Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 19 - Greenup County 15
Hate to see my musketeers lose another one but this game was definately worth price of admission. Anyone that wasn't there missed a good highschool game.
Greenup keeps getting close just can't get over the hump
Maybe we need a few more coaches on the sideline? Lol
That one made me laugh.
dawg fan Wrote:It was was simple lc played a smaller line that could not stop the gc run game until they got inside the 30 yard line, then lc put in the big dawgs and the run down and forced gc to pass.
I did not understand why lc did not use more 3 or 4 reciver sets to spread that gc defense out. Lc ran on that defense with 8 in the box all night. Thought they could have used play action to luke or keesee.

It was a good hard hitting came lc took over on their own 10 with around 3 min left in the game and marched right down the field. Gc had a couple of unsportsman flags and a 15 yard face mask that got lc inside the 20 pretty quick.

This is the same thing that happened in the Boyd County game. Coach has a platoon system with his defensive line. If he thinks it's a pass he puts in the small quick line, if its a run he puts the big guys in. We got to find a middle ground. Boyd County running ran all over our small line but as soon as we put the big line in it would stop. Coming into the game last night I think coach was thinking Greenup would start slinging it out of the gate but they didn't. Every time he put the big line in we started getting stops but he was keeping the small line in all the way down the field looking for pass but when Greenup would get in or close to the red zone he would change over to the bigs. I also think he is trying to keep the big guys from getting worn out.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I just checked, it's official a perfect 10-0 baby!:flame::Cheerlead:rockon::1::notworthy:worthy::redboxer:TongueirateSho

Cardinals Ride missed 3 and IRuleTheWorld missed 1 so me and IRuleTheWorld should be tied for 1st place!
:1: Confusedinglepar :rockon: :flame: TongueirateSho :redboxer: :Wave:
:kneel:
grim_reminder Wrote:Why GC was trying to pass i don't know Warnock n Byrd were running ball great. Every time we got within the 20 hear comes the pass. If we would've just stuck with the run game could've got the win. But I'll say one thing was a good game to watch congrats Bulldogs on the win.

Ill tell you exactly why and your coach probably saw it on film. We have two completely different defensive lines on this team. We have a small quick one that we put on when it's a passing situation and a huge one when it's a run. The line we start games with depends if it's a run heavy or pass heavy team. Every time our coach put in the small team your coach would call a run and every time we put the big line in he would pass. The only problem with this is if your QB ain't very accurate we have a very athletic defensive backfield who can pick 6 you in a heartbeat. I think we got like 3 interceptions last night. This bulldog team needs to find a middle ground with the defensive line adjustments. Every time we put our run stop line in teams have had a hard time getting anything, but our small line has done a very good job of shutting down some pretty good pass teams this year.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Cardinals Ride missed 3 and IRuleTheWorld missed 1 so me and IRuleTheWorld should be tied for 1st place!
:1: Confusedinglepar :rockon: :flame: TongueirateSho :redboxer: :Wave:
:kneel:
How come no one is keeping up with the over all standings? Or are they posted some place else?
grim_reminder Wrote:Hate to see my musketeers lose another one but this game was definately worth price of admission. Anyone that wasn't there missed a good highschool game.
i have paid way more to go to a pro game and not had near as much excitement. for 5 dollars you got a 100 dollar game.
lawerence county is a very good ball team and are hard to stop they drive the ball and when they get momentum going for them I really believe they are a unstoppable team this was hands down going to a dawgs game even if it was hard fought