Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington @ Belfry (PCB) 8/24/18
Huntington continues to knock Belfry line 5 yds off the ball when it's snapped.
Man what little I’ve watched, HHS Oline is is freaking dominant or belfrys Dline isn’t that great. Maybe a little of both? I dunno? I remember some of belfrys fans saying preseason they had worries about their line play. But either way HHS front is HUGE. belfry does look like they have some great linebackers. The running back is going by the Dline like it’s nothing but belfrys LB’s are shedding blocks and getting to the ball. That’s a good sign for them this early in the year
Curious for those who know, does belfry Run the 3-4 defense and have they always? Or is it a variant of the 4-4??
can I watch the game online?
Belfry down by 8 with 2:41 left
BCHSrebs Wrote:can I watch the game online?

Yep. It’s on wymt. The link is on the top of the 2nd page
Huntington is dominating the line of scrimmage but Belfry is hanging around.
Huntington - 17
Belfry - 9

Final
Westside Wrote:OK, 99 has made a post. Where is 55?

If your talking about this 55, I had to miss the game and had no internet. Been in White Sands, NM for the past month training up for an upcoming deployment back overseas. Hated missing my sons first game as a junior but had no choice. As far as my thoughts on the game, I think losing to one of, if not the best team in WV by one score is a huge win for the Pirates. This Huntington team reminded me of the team we had in 2016 with all the D-1 talent like Cole Bentley, Horton, Big Austin Dotson, and Hunter. HHS was just better. Plus having our starting QB out (and this is not an excuse) hurt us a little also. I think with the starting QB in, the offense runs better but we still lose. Thought our defense really stepped up and did everything they could but was just outmatched. All in all, I think Belfry did what they could do against a superior team. You cant play a team like HHS and turn the ball over as much as Belfry did and win either. But this was the perfect game for the young Pirates to start the season off with. A massive, star studded, physical team only will prepare us for the rest of the season. Cant wait for Friday night to see if the Pirates can get back on track against Bryan Station at home. Good Luck to all the teams out there this year on successful and healthy seasons. On a side note, I've been really impressed with Boyle County, Corbin, and Central on their early season success! Any three of these teams can win the 3A championship this year. And if Belfry is going to be in the same league as these 3, they have some work to do but I think we can get there. Should be a fun season of 3A football.
#55PirateFan Wrote:If your talking about this 55, I had to miss the game and had no internet. Been in White Sands, NM for the past month training up for an upcoming deployment back overseas. Hated missing my sons first game as a junior but had no choice. As far as my thoughts on the game, I think losing to one of, if not the best team in WV by one score is a huge win for the Pirates. This Huntington team reminded me of the team we had in 2016 with all the D-1 talent like Cole Bentley, Horton, Big Austin Dotson, and Hunter. HHS was just better. Plus having our starting QB out (and this is not an excuse) hurt us a little also. I think with the starting QB in, the offense runs better but we still lose. Thought our defense really stepped up and did everything they could but was just outmatched. All in all, I think Belfry did what they could do against a superior team. You cant play a team like HHS and turn the ball over as much as Belfry did and win either. But this was the perfect game for the young Pirates to start the season off with. A massive, star studded, physical team only will prepare us for the rest of the season. Cant wait for Friday night to see if the Pirates can get back on track against Bryan Station at home. Good Luck to all the teams out there this year on successful and healthy seasons. On a side note, I've been really impressed with Boyle County, Corbin, and Central on their early season success! Any three of these teams can win the 3A championship this year. And if Belfry is going to be in the same league as these 3, they have some work to do but I think we can get there. Should be a fun season of 3A football.

Yes, you were the one and only 55 I was speaking of. I sent you a p.m.
Westside Wrote:Yes, you were the one and only 55 I was speaking of. I sent you a p.m.

I got your PM. I sent you a reply but it's not showing it sent. Let me know if you got it. And thanks my friend for the kind words. First class!
Yes, sir, I got it.