Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington @ Belfry (PCB) 8/24/18
Season opener for the Pirates in the Pike County Bowl!

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don’t know anything about highlanders. Belfry is tough at home, but Highlanders will have abundance of talent.
Huntington wins this one Belfry going to be a late bloomer like classic belfry this year
Looking forward to watching Darnell Wright for Huntington, the top ranked OLineman in the country who is an absolute beast.
Pulling for Belfry!! But this will be a tough one for them to win.
Wright and Tim Couch are the two highest rated national recruits BHS has played against unkess my memory is just wrong. If anyone knows anyone ranked higher than these two let us know.
bucslover68 Wrote:Wright and Tim Couch are the two highest rated national recruits BHS has played against unkess my memory is just wrong. If anyone knows anyone ranked higher than these two let us know.

I don't know much about the rankings in the mid 90s but Couch was a top 5 national recruit regardless, maybe number 1 overall and Wright is a consensus top 5 recruit in the nation so I'm gonna guess you are correct lol. Shawn Alexander might have been a top 5 nationally ranked recruit when he was at Boone County but I don't know if Belfry faced him or not.
This will be a slobber knocker on both sides of the ball. Like was said before Belfry will be Belfry and get better each game and be ready for the playoffs, hope for injury free game and will be pulling for the Pirates
Hopefully this year if Belfry gets the big lead,they can hang on...Is Wymt Showing it and what time?
Belfry by 7.
If belfrys offensive line can give #32 a hole to run through they win this game. That kid is lightning fast.
this game will depend upon Belfry's front line and linebackers on def. Huntington's line is big and experienced. if they can't, will be high scoring game and who doesn't make the most turnovers will win this one
king360 Wrote:If belfrys offensive line can give #32 a hole to run through they win this game. That kid is lightning fast.

He is lightning fast no doubt.

This is an extremely difficult opener for this Belfry squad. Huntington is loaded with talent and depth. Belfry is already nursing some unfortunate injuries, that at least on the surface would appear to shift the tide of the game more towards Huntington. I’ve said from the get go....Belfry has to avoid the injury bug. There’s not a tremendous amount of depth on his team. At least not right now. That may change as the season unfolds.

Defensive line and secondary will be tested mightily. IMO, LB’s will be fine....especially if we can keep the OL from crashing out to that level.

Belfry will put up a valiant fight.... but I believe Huntington takes control of the game by mid way thru 3rd qtr.
Anyway I know nothing about Huntington so I'm picking Belfry and hoping and praying to see them in Corbin in the semi-final we have some unfinished business to take care. :partyhard

Belfry 28
Huntington WV 27
Be careful what you wish for Big SUR!!

Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Anyway I know nothing about Huntington so I'm picking Belfry and hoping and praying to see them in Corbin in the semi-final we have some unfinished business to take care. :partyhard

Belfry 28
Huntington WV 27

There’s not a Belfry fan on the planet who wouldn’t take that scenario. And love it. No disrespect intended...... if this were to happen, that would mean the Pirates would have vanquished the heavily favored Boyle Co. Easier said than done.
Think Huntington wins the game and should be a great game.
Belfry 35 Huntington 31
Will this be aired on WYMT?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Will this be aired on WYMT?

I tried to see but couldn’t find it so I can’t answer that question BelfryPride. I no that Bobby and the coach will be doing it and the do a real good job. I hope to be at this game and watch the Pirates and hope they win but we all know Coach Haywood just wants them to get better each week and a loss now don’t define the season.Going to be a good one to watch.
WYMT usually carries the PCB games. Haven't found the link yet but sure it will be up sometime today.
I have been told it will be on WYMT. Can't find a link yet though
It’s game day for the Pirates it’s time to buckle up and play football.
Patriot1 Wrote:It’s game day for the Pirates it’s time to buckle up and play football.

Not a lot of talk so far about this team or game. We’re still on page 1. It will be interesting too see how this Belfry OL and DL handle the size and athleticism of Huntington’s lineman. Gonna be a stiff challenge. May be the best “collection” of big guys Belfry will face all year.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Not a lot of talk so far about this team or game. We’re still on page 1. It will be interesting too see how this Belfry OL and DL handle the size and athleticism of Huntington’s lineman. Gonna be a stiff challenge. May be the best “collection” of big guys Belfry will face all year.

Definitely will be but Johnson Central has a big line also maybe not as talented. There is not a lot of talk on here from the Belfry fans have no idea what the problem is. Right about the stiff challenge, I am interested to see how Belfry stacks up against these guys too. Hope for an injury free game for both and a good game.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Not a lot of talk so far about this team or game. We’re still on page 1. It will be interesting too see how this Belfry OL and DL handle the size and athleticism of Huntington’s lineman. Gonna be a stiff challenge. May be the best “collection” of big guys Belfry will face all year.

I agree. Where are all the Belfry fans? Have they abandoned ship after last years early exit from the playoffs?

I'm going with Huntington in this one. I don't know much about them, but I'm assuming others know what they are talking about when they say Huntington will be deep and talented. If that is the case, Belfry will have their hands full.
Westside Wrote:I agree. Where are all the Belfry fans? Have they abandoned ship after last years early exit from the playoffs?

I'm going with Huntington in this one. I don't know much about them, but I'm assuming others know what they are talking about when they say Huntington will be deep and talented. If that is the case, Belfry will have their hands full.

Ha! No one has "Jumped Ship" as much as you all would hope for that. Some people have other things going on in their life than sitting on a website for 12 hours a day. I am on because I am allowed to do so where I work. Some people cannot.

Anyway, I am here. haha that's all you need! :biggrin:

From what I gather, Huntington's QB is a D-1 prospect and has mad skills. He will probably give Belfry's backfield fits if it has not improved from last report. We will see. I have no idea about either of them at this point. Regardless of a win or loss, Belfry will learn from it and get better. Not concerned, Haywood is the man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think Huntington is going to run away with this one. Their defensive line is big, strong and fast. I see Belfy having a lot of trouble blocking them. With that said I expect Belfrey to battle back and be stronger latter part of the year.
Huntington 42
Belfry 14
BelfryPride Wrote:Ha! No one has "Jumped Ship" as much as you all would hope for that. Some people have other things going on in their life than sitting on a website for 12 hours a day. I am on because I am allowed to do so where I work. Some people cannot.

From what I gather, Huntington's QB is a D-1 prospect and has mad skills. He will probably give Belfry's backfield fits if it has not improved from last report. We will see. I have no idea about either of them at this point. Regardless of a win or loss, Belfry will learn from it and get better. Not concerned, Haywood is the man.
The big OT is the one to watch. He’s either the #1 or #2 Tackle in the country with offerers from pretty much any school he wants including BAMA, Georgia and so on
BelfryPride Wrote:Ha! No one has "Jumped Ship" as much as you all would hope for that. Some people have other things going on in their life than sitting on a website for 12 hours a day. I am on because I am allowed to do so where I work. Some people cannot.

Not me BelfryPride I am one of those 12 hours a day guys but I love it, sometimes it’s nice to be old. I was worried too, but it’s right now getting to be in full swing. I will be there to watch the Pirates tonight to see where they stand. Hope for a win but like you said Coach will bring them around 1 game at a time. Good luck tonight and hope for a injury free game for both teams