Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT All Mountain Team
I've saw Elisha Justice play one time....in the Adidas Gatorade All Star game (April 5) at Knott Central. Based on that one game, I would definitely have him as the top point guard in the mountains.

Better than Whittaker imo. Again, based on one game.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Not a stretch at all. Probably a toss-up between the two. I wonder how many people looked for Elisha on the first team, and when they didn't see his name, automatically assumed he was on the second team. The overall selections made by WYMT were way off base.
I totally agree that Elisha is just as good as Whitaker. Elisha also lead his team to the state...AS A FRESHMAN last year and if not mistaken was named 15th Region player of the Year.
ARC Wrote:I've saw Elisha Justice play one time....in the Adidas Gatorade All Star game (April 5) at Knott Central. Based on that one game, I would definitely have him as the top point guard in the mountains.

Better than Whittaker imo. Again, based on one game.
Watching the same game, it looked to me like when Justice was guarding Whittaker, Whittaker was making his passes barely past the half court line to get rid of it where Justice was playing a true point guard role. When Whittaker was in the game and Justice was out, Whittaker was playing a point guard position and driving to the goal and everything. IMO, Whittaker is not the player that Justice is.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I totally agree that Elisha is just as good as Whitaker. Elisha also lead his team to the state...AS A FRESHMAN last year and if not mistaken was named 15th Region player of the Year.

I think he got MVP of the region tourney last year as a freshman, but he didn't get POY, that's for seniors only.
Redneck Wrote:I think he got MVP of the region tourney last year as a freshman, but he didn't get POY, that's for seniors only.
That's right he did get MVP of the 15th Region Tourney. But not to take anything away from Whitaker to say the least, but Justice is right there with him!
Redneck Wrote:I think he got MVP of the region tourney last year as a freshman, but he didn't get POY, that's for seniors only.

Thing is though, if it wasn't for Seniors, Elisha would have won it.
I will agree with several other people on here and say that it is a joke that Elisha Justice is not on at least the All-Mountain second or third team, but to leave him off the Honorable Mention list too? What a load of garbage. Obviously the people making these lists have as much basketball knowledge as a tomato can.

The folks at WYMT really make themselves lose all credibility when a player widely regarded as the second-best player in the 15th region isn't even listed among the best mountain players.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I will agree with several other people on here and say that it is a joke that Elisha Justice is not on at least the All-Mountain second or third team, but to leave him off the Honorable Mention list too? What a load of garbage. Obviously the people making these lists have as much basketball knowledge as a tomato can.

The folks at WYMT really make themselves lose all credibility when a player widely regarded as the second-best player in the 15th region isn't even listed among the best mountain players.
I know what ya mean. Cox missed like 5 games this year and didnt do much but he made 2nd team. :confused:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Thing is though, if it wasn't for Seniors, Elisha would have won it.

Doubt that...

Landon Slone, Jamie Case, Jamie McCarty, etc. would have been ahead of him...Dont get me wrong, Elisha is a good player, but in no way was he the player of the year in the region last year or this year... With that said, the next two seasons, Elisha could very well be the best in the region...
PC_You_Know Wrote:Thing is though, if it wasn't for Seniors, Elisha would have won it.

Are you serious? With the numbers Jamie Case put up last year, nobody else would have won it.
East Ridge didn't have nobody mentioned due to the sorry Athletic Director at the school not passing on the info to the girls and boys head coaches. This is really a shame, because these kids work their butts off in the classroom and on the basketball courts and an athletic director is to sorry to do his job. I guess is just worried about his paycheck. We had a Sophomore girl (Brittany Swindell) who has a 4.0 GPA and is #1 in her class, she averaged 18ppg and 10 rpg and was WYMT TV player of the week and she isn'r even mentioned. Anothe girl who is a Freshman (Holly McCarty) who averaged 10 PPG and 5 apg. This is really a shame when kids don't get noticed, because an adult doesn't do their job. Come on people!!!!
ERblue4ever Wrote:East Ridge didn't have nobody mentioned due to the sorry Athletic Director at the school not passing on the info to the girls and boys head coaches. This is really a shame, because these kids work their butts off in the classroom and on the basketball courts and an athletic director is to sorry to do his job. I guess is just worried about his paycheck. We had a Sophomore girl (Brittany Swindell) who has a 4.0 GPA and is #1 in her class, she averaged 18ppg and 10 rpg and was WYMT TV player of the week and she isn'r even mentioned. Anothe girl who is a Freshman (Holly McCarty) who averaged 10 PPG and 5 apg. This is really a shame when kids don't get noticed, because an adult doesn't do their job. Come on people!!!!
Both of these girls were on the Girls honorable mention list.
RavenBoy Wrote:Stepp is 10 times better ball player than Cox. Cox can just shoot better.

Maybe You Should go apply for the jbs coaching job...you seem like a good fit..just like all there other coaches
I wonder about the way they chose who was going to be on what team. Do they think if they put a player on the "All Mountain Defensive" team that they shouldnt be on any other list? That might explain why E. Justice isnt on any other team as well as other players that IMO should have made the honorable mention team for their regions.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, you for one know I'm not your PAL. And you knew what I meant. Heaven forbid anyone thinks that someone is better than a Stepp.Rolleyes

I knew what you meant haha ..stepp takes a shot everytime he touches the ball, Cox's is a lot better.
RavenBoy Wrote:I know what ya mean. Cox missed like 5 games this year and didnt do much but he made 2nd team. :confused:
Justice should have made the 1 st or 2nd team, but that don't have anything to do with Cox. He was MVP of the WYMT and won the Whitaker Bank Shot before he was injured, well he finished the game after he was hurt. He had to sit out 6 games and shouldn't have went back then. He won [player of the game in Clay Co. Justice handeled Whitaker pretty good. I guess the North beat the South by 17. That was SV and KCC.