Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 57 - Hazard 52
Outside Paige's athletic ability, what did he do that was so special?
^Bet anything is still isn't as high profile a school as Owootoah goes to straight out of highschool. And age wise down here he's a young junior had to reclassify due to so many credits.
When Owootoah ends up at Union College we'll see. Paige was a stud, very unique for the mountains. No the team lost to a well coached, solid Buckhorn team but that has nothing to do with him.
It must be nice to bring kids in and be able to insert them into the lineup for immediate help. Does he have family in the Cordia area. That is a peculiar name for Eastern Kentucky.
the name Owootoah originated in lotts creek
Paige was better than Owootoah at this point. PCC that year was a better team than Cordia will be this year. There is more than talent required to play D1, the things that were always issues for Paige. Owootoah may very well end up at a D1 school out of HS regardless of all that, but I don't expect him to be a big contributer, just a role player. Also getting looks is all about who you know and associate with.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Is E as good as Harrow, we all know the answer to this. But to say this kid can't play D-1 is stupid. Everyone remember VCU, made it to the final four with a PG about 5'7"...this kid can flat play. He is a true PG in all sense of the word, a true floor general who can make all the passes. This kid doesn't have to even score and he would still look like one of the best players if not the best everytime he plays. I don't know why Harrow was even brought up, why mention Kentucky? For someone to be D-1 material doesn't mean they have to be compared to UK. This kid could go to several places and see playing time eventually
Yes, he is a fundamentally solid ball handler with a nice shooting stroke and is very quick.
At 5'9" he fits the OVC profile. I sincerely hope he chooses Morehead State over Murray.
No disrespect intended; I once was employed by the OVC and absolutely love the historic
quickness of the league.
Spurdog Wrote:How long has it been since Cordia beat Hazard?
Longer than Jackson City.
We will see come seasons end.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:When Owootoah ends up at Union College we'll see. Paige was a stud, very unique for the mountains. No the team lost to a well coached, solid Buckhorn team but that has nothing to do with him.
Coach Hatcher knew Paige was a gamble. But lord, he could jump. System teams rarely
adjust quickly to the addition of a teammate who hasn't learned that system through habitual rote practice. Then, add the expectations placed on that team because the addition is an obvious stud (albeit, also an obvious ball hawg).... Well, it is the age old formula for an upset-Highly ranked team with Stud upset by team play. Perhaps Paige will eventually encounter other great athletes and learn how to find his best team role.
Paige's problem will never plague Owootoah whose quickness transcends his jumping ability. Understanding that he is a short guard, Owootoah already has the skill set necessary for his position. After facing more athletic competition for a while, Owootoah (much like Farmer, Donovan and Pitino) will learn how to let the game come to him. As we used to say in the 14th region: He can jump, but can he play?
Ok you win KHSAA. He will be Mr. Basketball, All-State, McDonalds All American, one and done in college, an NBA lottery pick, and an NBA alll star as a rookie. Best player I've ever seen.

BTW, did you happen to take a look at Gabe York on youtube? The kid from California that is currently riding the pine at Arizona?
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:They must can't count. I seen 2-3 players in the highlight that scored without his pass causing it. Harrow is a top 10 PG in NCAA imo. It took him awhile to get with the program but he has been very solid.

:biglmao:
^I dont see it either lol.
HD28 Wrote:Ok you win KHSAA. He will be Mr. Basketball, All-State, McDonalds All American, one and done in college, an NBA lottery pick, and an NBA alll star as a rookie. Best player I've ever seen.

BTW, did you happen to take a look at Gabe York on youtube? The kid from California that is currently riding the pine at Arizona?

Lol. Would love for you to quote when I said any of this. You all cant exceot the fact his getting major d-1 looks. Who cares if some other player rides the pine? We're talking about Emmanuel Owootoah of Cordia School who currently has interest from Arizona, Baylor, Providence, Tennessee, San Fransico, and UCLA. Tough pill to swallow huh?:Clap:
Lots of kids get looked at..that is common...not all get offer that will be what matters.If they is a kid getting serious looks by ucla and Arizona he shouldn't have any problems with these mountain boys. I think sometimes when we see a kid around here in eky we automatic they he is d1 it's harder than some ppl think.
^ I completely agree with that. UCLA has offered on 12-3-12. verbalcommits.com. I dont see him going there due to other pg signing their loi. But all I said was hes getting looks had one confirmed offer and people start going ape shit and comparing him to everyone and saying hes not that kind of player. There is all kinds of 6-0, 5-10 players at the D-1 level that excell. And I personally never compared the kid to anyone. Everyone else starting yelling Jaysean. When all i stated was facts. Looks and one confirmed offer. Fact jaysean lost out first round district to a amazing buckhorn squad. Bet anything Cordia makes region. But ill probably catch hell saying he can lead the lions that far.
hazard did not play to their potential. i expect the dawgs to bounce back from this embarrassing loss and make a run for the 14th region title.
Owahtowee is a beast. Definately a division 1 player in IMO
Division 1 encompasses a lot of schools. IMO, He could probably play D1...in the OVC. I have strong reservations about his ability to play in the SEC or PAC 12. He aint Devon Downey. 5'10 PG's in the SEC and dogs that chase cars don't last long.

And though you may not have said any of those things, you seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread. If he's all that he needs to be playing against the Trinity's, the Henry Clay's, and the Ballard's of the world, not a bunch of slow, unathletic mountain boys. As someone stated earlier, "looks" occur when somebody is connected and I gotta believe Rhodes knows some people. As you so eloquently put it, "We will see come seasons end."
Owootoah is a very good player IMO... Great speed, ball control, and court vision... I think he can play D-1, maybe not UCLA but somewhere.. Tennessee would be a great place for him to go but I think he would be a 4 year starter at EKU (or OVC)...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HD28 Wrote:Division 1 encompasses a lot of schools. IMO, He could probably play D1...in the OVC. I have strong reservations about his ability to play in the SEC or PAC 12. He aint Devon Downey. 5'10 PG's in the SEC and dogs that chase cars don't last long.
And though you may not have said any of those things, you seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread. If he's all that he needs to be playing against the Trinity's, the Henry Clay's, and the Ballard's of the world, not a bunch of slow, unathletic mountain boys. As someone stated earlier, "looks" occur when somebody is connected and I gotta believe Rhodes knows some people. As you so eloquently put it, "We will see come seasons end."

I'm not sure about the PG's in the SEC, but i have a dog thats chased cars for 6 years now. Confusednicker:
ekff Wrote:Owootoah is a very good player IMO... Great speed, ball control, and court vision... I think he can play D-1, maybe not UCLA but somewhere.. Tennessee would be a great place for him to go but I think he would be a 4 year starter at EKU (or OVC)...

EKU was exactly what I was thinking before reading your post. Morenead also came to mind. He looked very quick and he will look even quicker when he plays against slower teams. It looked like he can handle the ball pretty well too. But he looked like he was about 5'9 in the video. I could see him going to a smaller D1 college that likes to get out and run and have a pg that can distribute the ball well. Arizona? No....UCLA? Maybe, they just keep taking steps down the ladder....UT? I have no idea how they recruit or who they are recruiting so maybe it's a possibility.
Cordia is the real deal. 14th region just got a little more open.