•  Previous
  • 11(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Pikeville 2024
(08-14-2024, 10:52 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Im changing my prediction from corbin winning a close game to corbin winning between 14-21. Im think some where along the lines of 21-7 maybe 35-14 corbin.

Makes me feel better about Pikeville's chances
(08-14-2024, 10:52 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Im changing my prediction from corbin winning a close game to corbin winning between 14-21. Im think some where along the lines of 21-7 maybe 35-14 corbin.
I disagree but what made you more confident in Corbin or less in Pikeville?
I think Pikeville has a better chance than that. I know Corbin has the players, but a new coach and new system…could be a learning curve and let’s not forget Pikeville has Anthony and a slew of others. To me this one mirrors the Raceland v Ashland game. The larger school should win, but to count out the 1A schools isn’t something that I would do. I’d put Corbin at a 7-10 point favorite.
Final : Pikeville 24 Corbin 21 The Panthers Win the game on a FG from their brand new transfer kicker.
(08-14-2024, 02:53 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I think Pikeville has a better chance than that. I know Corbin has the players, but a new coach and new system…could be a learning curve and let’s not forget Pikeville has Anthony and a slew of others. To me this one mirrors the Raceland v Ashland game. The larger school should win, but to count out the 1A schools isn’t something that I would do. I’d put Corbin at a 7-10 point favorite.

Comparable most years but not next week. Pikeviile is 28 points better than Raceland this year and may be a running clock even at Raceland.
(08-14-2024, 02:05 PM)Belichick Wrote:

I think without boykins their to help anthony open up the run game and corbins defensive line being so good Pikeville’s center and gaurds will be in Anthonys lap almost all game.  On the other side of the ball i think with the loss of jeb wilkerson, sam wright, and Boykins that hurts Pikeville’s pass defense and will lead to meadows and pietrowski having a huge game along with Elam at QB.
(08-15-2024, 09:25 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(08-14-2024, 02:05 PM)Belichick Wrote:

I think without boykins their to help anthony open up the run game and corbins defensive line being so good Pikeville’s center and gaurds will be in Anthonys lap almost all game.  On the other side of the ball i think with the loss of jeb wilkerson, sam wright, and Boykins that hurts Pikeville’s pass defense and will lead to meadows and pietrowski having a huge game along with Elam at QB.

So Corbin didn't lose any players that will hurt them, only Pikeville?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Fanatic42
I agree with Pikeville being better than Raceland this year and that’s probably not an unfair assessment of their game. But apples to apples I would probably put Corbin at that much better than Ashland as well. Ashland lost their best RB to a tragic car accident (he is still in recovery but doing well from what I hear, btw) and two or theee catalyst to their OL. That was the comparison I was drawing from.
(08-15-2024, 11:12 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I agree with Pikeville being better than Raceland this year and that’s probably not an unfair assessment of their game. But apples to apples I would probably put Corbin at that much better than Ashland as well. Ashland lost their best RB to a tragic car accident (he is still in recovery but doing well from what I hear, btw) and two or theee catalyst to their OL. That was the comparison I was drawing from.

I can't get any Raceland fans to bite on the trolling but it's early lol. Raceland will be in the hunt for the title again IMO. I hope you guys beat Ashland.

Also, Corbin lost their top RB and a few others on offense and pretty much their entire defense. Still tons of talent though and they hit the portal harder than Mark Stoops. Should be a great game next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
Pikeville HS Panther Football
@PikevilleHSFB
·
3m
Pikeville 18 Martin County 0 After 1 Qtr of play from Floyd Central. The Panthers will now play a quarter against Floyd Central.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, Westside
Pikeville beats Martin Co 32-7 in 2 quarters and Floyd Central 32-0 in 2 quarters.

Very bad news for Class A not just for this year but beyond. Not because Pikeville easily handled 2 teams they were supposed to easily handle, but because 58 of the 64 points were scored by players 99% of people have never heard of yet.
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Fanatic42, The 99
(08-16-2024, 11:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville beats Martin Co 32-7 in 2 quarters and Floyd Central 32-0 in 2 quarters.

Very bad news for Class A not just for this year but beyond. Not because Pikeville easily handled 2 teams they were supposed to easily handle, but because 58 of the 64 points were scored by players 99% of people have never heard of yet.
Panthers looking great right on down the line jp Great news for the Panthers but not so good for the rest of Class A. Those numbers you gave are eye opening!
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42, jetpilot
(08-16-2024, 11:42 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 11:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville beats Martin Co 32-7 in 2 quarters and Floyd Central 32-0 in 2 quarters.

Panthers looking great right on down the line jp Great news for the Panthers but not so good for the rest of Class A. Those numbers you gave are eye opening!
The 2nd quarter was only 14-7 against pikevilles starting d. Martin finally woke up a lil bit in that quarter
(08-16-2024, 11:59 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote:

The 2nd quarter was only 14-7 against pikevilles starting d. Martin finally woke up a lil bit in that quarter
Pikeville 32-7 in 2 quarters. Would be a running clock before halftime in a real game with the young guys getting a lot of reps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(08-16-2024, 11:59 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote:

Fantasy land. Did you actually watch? The Pikeville staff is about as classy as you'll find. They aren’t going to come into a scrimmage and beat a team by 50 if they ever hope to scrimmage again in the future. Pikeville already can’t find games. I agree with JP. Running clock 2nd quarter and would make it look easy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot
All of Ironton coaches at the raceland Wheelersburg scrimmage tonight. They said they were going to roll Pikeville. Now I’m not a Pikeville putty tat fan by any stretch but I hope they murder Ironton. Right across the river and they won’t play us
[-] The following 2 users Like RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
LOL RAD! Does Ironton travel well? How many Ironton fans do you think can swim the river and hitchhike or climb on top of a rail car and make it to the game at Pikeville?
Just about all of the Ohio teams travel well. If they are having a good year it will be a packed house in Pikeville. I would love to see the game but we play at home against Hazard that night.

Coach over there thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are nowhere near the Ironton of old. The Ironton of old ran the old 1950’s t formation . It was like novacane. It eventually took effect. The old Ironton was putting running clocks on the 2003 and 2004 belfry championship teams.
(08-17-2024, 01:23 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Just about all of the Ohio teams travel well. If they are having a good year it will be a packed house in Pikeville. I would love to see the game but we play at home against Hazard that night.

All kidding aside I expect Ironton to bring a lot of fans. Packed house without a doubt with lots of neutral fans coming to watch as well.
(08-17-2024, 01:23 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Just about all of the Ohio teams travel well. If they are having a good year it will be a packed house in Pikeville. I would love to see the game but we play at home against Hazard that night.

Coach over there thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are nowhere near the Ironton of old. The Ironton of old ran the old 1950’s t formation . It was like novacane. It eventually took effect.  The old Ironton was putting running clocks on the 2003 and 2004 belfry championship teams.

I agree with that but they are still very good. Would have been ranked in Top 20 overall in KY in all classes last year per Calpreps.
Ironton thinks THEY are Ohio football. They had about 20 kids there as well as the coaches. The players sat right in front of us. Talked crap about KY football the whole time. I talked to one of them and he said Pikeville tried to back out of the game, which I know isnt the case….. I hope Pikeville hangs 50 on them.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArmChairHC's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
(08-17-2024, 08:07 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Ironton thinks THEY are Ohio football. They had about 20 kids there as well as the coaches. The players sat right in front of us. Talked crap about KY football the whole time. I talked to one of them and he said Pikeville tried to back out of the game, which I know isnt the case….. I hope Pikeville hangs 50 on them.
Ironton brought their JV team to Pikeville last year because supposedly no one would play them up there. They left holding an L.  If there’s one thing their schedule shows over the years, Pikeville will play about anyone. Ironton may beat Pikeville, may beat them badly, but Pikeville won’t be afraid.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
If Ironton comes into Hambly complex over confident, I don't think that would bold well for Ironton.
Surely no one in Ironton thinks Pikeville is scared of them lol
Ironton could play an all star team of the Steel Curtain and purple people eater defenses and the greatest show on turf with Tom Brady at QB and they would still think they are the favorite and whoever they play will lay down. A big topic of conversation is there D1 recruits. Well…what have they accomplished with said recruits? No more than what Raceland has with their non-D1 recruits. Got their asses kicked by better teams in title games. I love my rams but I call it like I see it. As for the Itown Pville match up I hope Ironton loses by 60 and gets a flat tire on the way home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Belichick
^^^LOL!
PROJECT A MATCHUP

regular season (neutral field)
[2024] Ironton (OH) 28 (81%), [2024] Pikeville (KY) 14 (19%)

I will take Pikeville +14 for a thousand Alex
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)