Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County @ Scott 11-2
Number 1 will say this, the team I am apart of in the JFL has a great group of parents, they are supportive and let us coach, but we welcome conversation at all times while off the field. Number 2, I am well aware that our area coaches can do it without anything I have to say, that's why they have the title of HC at their respective schools. Number 3, If our area coaches are indeed getting on here to read what a bunch of has been armchair QBs have to say, in order to develop a game plan each week, then they need to reevaluate their priorities as a coach. This site is a damn discussion board. What's the point in having the site or getting on here if we arent voicing our opinions. Pulling for GC to win this one. Would love to see all of the county schools represented in all possible classes in the semis, at the very least. As irrational as they may sound to most. Stranger things have happened.
Once again Thank You for your wisdom. Conversation is wrong thing but you have put down players and coaches from all area.. Don't puff out your chest because I doubt any area HC coach is reading what you post..
Your very welcome. And I'm not puffing my chest out over anything, I cant even get it past my gut these days anyway lol. And I certainly hope they arent.
PM me if u wanna chat more, not bein a douche bud, but Back to the topic at hand, this shits gone on long enough and eventually the powers that be will shut this thread down due to off topic. Which it has drastically strayed from. Anyone on here have any info on Scott outside of the KHSAA has to offer? Anyone seen them play?
From what I have seen of Scott on film they look very young. They have a couple of explosive players. They seem to be a pretty balance offense as well. They do not have a very good run game compared to what Greenup has faced all season. If Greenup doesn't come out flat this could potentially be a blow out.
Bama-Cat Wrote:From what I have seen of Scott on film they look very young. They have a couple of explosive players. They seem to be a pretty balance offense as well. They do not have a very good run game compared to what Greenup has faced all season. If Greenup doesn't come out flat this could potentially be a blow out.

So Scott is gonna blow GC out ??? Hahahah
RAMDAD50 Wrote:So Scott is gonna blow GC out ??? Hahahah

It could be possible I guess. But I was saying Greenup could possibly blow them out.
Didn't Scott beat Ashland in 2015? 28-18 I think.
Anything is possible Friday at home. Musketeers better be ready.
GC 28

Scott 21
Slic Ric Wrote:Didn't Scott beat Ashland in 2015? 28-18 I think.
Anything is possible Friday at home. Musketeers better be ready.

Best I can tell, that was a very strong year for Scott. They beat Ashland 28-18 and only lost to JC in the semis by a single point. Since then they have been a solid team but nothing like that one. Now that being said, none of the Greenup County schools have an amazing track record in northern or central Ky in the playoffs. But, I still think Greenup will come out fired up this week and get the win.
But rest assured, Scott is not Boyd Co.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Another question for me about this GC squad is who shows up? Against Russell, they came out hot, flew to the football on defense and their fronts on both sides of the ball were aggressive and stuck with it. Fast foward to the Raceland game and they looked flat from the jump. Fast foward again to LC and they were flat again. They came out amped up and ready to play against Ashland. As soon as Ashland put a two score lead on them, they completely changed and looked whipped already. Imo, that's not a coaching issue. That's on the players. Call me what u will, get upset, idc. And I'm not bashing and not singling out an individual, just making an observation. But when things are rolling for the muskies, they look great. When adversity hits, they dont seem to respond.

I agree once again with you Scotty. This GC team shows flashes of being very good and explosive and then other times they seem very passive and defeated. I think this game comes down to which GC team shows up. If they have a nice balanced offense this team can throw up some points. The only thing is can the D stop Scott from putting up the points as well. GCs D has to make adjustments throughout the game and not rely on just what they saw on film. In game adjustments can win close games but being stubborn and not changing can lose you close games. Two things that helps GC tonight is, it looks like it will be a dry night in Nothern KY, which is great for GC passing offense. Second thing is, GC has had two weeks to prepare for this game. I give a slight edge to GC still but I say they win a close one.

GC - 28
Scott- 21
Greenup 35
Scott 28