Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands in the playoffs
Granny Bear Wrote:Tonight is the night!!!!

:lmao::lmao:

You gotta give me a bye on this one Granny Bear! It was around 2 a.m. lol. Thank god my daughter pays attention in school. My daughter who is only a jr. Scored a 26 on her ACT's. Not to shabby for her first try.
That joke was hilarious!!
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Fair enough but not that impressive since all five games have been played at Johnson Central. But, I guess we should blame Fort Thomas for that since the Bluebirds always win their district and CovCath is always runnerup. For the eastern part of the Commonwealth, Johnson Central has a good team and a good program. You need to make an impression statewide. When you do, you can blow. But, until then, most see you as blowhards who are all talk and no trophies.
When you say most, who are you referring to? Are you arrogant enough to think that you know the thoughts of the thousand's of high school football fans across the state?
If you are referring to you and your Highland's sidekicks, I'll concede that; however, I don't think you can speak for the rest of the state.
Armchair QB Wrote:When you say most, who are you referring to? Are you arrogant enough to think that you know the thoughts of the thousand's of high school football fans across the state?
If you are referring to you and your Highland's sidekicks, I'll concede that; however, I don't think you can speak for the rest of the state.

You appear somewhat upset. The truth often causes that reaction. Are you actually inferring that fans across the Commonwealth- clear down to Mayfield and Paducah- are really impressed by your district titles in one of the weakest districts in the Commonwealth? Fans are impressed by state championships and not by weak district championships. Win the big prize one time and you will be taken seriously. And, I did say that you have a good team and program for your part of the state. Why should you expect more?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You appear somewhat upset. The truth often causes that reaction. Are you actually inferring that fans across the Commonwealth- clear down to Mayfield and Paducah- are really impressed by your district titles in one of the weakest districts in the Commonwealth? Fans are impressed by state championships and not by weak district championships. Win the big prize one time and you will be taken seriously. And, I did say that you have a good team and program for your part of the state. Why should you expect more?

What part of my comment appears to make me seem upset? I asked a simple question? Do you care to answer?
Armchair QB Wrote:What part of my comment appears to make me seem upset? I asked a simple question? Do you care to answer?

Asked and answered.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Asked and answered.
I seemed to have missed your answer. So I will ask again:
When you say "most" who are you referring to?
If your answer is:
a) "me and my Highland's buddies",
no further action required
If your answer is:
b) "the collective HS fan base of the Commonwealth"
What is your factual basis for this comment?
brown_ind1977 Wrote:You gotta give me a bye on this one Granny Bear! It was around 2 a.m. lol. Thank god my daughter pays attention in school. My daughter who is only a jr. Scored a 26 on her ACT's. Not to shabby for her first try.

Your daughter is a junior already?? Man, time flies. Doesn't seem like that long ago we were taking the ACT ourselves...and great job for her!
Armchair QB Wrote:I seemed to have missed your answer. So I will ask again:
When you say "most" who are you referring to?
If your answer is:
a) "me and my Highland's buddies",
no further action required
If your answer is:
b) "the collective HS fan base of the Commonwealth"
What is your factual basis for this comment?

The answer is actually c). That is the collective fan base of the Commonwealth located outside Johnson County.

My factual basis? Obviously the answer to that is common sense.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:You gotta give me a bye on this one Granny Bear! It was around 2 a.m. lol. Thank god my daughter pays attention in school. My daughter who is only a jr. Scored a 26 on her ACT's. Not to shabby for her first try.

Big deal, I got a 34.

If you added them all up, that is.:trolldad2:

Congrats to her. :Cheerlead In my next life I plan to have an IQ greater than my waist size. God knows I had to have saved some up from this go-round.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:The answer is actually c). That is the collective fan base of the Commonwealth located outside Johnson County.

My factual basis? Obviously the answer to that is common sense.

That's what I thought. You have nothing but an opinion.
Diogenes Wrote:Your daughter is a junior already?? Man, time flies. Doesn't seem like that long ago we were taking the ACT ourselves...and great job for her!

Thanks bro! It does just seem like that much time has passed. I am very proud of her and the fact she is not satisfied with that score.
Armchair QB Wrote:That's what I thought. You have nothing but an opinion.

I haven't done a statewide poll if that is what you mean. However, common sense should tell anyone- even you- that Johnson Central is not a household or a sports bar name anywhere past the Rowan County line. To prove my point, earlier today I was talking with a colleague from Central City and, as usual, the conversation got around to sports. I asked him what he thought of Johnson Central. His answer was "Who?".
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I haven't done a statewide poll if that is what you mean. However, common sense should tell anyone- even you- that Johnson Central is not a household or a sports bar name anywhere past the Rowan County line. To prove my point, earlier today I was talking with a colleague from Central City and, as usual, the conversation got around to sports. I asked him what he thought of Johnson Central. His answer was "Who?".
And that proves what??

You fail to leave open the possibility that your colleague could be a pure moron, and doesn't know his hind end from a hole in the ground, too? It kinda makes one wonder about his knowledge of what's going on....JC is and has been ranked among the state's top teams for a few years now...He doesn't sound like he's either very sharp or informed.

And here's a question to ponder on for the ages...Just who was it that told you that you were the official knower of all knowledge to begin with either?:popcorn:
Best thing is the next 8 days will settle all this.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Best thing is the next 8 days will settle all this.

Or maybe even the next day.TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Read the posts or have someone read them to you. Fort Thomas supporters are merely pulling your chain by mentioning that Johnson Central needs to produce a championship before declaring itself as a winner.

Johnson Central fans, on the other hand, blow smoke constantly about the wonders of their team and program and telling everyone what their team is going to do- not what it has actually done or failed to do. Woulda, shoulda, coulda won't get it. The proper order is to win and then blow. It is not blow and hope you win.

You gain status and respect and get called a "winner" by winning something. Fort Thomas has done that over and over and over and over- year after year. The trophy cases are filled with big championship trophies.

Johnson Central has performed well in the eastern part of the Commonwealth but never beyond. No championships. No big trophies.

So, brown_ind1977, I'd say the "horse crap" is clearly on you.
This is a pretty silly post Harry. You are edging toward vectorland. Fans do not gain stature because the teams they cheer for win games and titles. If fans gained stature by "their" teams winning, then everybody could just switch their allegiance to Moeller, Colerain, or one of the other Cincy teams that routinely crush their NKY opponents. Putting your rear end in the stands or boasting about a team's football prowess on a high school sports forum does nothing for one's stature.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is a pretty silly post Harry. You are edging toward vectorland. Fans do not gain stature because the teams they cheer for win games and titles. If fans gained stature by "their" teams winning, then everybody could just switch their allegiance to Moeller, Colerain, or one of the other Cincy teams that routinely crush their NKY opponents. Putting your rear end in the stands or boasting about a team's football prowess on a high school sports forum does nothing for one's stature.

Doesn't it make you wonder why someone that is so intellectually and socially superior to us commoners on this site would waste their time actually conversing with anyone outside of that wonderful "golden triangle". I wonder what Judge Smails and the rest of the members of Bushwood over at the other site (aka "bluegrasspricks.com") would think of one of their own actually cohorting with the little people at BGR?....Confusedhh:
:hilarious:
Bob Seger Wrote:I wonder what Judge Smails and the rest of the members of Bushwood over at the other site (aka "bluegrasspricks.com") would think of one of their own actually cohorting with the little people at BGR?....Confusedhh:

Confusednicker:The ol' BSer is in rare form tonight.:notworthy:worthy::notworthy:worthy:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Doesn't it make you wonder why someone that is so intellectually and socially superior to us commoners on this site would waste their time actually conversing with anyone outside of that wonderful "golden triangle". I wonder what Judge Smails and the rest of the members of Bushwood over at the other site (aka "bluegrasspricks.com") would think of one of their own actually cohorting with the little people at BGR?....Confusedhh:
Do me a favor, Bob. If I ever cross the line and begin to claim that my stature, or lack thereof, in this life hinges on how successful JC is on the football field, please feel free to slap me back to reality. The coaches and players deserve whatever success comes their way. Our role is just to congratulate them on their successes and thank them for their hard work and determination, win or lose.

The arrogant Highlands fans, and I always try to acknowledge that they do not all fit into that category, are doing us a service. They set a great example of how some people let other people's success go to their own heads. Let's never forget that lesson when the roles are reversed.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The arrogant Highlands fans, and I always try to acknowledge that they do not all fit into that category, are doing us a service. They set a great example of how some people let other people's success go to their own heads. Let's never forget that lesson when the roles are reversed.

Confusedhh:Gotta beat someone first.Confusednicker::devilflam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Confusedhh:Gotta beat someone first.Confusednicker::devilflam
You and Harry Rex have to be fake Highlands fans. What real Highlands supporter would want to engender hatred toward their own program through their obnoxious behavior on website with a state wide audience? If that is your game, then I say to you, well done, sir! Well done, indeed. :1: