Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 19 - Greenup County 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats LC. GC so close to being a very good team.
If GC had some offense they would be a dangerous team
I was totally wrong about this Greenup defense but a win is a win is a win! The bulldog run defense was just awful in this one but our pass defense was lights out. Coming in all the reports were that the Greenup pass game was their strength but we shut that down tonight and intercepted the QB like three times. They have a pretty good pass defense of their own but we ran the ball like a hot knife through butter. We took the ball down the field with ease way to many times where we would get close to the red zone, but then the drive would just fizzle out. In two weeks we get Raceland. I think everyone knows what we need to work on in those two weeks.........run defense. Timmy Dalton comes back in that game and we have an off week to get everyone healthy. I don't envy the Raceland coaching staff trying to figure out witch receiver they are going to key on in this one. I was afraid of Grant Kiser not getting enough protection in this one, but the offensive line did a very good job of keeping the Greenup defense back and giving time for the throw. Very sloppy defensive game and game plan and way to many drives fizzling out, but on to the next a lot of work to do.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If GC had some offense they would be a dangerous team

Yes they would. They have the Byrd kid who can run down hill but that is about it.
Congrats to LC.
Hey, the Dawgs pulled it out!! Congratulations Lawrence County.
Greenup had the right idea in trying to keep our offense off the field. That was probably the lowest amount of time our offense was on the field all season. My hat is off to this Greenup team because they are much better then in years past.
:worthy:
I hope and pray that we start scheduling Greenup every season. I think those boys needed a game like this to wake up because the tough half of the schedule is about to start.
The Greenup defense was leaving one on one coverage on Robert Dalton to start the game. After Robert scored and they saw how fast and athletic he was at that point they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him lol.
Confusednicker:
Go dawwwgs

Do It 4 Batpuff
Sounded like a great game wish I could have been there. Sounded like both teams had there chances could have went either way. Congratulations Dawgs and good luck to the muskees the rest of the way.
Why GC was trying to pass i don't know Warnock n Byrd were running ball great. Every time we got within the 20 hear comes the pass. If we would've just stuck with the run game could've got the win. But I'll say one thing was a good game to watch congrats Bulldogs on the win.
Congrats LC.

Let this put to rest any doubts as to how good Greenup's defense is. They're legit. I see a 5-5 regular season and 3rd place district finish for them. They're making strides. Keep it up Musketeers.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Greenup had the right idea in trying to keep our offense off the field. That was probably the lowest amount of time our offense was on the field all season. My hat is off to this Greenup team because they are much better then in years past.
:worthy:

That's what they do. Like I said. Eventually they are going to get somebody.
grim_reminder Wrote:Why GC was trying to pass i don't know Warnock n Byrd were running ball great. Every time we got within the 20 hear comes the pass. If we would've just stuck with the run game could've got the win. But I'll say one thing was a good game to watch congrats Bulldogs on the win.

I agree. I can't understand why GC would pound the ball all the way down the field just to throw a pick and kill it. LC's run defense gave up a ton of yards but they stepped up when they had to and made some critical stops. Both teams shot themselves in the foot a lot but I think this game will certainly benefit both teams for later down the road. Very good,hard fought game by both teams. Thank you to both teams for giving the fans their money's worth in this one. Excellent food as well!
I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I think I just had my first ever perfect week in the pick'em. Confusedinglepar
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I think I just had my first ever perfect week in the pick'em. Confusedinglepar

Nice Bro! :rockon:
I just checked, it's official a perfect 10-0 baby!:flame::Cheerlead:rockon::1::notworthy:worthy::redboxer:TongueirateSho
????? Over 400 yards rushing tonight.
We needed a 4 front on defense to stop the scissor run and the front stay at home other than that great game

LC had 241 Total yards
GC had 492 Total yards
Byrd for GC had 149 yards rushing
Warnock GC had 134 yards rushing
When we put the big boy in on def we were good I think coaches are work on smaller quicker line
very hard hitting game. both teams had drive killing turnovers. the difference being lc came up big twice on 4th down in the second half. in the 1st gc had some very good mis-direction going on. 2nd hal lc made some adjustments that slowed them down some. of course penalities and turnovers are what make old men out of young coaches. lc game winning drive was aided by 2 personal fouls against gc. and of course the game winning td was a lazer thrown high to chaffins, who was triple teamed, who went up and made a tremendous rebound, i mean catch. lc needs to work on ko returns. those holding calls and blocks in the back come from return man reversing direction running laterally instead of vertically. blockers have their back to return man. return men have to be more disciplined and follow the return scheme instead of trying to out run the entire field including their own blockers. follow your blockers to the seam and then use your speed. gc is a very much improved from our last meeting. they played a solid game and will most likely finish 3rd in their district.
Good win for Lawrence, but more heartbreak for Greenup. They've played Russell, Raceland, and Lawrence close, but they always fall short in the end. Hopefully they can keep spirits high and get some wins in their district. They should be able to come away with a 3 seed this year.
It was was simple lc played a smaller line that could not stop the gc run game until they got inside the 30 yard line, then lc put in the big dawgs and the run down and forced gc to pass.
I did not understand why lc did not use more 3 or 4 reciver sets to spread that gc defense out. Lc ran on that defense with 8 in the box all night. Thought they could have used play action to luke or keesee.

It was a good hard hitting came lc took over on their own 10 with around 3 min left in the game and marched right down the field. Gc had a couple of unsportsman flags and a 15 yard face mask that got lc inside the 20 pretty quick.
GC reminded me a lot of Raceland in this game and I think having 2 weeks to break down the film from this game will be tremendously helpful to the coaches. LC got a lot of different guys in on the defensive line in this game so the coaches should have plenty of good things to look at and have something put together. The way GC executed all the inside traps and such made it hard for our young line to read but I think the experience will be great for them in later games this year. Now to decide on what game to go to this week since we are on a bye.
I can't remember the last time Greenup has had two hundred rushers in a game. Looks like Greenup has got there rushing game going or LC can't stop the run.
this game reminded me of the 1st belfry game at lc last year. we had, i believe a 6 point lead, last snap of the half for belfry. we had two players on the qb and he got away and made a on the run 30 yard pass for a td with time expired. they go up 21-20 and take all the momentum. gc scores on qb scramble with no time on clock and makes play to end 1st half with the lead and momentum. deja vu all over again. but lc hung in there and came away with a gritty win.
Sports dad Wrote:I can't remember the last time Greenup has had two hundred rushers in a game. Looks like Greenup has got there rushing game going or LC can't stop the run.
i believe stats will show most yards came in 1st half. 2nd half lc made adjustments that resulted in at least 2 4th down stops and a punt by gc. not taking anything away from the 2 gc rushers. they are 2 very hard nosed players and were a treat to watch. good luck to them and gc the rest of the season.
Pages: 1 2