Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
50.00%
Ashland
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ashland 10/25 (Freshmen Kiwanis Bowl)
I think you will see a few sophomores starting next year.
I agree about Mckee, I haven't seen may at qb but unless he's a lot better than mckee I'd say mullins will start and use mckee for 2 years. I would say lonley will get some carries next year, but by then if he's just too good to keep out of the lineup, he'll get limited action. It'll be a young line next year, I look for a few freshman to start as alpha next year
Russell 30

Ashland 14
B97.1 should broadcast the game.
Look for Conley to start from Day 1.
Call me crazy, but I think I saw the Russell QB and the Ashland QB hanging out together Saturday. If I was correct, I am glad the players can keep things in a better context than most fans.
I think most fans take stuff too seriously.
Much agreed. Just good to see old friends are stronger than rivalries.
FBALL Wrote:Short answer. Yes.

I agree with you.
Most kids I know get along with each other. They want to kick each others but on the field but off of the field they are friends.

Trash talk is fun but most people I have found out don't know how to handle it. Which that is entertaining as well.
Most of these kids know each other through other sports baseball, basketball. Some go to church together, most get along great off the field but that all goes out the door when they strap on the headgear. As it should be, good luck them lil devils on Thursday. Who is representing Russell at the Kiwanis luncheon? Ashland selected Grant Kruger, Brady Smedley, Dillon Blevins, Jackson Pruitt an Taylor Broughton.
Heard Ashland had a bruising type fullback. I look for them to try and control the clock.
I think Russell is sending Sammy Smith, Mitch Redden, Jacob McKee, and Johnny Montinez. Johnny was injured during the season but should still attend. Biggest back Russell has faced was Irontons beast of a back and he was controlled fairly easy between the tackles. Should be a good game.
Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free game.:Thumbs:
Putnam by 7
Leaping Lee Wrote:Putnam by 7

Idk I heard Coles had a beast of a team this year. I heard they were so fast it appears they weren't really there.