Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 48 Harrison Co 18
At talking smack.:thatsfunn
Wburg keeps getting better and better.
^^^^^^It's a good thing. They had lots of room to improve.
Misson 55 how do you see first 4 in 55 rating.
Did any of your last year team go D1?
or western.
I know Western is D2.
No, I don't think any bigger than Murray State. We have 2 playing there from last years team.
topnotch Wrote:I know Western is D2.

Western is DI FBS.
I thought they were. Murray St isn't for football. They are d1 in every other sport. I don't know how that works but that's the word.
you are correct. I think they play in the sunbelt conference.
mysonis55 Wrote:I thought they were. Murray St isn't for football. They are d1 in every other sport. I don't know how that works but that's the word.

Murray is DI FCS.
I thought so too but, according to info around here they don't play d1. As a matter of fact, I was given a rough time because a certain player went there and I had said since 8th grade he would go d1. If you can find me proof otherwise, I would love to use it.
From Wikipedia "The Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) is a collegiate athletic conference which operates in the Midwestern and Southeastern United States. It participates in Division I of the NCAA; the conference's football programs compete in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS; formerly known as Division I-AA), the lower of two levels of Division I football competition. The OVC has 12 members, 9 of which compete in football in the conference."

One of those nine being Murray State.
topnotch Wrote:PJdoug you are getting to be A person of intrest to me, and a couple more on here, you parade in A Williamsburg fan base but you still can't keep from giving them A Jab here and there.

I'm a die-hard Colonels fan but know a good team when I see one. your orange jackets are good.people that dont know that will soon find out.
Flash154 Wrote:The combined record of the teams Williamsburg has played so far is 8-29. I would say that proves they are all soft.

:thatsfunn
Big Orange Express is coming through.
The opponents records are not a tell all. You take Graves Co for instance 2-3 but a pretty solid team with a tough schedule. You take OT for instance, 2-4. They have a brutal schedule though. You take Murray for instance 2-2 but two losses to solid teams. Sometimes you can use the records but sometimes it's just indicative of teams working to improve their teams before playoffs.
mysonis55 Wrote:The opponents records are not a tell all. You take Graves Co for instance 2-3 but a pretty solid team with a tough schedule. You take OT for instance, 2-4. They have a brutal schedule though. You take Murray for instance 2-2 but two losses to solid teams. Sometimes you can use the records but sometimes it's just indicative of teams working to improve their teams before playoffs.

I think Williamsburg could play a tougher schedule,but, I also think they have a good coaching staff. I like a battle tested team but the schedule they have could have some advantages too. I expect them to get more respect as the season goes on.
It is what it is. We can talk this stuff backward and forward but it will be decided on the fields in late Nov and early Dec. We all have different opinions but in the end there will only be one correct group.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to big boy Chris Helton scoring a touchdown.
Great job Chris! Also Congrats to Freshman Jacob Gray on his 30 yard fumble recovery touchdown. Looks like some of the second string came to play.:Cheerlead :Thumbs:
Coach Herron has got the young kids lots of minutes this year. Not just mop up time. He has sprinkled them in and got them meaningful minutes early in games.
Western is d1