Championship
estill wont win districts. yes i agree cack is a great player but charles out of lee can carry his team more so than cack can with estill. I also think with powells talent that all 3 teams in district can easily win the title.
IMO

1) Lee
2) Estill
3) Owsley
4) Powell

((Owsley and Powell could switch it up at any moment. The only reason i put the owls on top preseason is because of guard Devon Evans. Kids got some talent.))

Now, i don't see Estill beating Lee for the sole fact that I don't think Charles is the only player on this Lee Co. team. He can pass the ball and has some clutch shooters on the wings like Wise and Childers(a small kid who you may have not even heard of before, but will come out of the woodwork to show his skills ;] ). Also, Pelfrey and Pittman will dominate the boards with their athleticism. In order for Lee to be successful Pelfrey needs to step up and be more agressive inside and take some pressure off Charles. This will be a key. The other 4 on the court need to be a threat to take pressure off #21.

Cackling is a great player with excellent shooting. Defense will be ALL OVER Cack. Hopefully he can shake em off and play his game, But I don't think he has as much behind him as Charles and the Bobcats do. Hoover will be one to watch.

Can't wait to see the first matchup of Lee and Estill in the season. With great players like Charles and Cackling, it should be a GREAT game!!!!
Powell may win one district game they may beat Ow..sley in Powell but i see that being there only district win. Lee and Estill will be 3 great games.
basketballwizz Wrote:Powell may win one district game they may beat Ow..sley in Powell but i see that being there only district win. Lee and Estill will be 3 great games.

Early prediction there wizz? Already predicting estill and lee to be in the 56th district title. Lee also thought they was going to be in the district title in 07, but owsley co had something to say about that and im sure both powell and owsley wont let it be a cakewalk for estill and lee.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Early prediction there wizz? Already predicting estill and lee to be in the 56th district title. Lee also thought they was going to be in the district title in 07, but owsley co had something to say about that and im sure both powell and owsley wont let it be a cakewalk for estill and lee.

No matter who wins it, you've got to love the intensity of the rivalries in the 56th district.
thecavemaster Wrote:No matter who wins it, you've got to love the intensity of the rivalries in the 56th district.

Oh i love it!!
3 of the 4 teams in this district are top ten in region so anything can happen
I think lee county has the district wrapped up. And Estill don't mark up powell as a sure win just yet, they may surprise ya
Estill will be good but not the best... They will still have to play every game as if its their last... I think they will have there hands full with Powell as well they are going to be a good team... Its always a good game between Powell an Estill
Pages: 1 2