Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 players and top 5 teams in the 15th region next year(07'08)??
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Stats are not what matters, he was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER...he plays the best defense in the region, goes after every loose ball, you can't tell me that when they played against each other Bell was the better player, Bell and Harmon went to Pikeville cause the knew they wouldn't play at Valley, Bell can not make a case for MVP.

i dont know about bell, but id say harmon wanted to play on a good football and baseball team, those are his best sports.
I agree with you that Elisha is a very good player. He is the best true point guard in the region. But it is still the same thing, the MVP comes off the championship team over 95% of the time. Bell will get in and fight for rebounds, dive on the floor if needed. Also he will sacrifice his body to get the ball or make a shot. The comment about Bell being to short, how can it be explained that he was one of the tourney leaders in rebounds?

As far as Harmon goes, he would play on any team he wanted to play on. He is a heck of a player.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I agree Harmon would start on anyteam in the region and be the #1 option on any team but Valley or Paintsville.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I agree with you that Elisha is a very good player. He is the best true point guard in the region. But it is still the same thing, the MVP comes off the championship team over 95% of the time. Bell will get in and fight for rebounds, dive on the floor if needed. Also he will sacrifice his body to get the ball or make a shot. The comment about Bell being to short, how can it be explained that he was one of the tourney leaders in rebounds?

As far as Harmon goes, he would play on any team he wanted to play on. He is a heck of a player.

Hmm.. Elisha, Elisha, and more Elisha, and he plays the best D in the region, no reason Bell even had a shot at the mvp. I'd say during the season, Elisha led the team in rebounds during some games.
So are you saying he would have won it even if Pikeville would have won? Also, the tourney teams and MVP's doesnt have anything to do with how they played in the regular season. Bell was in the top of the tourney in steals, scoring, rebounds and assist. Not to mention the other stat of getting bloody noses too.

You said he come to Pikeville to play basketball, wrong again. He came here for a different sport that he will get a free college education playing.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
valley plays killer d and it got them killed in the SWEET 16
thepharmacist Wrote:valley plays killer d and it got them killed in the SWEET 16

If the regional finals would have been called like their game in Rupp, Pikeville would have been regional champs. Valley is the slappingest, hackingest team I have ever seen. Sometimes the refs will allow it, sometimes they won't. Valley will live and die by that D.
jetpilot Wrote:If the regional finals would have been called like their game in Rupp, Pikeville would have been regional champs. Valley is the slappingest, hackingest team I have ever seen. Sometimes the refs will allow it, sometimes they won't. Valley will live and die by that D.

If the regional finals had been called the same way as the game in Rupp, then that game would possibly have been the biggest joke in the history of the regional tourney. The referees should not be the most visible part of a game, they should be in the background, barely noticable.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thepharmacist Wrote:valley plays killer d and it got them killed in the SWEET 16

At least they can say they were there though unlike every other team in the 15th. :thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The biggest part of Valleys defense is the back slaps. They try those to get steals to make their layups. Sometimes they get called, sometimes they dont. More often than not, they are fouls. If that is the calls that was made in the state tourney then maybe it wasnt such a bad called game.

Alfus, I dont remember anyone saying they didnt make it to the state tourney.
yeah i agree
Charlie Hunt and Dillion Stiltner i think that is his name.
I don't remember Stiltner that well.
My players would be:

1.) Elisha Justice- SV
2.) Landon Slone- P-ville
3.) Jacob Bryant- SV
4.) Matt Clevinger- Pikeville
5.) Ashley Hatfield-SV
6.) Daniel Harmon- Pikeville
7.) JD Vanhoose-P-ville
8.) Tyler Hamilton- PC
9.) Jared Newman- BL
10.) Josh Prater-AC

My teams would be:

1.) Shelby Valley
2.) Paintsville
3.) Pikeville
4.) Betsy Layne
5.) Phelps
i agree... ttly
Moe Wrote:I'm not a person who usually start these rating threads but I was wanting to see what everyone thought about the top teams and players going into next season now that the 15th regional tournament is over...thanks

Players:
1.Landon Slone-Paintsville
2.Elisha Justice-Shelby Valley
3.Daniel Harmon-Pikeville
4.Ashley Hatifield-Shelby Valley
5.Shane Grimm-Paintsville
6.JD Vanhoose-Paintsville
7.Logan Bryant-Shelby Valley
8.Charlie Hunt-Phelps
9.Jared Newman-Betsy Layne
10.Devan Adams-Pikeville

Teams:
1.Shelby Valley
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Allen Central
5.Phelps

That looks pretty good!
maybe even jordan bell-pikeville
May want to add Dustin May of Belfry...solid junior year...will be expected to do big things for the Pirates next year.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:My players would be:

1.) Elisha Justice- SV
3.) Jacob Bryant- SV
5.) Ashley Hatfield-SV
7.) JD Vanhoose-P-ville
8.) Tyler Hamilton- PC
9.) Jared Newman- BL
10.) Josh Prater-AC

My teams would be:

1.) Shelby Valley
2.) Paintsville
3.) Pikeville
4.) Betsy Layne
5.) Phelps

That looks good to me :Thumbs:
Pikeville might be a little high at #3 they do not use the big man like they should and from what i am hearing the want to play a faster pace like valley and plan on starting 5 smalls next season and bring adams off the bench.
Should be another tough season in the 15th.
If Bell and Harmon would have came to Valley then that would been a pretty dandy team
No, Bell and Harmon are better off at Pikeville. They wouldn't be starting at Valley, Booher started building for the future this past season and the only person that Bell or Harmon could have started over was Taylor Newsome, and he didn't start that many times because Kyle Goodson actually played in some games. So them 2 are better off being the stars at Pikeville.
meganwillis10 Wrote:Pikeville might be a little high at #3 they do not use the big man like they should and from what i am hearing the want to play a faster pace like valley and plan on starting 5 smalls next season and bring adams off the bench.

That isnt going to happen. But also in reality, it isnt the best 5 that starts a game, it is the ones in at the end of a game that is more important.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:My players would be:

1.) Elisha Justice- SV
3.) Jacob Bryant- SV
5.) Ashley Hatfield-SV
7.) JD Vanhoose-P-ville
8.) Tyler Hamilton- PC
9.) Jared Newman- BL
10.) Josh Prater-AC

My teams would be:

1.) Shelby Valley
2.) Paintsville
3.) Pikeville
4.) Betsy Layne
5.) Phelps
Looks good
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Stats are not what matters, he was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER...he plays the best defense in the region, goes after every loose ball, you can't tell me that when they played against each other Bell was the better player, Bell and Harmon went to Pikeville cause the knew they wouldn't play at Valley, Bell can not make a case for MVP.

i agree stats are not everything! and i also agree that justice was the most valuable player! but in my opinion harmon and bell could both play for valley!