Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 14th Region for next season
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know, that is what I was saying all along, JBS tells parents if their kids goes to high school there they get free college at ALC. The two basketball players that graduated might not have gotten a basketball scholarship, but they still had the chance to attend ACL free of charge because they went to JBS, isnt that right? That is one of their recruiting tools that they use, but it is allowed with the KHSAA because it is offered to all students, not just athletes. But it is a recruiting tool all the same.

The starting five at JBS next year started there in 1st grade or less(some started in diapers more or less) .
timeout Wrote:NOBODY has ever tried to work with Collins. They just want him to block and rebound. . They will do the scoring. Tennis is not the problem!!! He enjoys tennis. And don't worry about where my head is. I have enough sence not to stick it where it will get punched.
Just like Extra Strength asked you before--"When were you in the gym to know whether or not Collins has or was ever worked with?" Why don't you answer the question?
watchinthegame Wrote:I would like to see extra strength be brasen enough to give his name. I think most everybody know who he is and who he is related 2.
Well, I know who Extra Strength is and I know who he isn't related to. There's way more JBS fans out there than you know of--I guess you didn't make it to the state tournament and see the sea of blue with their 14th Region Championship shirts on. Oh, and I don't see you on here telling what your name is, either.
Driven Wrote:Well, I know who Extra Strength is and I know who he isn't related to. There's way more JBS fans out there than you know of--I guess you didn't make it to the state tournament and see the sea of blue with their 14th Region Championship shirts on. Oh, and I don't see you on here telling what your name is, either.

Let me tell you about me then, I am from Knott county. I was born and raised. I attended Knott county Central and graduated there, which makes me know most of the JBS students parents personally. I work in and live in Hazard now and I have family ties that have bound me to ALC, unfortuately. I have been a Hazard High School fan for the last 4 yrs and before that a KCC fan. I no longer really care about hs basketball b/c now I get watch college basketball at the expo. I know much about Knott co. politics and how things are run esp with the elite JBS crew. I also know that leadership U pays the advertising for sports overtime from WYMT. I am not a kid and you people are really insignificant to me. I have raised a basketball athelete. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me.
Driven Wrote:Well, I know who Extra Strength is and I know who he isn't related to. There's way more JBS fans out there than you know of--I guess you didn't make it to the state tournament and see the sea of blue with their 14th Region Championship shirts on. Oh, and I don't see you on here telling what your name is, either.

Well, I dont know who extra strength is, or you either one, but I have a feeling it may come out. I just wonder if it is ALC's policy to allow anyone to come in to their college and do research on their former students to get info to post on the web in a public forum. Something tells me that against the law.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Driven Wrote:Just like Extra Strength asked you before--"When were you in the gym to know whether or not Collins has or was ever worked with?" Why don't you answer the question?
Do you think Collins don't know whether or not he was paid any attention to . You don't have to be in the gym to know that. I know the boys and their story. The story goes that Collins didn't get worked with,TRUE STORY.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Well, I dont know who extra strength is, or you either one, but I have a feeling it may come out. I just wonder if it is ALC's policy to allow anyone to come in to their college and do research on their former students to get info to post on the web in a public forum. Something tells me that against the law.
He is now known as Driven
Extra Strength, you really need to turn your pm's on. I have one I would love to tell you about. It is what Mrs. Thornsbury over at ALC advised me to do concerning a FERPA violation.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Extra Strength, you really need to turn your pm's on. I have one I would love to tell you about. It is what Mrs. Thornsbury over at ALC advised me to do concerning a FERPA violation.
What? Look, you're the one who volunteered your name, where you live, that you have a son in high school who obviously plays ball in Pike County. All I had to do was ask the right people the right questions. Everyone in Wheelwright knows you.
timeout Wrote:Do you think Collins don't know whether or not he was paid any attention to . You don't have to be in the gym to know that. I know the boys and their story. The story goes that Collins didn't get worked with,TRUE STORY.
I still don't think you've answered the question. When were you in the gym to know whether or not he was worked with? Just answer it.
watchinthegame Wrote:Let me tell you about me then, I am from Knott county. I was born and raised. I attended Knott county Central and graduated there, which makes me know most of the JBS students parents personally. I work in and live in Hazard now and I have family ties that have bound me to ALC, unfortuately. I have been a Hazard High School fan for the last 4 yrs and before that a KCC fan. I no longer really care about hs basketball b/c now I get watch college basketball at the expo. I know much about Knott co. politics and how things are run esp with the elite JBS crew. I also know that leadership U pays the advertising for sports overtime from WYMT. I am not a kid and you people are really insignificant to me. I have raised a basketball athelete. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me.
And you are also a big Jenkins fan, right? Seems like you get around and know something about everything. For someone who no longer cares about high school basketball, you sure are on here putting your two cents worth in an awful lot.
The statement considering your acedemics is private, and if he was allowed to see your grades or other documents someone is in the wrong, and Extra Strength used it. Since Extra strength won.t ID himself contact the mods and if illegal activity occured his ID will be given to the proper authorites. Everyone can probaly guess his name.
Extra Strength Wrote:What? Look, you're the one who volunteered your name, where you live, that you have a son in high school who obviously plays ball in Pike County. All I had to do was ask the right people the right questions. Everyone in Wheelwright knows you.

I guess you are right as always. But I still think it is easy to hide behind a user name on the net. At least while you can. Lets just hope you can prove all you have said in the last two days.
Extra Strength Wrote:I still don't think you've answered the question. When were you in the gym to know whether or not he was worked with? Just answer it.
So I take it you were in the gym then????
Extra Strength Wrote:I still don't think you've answered the question. When were you in the gym to know whether or not he was worked with? Just answer it.
I know he was never worked with as a big man. I didn't have to be in the gym. I know that Stepp was said to be the #1 point guard in the state everyday over and over and over to the other players but I wasn't in the gym. It is just sort of a joke thing with every body. Collins ]6'9" setting screens for a point guard.] Is that what you call working with a big man? It takes a big man to work with a big man and you don't have one.
It shows in a game that he has not been worked with and if he has I think that the Stepps should Stepp down.
1) june buchanon
2) knott central
3) perry central
4) buckhorn
5) breathitt
6) estill
7) powell
8) hazard
9) letcher central
10) lee
11) cordia
12) leslie
13) jenkins
14) jackson city
15) owsley
16) wolfe
17) riverside christian
tough to call this early,
Does anyone know how many seniors Jackson City had???
Jackson City had 5 seniors - Dustin Kilburn, Michael Watkins, Zach Luck, Lee Watts and Jackie Clemons
uk96 Wrote:The starting five at JBS next year started there in 1st grade or less(some started in diapers more or less) .

Name who you think will start. Hall must not be a starter for next year. He started JBS his Fr. year.
Extra Strength Wrote:Well, Marty, I did a little research on you. It seems you know so much about ALC because you went there yourself, and yes, on a basketball scholarship, but didn't finish up at ALC because of academic reasons. And claiming that JBS offers all their 7th grade-senior basketball players a free ride to ALC is the way they get them to go there--well, let me clarify this for you--anybody that plays basketball or goes to school in the Appalachian region can get a free ride to ALC, if they are smart enough to get in and qualify for full financial aid. Don't act like you were told something you didn't already know. If you went to ALC before, you knew who could go there and get what financially. This isn't just told to kids at JBS, but kids at every high school in Appalachia that ALC gets their students from. And, yes, anyone who graduates from ALC and qualifies, helps get their education paid for further. But, again, this is told to every kid that's interested in coming to ALC, from any high school in Appalachia. And several JBS players' parents went to ALC, so they know that that's nothing special. The facts are this: the only kids getting free-rides to play basketball in high school are the kids playing in public schools who are getting their education paid for by the taxpayers--people with JOBS.

Do What? You said that "anyone that plays basketball or goes to school in the Appalachian region get in and qualify for full financial aid." Then why does ALC give scholarships if it's a free ride anyway. So if my parents make $200,000 A YEAR I can get financial aid?
Just because they won region doesnt mean they should be #1...buckhorn whom is just losing 1 of their main players in Rice are recieving 2 transfers wh played alot @ PCC

Tailback44 Wrote:1.June Buchanan-Region Champs
2.Knott Co Central
3.Breathitt Co
4.Hazard
5.Buckhorn
6.Perry Central
7.Jenkins
8.Letcher
9.Powell
10.Cordia
1) june buchanon
2) knott central
3) hazard
4) powell
5) buckhorn
6) breathitt
7) estill
8) perry central
9) lee
10) letcher central
11) owsley
12) leslie
13) jenkins
14) jackson city
15)cordia
16) wolfe
17) riverside christian
all_region_player Wrote:Just because they won region doesnt mean they should be #1

then why does your list above me listed at #1??