Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands in the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As Highlands goes through the playoffs, how many games will have a running clock? Round 1, already happened, running clock. Round 2, guaranteed running clock no later than halftime. Round 3, won't happen. JC is loaded. Should Highlands make it through that, round 4, running clock early in the 4th quarter. State finals, running clock midway through the third.
WideRight05 Wrote:As Highlands goes through the playoffs, how many games will have a running clock? Round 1, already happened, running clock. Round 2, guaranteed running clock no later than halftime. Round 3, won't happen. JC is loaded. Should Highlands make it through that, round 4, running clock early in the 4th quarter. State finals, running clock midway through the third.
Highlands will have a running clock on JC too, there is no one who can stop their air attack. Have you ever been to HHS? It's crazy atmosphere! HHS should of beaten Cincy power Elder, they are much bigger and way more talented than JC. HHS has been sandbagging last few weeks, they are ready to to unleash
Football Junky Wrote:Highlands will have a running clock on JC too, there is no one who can stop their air attack. Have you ever been to HHS? It's crazy atmosphere! HHS should of beaten Cincy power Elder, they are much bigger and way more talented than JC. HHS has been sandbagging last few weeks, they are ready to to unleash
But the fact is, Highlands did not beat Elder and they came up 39 points short of putting a running clock on the Panthers. You can bet that Dale Mueller would prepare for Covington Catholic again than face JC's offense in a couple of weeks.
Confusednicker:I think there will be stunning clock with everyone but Cov Cath & JC. JC kicker will hit mile long field goals to stay 3 points awayConfusednicker:
Without having seen a roster or HHS in person, I can still guarantee that HHS will NOT be bigger than JC. Better, maybe, that will be determined, but not bigger.
bucslover68 Wrote:Without having seen a roster or HHS in person, I can still guarantee that HHS will NOT be bigger than JC. Better, maybe, that will be determined, but not bigger.
Highlands has a few big lineman, but very strong. They have 10 d lineman in the 190- 225 range, that are super aggressive and fast
LOL, you Wide's are KILLERS!!!
WideRight05 Wrote:As Highlands goes through the playoffs, how many games will have a running clock? Round 1, already happened, running clock. Round 2, guaranteed running clock no later than halftime. Round 3, won't happen. JC is loaded. Should Highlands make it through that, round 4, running clock early in the 4th quarter. State finals, running clock midway through the third.

Sounds about right. Does Highlands have home field advantage this year? Won't matter. You guys come to Bowling Green so often, feel free to think of it as your home away from home and send some of those fine athletes down to WKU.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:But the fact is, Highlands did not beat Elder and they came up 39 points short of putting a running clock on the Panthers. You can bet that Dale Mueller would prepare for Covington Catholic again than face JC's offense in a couple of weeks.

I am not too sure about that. I think JC would be much easier to game plan for. Maybe harder to stop though, we shall see.
Highlands running clock on everybody, including Elder.
I'm obviously for Fort Thomas to win another state championship. I see no way that Ashland can come remotely close to beating the Bluebirds anywhere and certainly not in Fort Thomas. I also doubt that Johnson Central can beat Fort Thomas anywhere and particularly not at Fort Thomas. Nonetheless, all the speculation means nothing. The games will be won, or lost, on the field of play. Whole I am most confident, I do remember that upsets are a possibility.

Nonetheless, if we could bottle and sell all the hot air being posted by and about Highlands next two opponents, we could solve the energy crisis.
Don't Count Collins Out
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I'm obviously for Fort Thomas to win another state championship. I see no way that Ashland can come remotely close to beating the Bluebirds anywhere and certainly not in Fort Thomas. I also doubt that Johnson Central can beat Fort Thomas anywhere and particularly not at Fort Thomas. Nonetheless, all the speculation means nothing. The games will be won, or lost, on the field of play. Whole I am most confident, I do remember that upsets are a possibility.

Nonetheless, if we could bottle and sell all the hot air being posted by and about Highlands next two opponents, we could solve the energy crisis.
Idk where your getting any hot air coming from Ashland fans. And those JC boys have been the closest team in ky to highlands the past 7 years so it may not be that much hot air.
90General Wrote:Don't Count Collins Out

Isn't that cute? :yawn: Collins wants to play human sacrifice again.:devilflam
FT Highlands will roll through competetion... Including Johnson Central. And I don't care how big and tough those mountain folks say they are. They are one dimentional on offense. Ground and pound and very little air attack. Question is, who are they playing in the semi's? Boyle Co, Russell Co, or Lex Cath??? JC fans, don't even qoute me, answer back to me or say anything about me. I done listening on how it's your year or how mountain football rules or how there is an aura in your stadium or town. Trains or railroad etc.
FBfan4life Wrote:FT Highlands will roll through competetion... Including Johnson Central. And I don't care how big and tough those mountain folks say they are. They are one dimentional on offense. Ground and pound and very little air attack. Question is, who are they playing in the semi's? Boyle Co, Russell Co, or Lex Cath??? JC fans, don't even qoute me, answer back to me or say anything about me. I done listening on how it's your year or how mountain football rules or how there is an aura in your stadium or town. Trains or railroad etc.

:1: :wenumber1 :champ:

You are so right....... Maybe we can get the KHSAA to rename the 4A state title to "Ft. Thomas Recreational League Championship"
FBfan4life Wrote:FT Highlands will roll through competetion... Including Johnson Central. And I don't care how big and tough those mountain folks say they are. They are one dimentional on offense. Ground and pound and very little air attack. Question is, who are they playing in the semi's? Boyle Co, Russell Co, or Lex Cath??? JC fans, don't even qoute me, answer back to me or say anything about me. I done listening on how it's your year or how mountain football rules or how there is an aura in your stadium or town. Trains or railroad etc.
Your membership does not entitle you to bar anybody from responding to your idiotic, poorly written posts. Although, I concede that it is generally a good idea to ignore trolls such as you.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Your membership does not entitle you to bar anybody from responding to your idiotic, poorly written posts. Although, I concede that it is generally a good idea to ignore trolls such as you.

Sure! If you say so...
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Your membership does not entitle you to bar anybody from responding to your idiotic, poorly written posts. Although, I concede that it is generally a good idea to ignore trolls such as you.

Then ignore me Hoot, Pulp, Bob Segar, eagle nest, eagle eye, war eagle and so on...
Pulp Fiction Wrote::1: :wenumber1 :champ:

You are so right....... Maybe we can get the KHSAA to rename the 4A state title to "Ft. Thomas Recreational League Championship"

HeheheheheConfusednicker: We should.
FBfan4life Wrote:Then ignore me Hoot, Pulp, Bob Segar, eagle nest, eagle eye, war eagle and so on...
I don't need your permission or encouragement to ignore your posts. I generally do so with no coaxing. :hilarious:
sstack Wrote:I am not too sure about that. I think JC would be much easier to game plan for. Maybe harder to stop though, we shall see.
Highlands already game planned for Covington Catholic once and subsequently routed them. Preparing for JC's running game presents the same type of challenge that preparing for Highlands' passing attack poses for JC. It is impossible to replicate those offenses in practice if your own team does not run them.
FBfan4life Wrote:Then ignore me Hoot, Pulp, Bob Segar, eagle nest, eagle eye, war eagle and so on...

Hey don't leave my name out! I have been for now! :insane:

brown_ind1977 Wrote:Hey don't leave my name out! I have been for now! :insane:

brown_ind1977 is our Enforcer..... :muscleman :policeman :wieghts:
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Hey don't leave my name out! I have been for now! :insane:

Oh yeah sorry you too. The dude that has no proof that I only have one name and never answered me back from a question I asked before. Sorry Richard:beg: forgive me. Your on that list now.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:brown_ind1977 is our Enforcer..... :muscleman :policeman :wieghts:

No that's my job. The dude in the middle there. The first guy is your man crush:hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Highlands already game planned for Covington Catholic once and subsequently routed them. Preparing for JC's running game presents the same type of challenge that preparing for Highlands' passing attack poses for JC. It is impossible to replicate those offenses in practice if your own team does not run them.

I do not think it is impossible, I think replicating a running attack would be easier than a passing attack if you do not have a QB who can throw it 40-50 yards. I am sure Highlands practice team replicating JC's running attack does not carry off the fakes as well and do not have as good of RB's, but it does allow them a good look at what is coming and the D to game plan and be ready to be in the right place come game time. It will be hard for JC to replicate 4 fast WR's running 20-40 yards on every play and run very good routes if their WR's have not done it all year. You are right about game planning once already for CCH which would be a benefit, but I am sure they would throw in a few new wrinkles and might have some of injured back too. It is going to be a fun 2 weeks ahead.
FBfan4life's post could almost be made in to a Christmas song.....

"He's making a list, checking it twice.... gonna find out if the Highlands haters are naughty or nice. FBfan4life is coming to your thread"
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Idk where your getting any hot air coming from Ashland fans. And those JC boys have been the closest team in ky to highlands the past 7 years so it may not be that much hot air.

I will admit that the Ashland contingent is a lot more subdued than usual. That is always the better approach because you don't have to eat your words. And, you are actually being realistic. Your last sentence concerning Johnson Central is telling. Somehow, being the "closest" for the last seven years shouldn't generate a lot of confidence or bragging rights. To date it is zero. If the unexpected happens, then Johnson Central can blow. Until that time, it is the hot air of an also ran.
Im no enforcer but at least im not a metter maid either!
Pages: 1 2 3 4