Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co-47 vs Perry Central-28
I think if you took Bell, Belfry, Breathitt, Whitley, Harlan County, and Knox and had them play each other 10 times a piece, at the end of the year, everyone would have a .500 record
You saw Whitley give up 28 to Perry Central and Harlan County give up 12 to Knox Central and Whitley looked better defensively?
^
PCC is one fo the very few teams that run an offense like that.
If Whitley played Knox it would be very similar to the HC/KC game.

You cant compare defensive games when the two offenses are completely different.
My guess would be that PCC will score just as many if not more on HC especially with the game being at PCC.
HDE Wrote:You saw Whitley give up 28 to Perry Central and Harlan County give up 12 to Knox Central and Whitley looked better defensively?

You really cannot compare PCC to anything anyone else in the district will see this season. they are so unconventional, seriously, they lined up without a QB!! They formation you to death, I counted something like 30 formations in the first half. Harlan is much more conventional, like Whitley they do what they do and you have to stop it. Certainly you can prepare for some of it and play good solid football but you can't cover everything. Also when a lineman releases down field what do you think? I am thinking run, well there have been several times this year, PCC has had linemen down field and still thrown a pass after the safeties have come up in run support. Try covering the field then. You have access, check the film, then get back and give us your professional opinion.

You also saw Whitley only give up 57 yards in the second half, and almost 200 yards less than the PCC average per game. It shows that you have very little respect for any team that is not Harlan but watch some film and learn a little bit and just don't compare scores. You would be amazed at how much it will open your eyes.
Congrats Colonels, good luck the rest of the way. Perry will be fine, just hope they keep their heads up and keep working hard.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:You really cannot compare PCC to anything anyone else in the district will see this season. they are so unconventional, seriously, they lined up without a QB!! They formation you to death, I counted something like 30 formations in the first half. Harlan is much more conventional, like Whitley they do what they do and you have to stop it. Certainly you can prepare for some of it and play good solid football but you can't cover everything. Also when a lineman releases down field what do you think? I am thinking run, well there have been several times this year, PCC has had linemen down field and still thrown a pass after the safeties have come up in run support. Try covering the field then. You have access, check the film, then get back and give us your professional opinion.

You also saw Whitley only give up 57 yards in the second half, and almost 200 yards less than the PCC average per game. It shows that you have very little respect for any team that is not Harlan but watch some film and learn a little bit and just don't compare scores. You would be amazed at how much it will open your eyes.

Good point about the lineman down field.
I dont know if the refs missed it or didnt know it was a rule, but on half of their pass plays down field they had lineman ahead of the receivers.
HDE Wrote:You saw Whitley give up 28 to Perry Central and Harlan County give up 12 to Knox Central and Whitley looked better defensively?

Gut already explained that one pretty well.

I wonder if the black bears will hold Bell to under 21?
doubt it...

People can call me crazy from here until the end of time...
but I'm confident that you put Perry on the field with Bell, Belfry, Knox, Breathitt, Harlan County....
pick whoever you want and they will be able to put up around 30 points on them at this point in the season.

It took the Dores a couple games to get everything rolling with the new QB, but they have hit their stride offensively and come Friday night when Beatty is back in the game it could mean big things for them on the offensive side. I always felt that Austin looked to Beatty too much at the start of the season. Now that he has some trust in the other WRs the attack should be much more balanced.

If the Commodores can watch the penalties and take care of the ball - they will be able to pull an upset or two this postseason. I don't think they are defensively ready to stop the black bears, but I would bet money that between these next two home games that the cannon will run out of ammo.
zaga_fan Wrote:Gut already explained that one pretty well.

I wonder if the black bears will hold Bell to under 21?
doubt it...

People can call me crazy from here until the end of time...
but I'm confident that you put Perry on the field with Bell, Belfry, Knox, Breathitt, Harlan County....
pick whoever you want and they will be able to put up around 30 points on them at this point in the season.

It took the Dores a couple games to get everything rolling with the new QB, but they have hit their stride offensively and come Friday night when Beatty is back in the game it could mean big things for them on the offensive side. I always felt that Austin looked to Beatty too much at the start of the season. Now that he has some trust in the other WRs the attack should be much more balanced.

If the Commodores can watch the penalties and take care of the ball - they will be able to pull an upset or two this postseason. I don't think they are defensively ready to stop the black bears, but I would bet money that between these next two home games that the cannon will run out of ammo.

Oddly enough I agree with this statement. If PCC's defense gets even with the offense....look out!! But I don't know if there is enough time this season for that to happen.
Congratulations, Whitley County!
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Oddly enough I agree with this statement. If PCC's defense gets even with the offense....look out!! But I don't know if there is enough time this season for that to happen.

There is not enough years left in this decade lol

Perry is one of those teams that has a puncher's chance against anyone.

If they don't get penalized and take care of the ball...
they just need a couple stops or a turnover to make a team pay for it.
But correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't Whitley scored every time they touched the ball except for the time they took knees at the end?

I've not seen too much of Whitley County...
is three pass attempts in one game a little on the conservative side - or do they do that no matter what?
3 pass att. is airing it out for Whitley.:yikes:
Perry needs to focus on not playing kids both ways. I dont care how athletic those kids are, about 6 or 7 kids just need to play one way. I think that would help out a lot. Might be time to get out the weight gainer and creatine on a daily basis. May cost a couple grand but Haddix is gonna have to fatten a couple kids up for the Dline.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:3 pass att. is airing it out for Whitley.:yikes:

It's not that Whitley can't throw with success it's thatnthey chose not to ATP this point. running the ball has been good to the Colonels this season!!
zaga_fan Wrote:There is not enough years left in this decade lol

Perry is one of those teams that has a puncher's chance against anyone.

If they don't get penalized and take care of the ball...
they just need a couple stops or a turnover to make a team pay for it.
But correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't Whitley scored every time they touched the ball except for the time they took knees at the end?

I've not seen too much of Whitley County...
is three pass attempts in one game a little on the conservative side - or do they do that no matter what?

We were throwing the ball with success.
In the first three games, we threw for more yards than we did the entire season last year. The last 3 weeks we havent hardly thrown anything, but when we do throw its usually all or nothing. I dont know how many yards weve racked up on a half back pass this year. We usually run that one atleast once a game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We were throwing the ball with success.
In the first three games, we threw for more yards than we did the entire season last year. The last 3 weeks we havent hardly thrown anything, but when we do throw its usually all or nothing. I dont know how many yards weve racked up on a half back pass this year. We usually run that one atleast once a game.

I figured as much.
In all honesty - I wouldn't have thrown it 3 times against Perry.
2 would be my max lol
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:You really cannot compare PCC to anything anyone else in the district will see this season. they are so unconventional, seriously, they lined up without a QB!! They formation you to death, I counted something like 30 formations in the first half. Harlan is much more conventional, like Whitley they do what they do and you have to stop it. Certainly you can prepare for some of it and play good solid football but you can't cover everything. Also when a lineman releases down field what do you think? I am thinking run, well there have been several times this year, PCC has had linemen down field and still thrown a pass after the safeties have come up in run support. Try covering the field then. You have access, check the film, then get back and give us your professional opinion.

It was an eye-opening experience. Thanks.
^
Grow up.