Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co-47 vs Perry Central-28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Whitley Co.
Congrats WC, better team won tonite. I wish Beatty could have played, he is certainly a game changer. PCC getting better!!!!
Good win for Jim Black and the Colonels.
Nice win for the Colonels! Bryant and Mills are becoming a dangerous combination, and don't forget about Ysidro. Keep it Rolling, Harlan week.:redboxer::redboxer:
I bet RIUTG was sweating bullets at halftime with a 25 to 22 score.
Whitley is much improved over last year. Kids getting a year older and taking the load off of Bryant has made a big difference.
Got this one correct.
Nice win...congrats Whitley.
PCC is better than some think.. There getting better which is good and its that time of the year too.
Good weather tonight.

PCC has some talent on offense but has a horrible defense.
Whitley ran at will all night, with four different RB's going for over 70 or 80 yards a piece.
Im glad we got to see a spread offense with a dual threat QB. It was a wake up call to a defense that was use to only seeing run, run, run.
Coulda punched another TD in there at the end but took a knee on the 5 or 10.

We made the right adjustments after halftime and held PCC to 70 or 80 yards in the second half after giving up around 200 in the first.
I was glad to see the offensive game plan also make adjustments at halftime. PCC never could stop the QB keeps.

I honestly thought Mitchell would have a better defense prepared for this game. He knows every play were gonna run, he's coached against Whitley for 40 years.

Next week is huge. Whitley travels to Harlan County for a district championship.

Got to prepare for the opposite of the PCC offense this week.
Glad to see the Colonels not having over a 100 yards in penalties tonight. Something we really need to get a win over Harlan!
As expected, Whitley wins by 3 TDs! As I said before, you can't win games when you to score over 40 points a game!
Congrats to the Colonels on a big win tonight.
From the News Journal...

The Whitley County Colonels saw everything they could imagine out of the Perry Central playbook in Friday night's district matchup but answered them each time with the running game centered around running backs Boston Bryant, Austin Hooper and Zac Mills along with quarterback Austin Ysidro. They combined for 410 of the Colonels' 437 rushing yards in the 47-28 victory.

Bryant had three touchdowns on the night and Ysidro had two, while running back Tilmon Jackson added another touchdown.

Kicker Alex Conlin nailed a 31-yard field goal with 16 seconds remaining in the first half to give the Colonels a lead they never relinquished, 25-22.

With the win, Whitley County improves to 5-2 on the year and 1-0 in the district and will face Harlan County next week.
With the two or three passes we completed, Whitley had around 500 yards of total offense.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With the two or three passes we completed, Whitley had around 500 yards of total offense.

After tonight's scores, it looks like District 8 wasn't "wide open" after all.
^
Im not complaining.

I thought LCC and PCC would be better.

Will see if the top two are even come next week...
Both Whitley and Somerset needed big offensive nights after last Fridays slop fest. Grats to Whitley, we'll see pcc game 10.
Congrats Colonels. Would like to see you finish out the season strong!
Closer than most predicted.
I was a bit surprised at how close it was at the half, but once Whitley got the lead and the ball it was all but over. Once they had some breathing room, the defense was able to take some chances and make some plays. After giving up 202 yards in the first half (PCC was averaging about 440 ypg) they held them to 57 in the second half. Whitley just could not be stopped offensively during this game, if they loaded up to stop the FB the HB would hit them, if they stopped the FB dive, then the FB would bounce it around for a big gain. If they stopped the HB the FB would get the big gain.....and then 2-3 passing.

The field goal at the close of the second quarter was the key point in the game, and turned the game. Actually considering just how athletic the pray brothers are Coach Haddix did a great job of building an offense around them, I would however question lining up WITHOUT a QB and having to motion into having a QB....did not even phase the Colonels. I swear PCC must spend 4 hours a day on offense and 17 minutes on defense. They had more formations than Carter has pills.

Bottom line the Colonels won both halves and posted a solid victory.
Congrats to the Colonels on a good win.

The way the first half went...
it looked like this one was going to go to whoever had the ball last.

However....
in the second half Whitley County scored on the first drive and the Commodores failed to score. From that point on Whitley cruised.

In the Commodores' first offensive possession of the second half they had a couple penalties, 2 fumbles (3 if you count the bad shotgun snap), and at one point they were staring a 2nd and 55. They never recovered after that.

The offense was still as high-powered as ever, even with their biggest deep threat on the sidelines in street clothes. They hung more points against Whitley County in the first half then any team (other than Russell) has put up in an entire game. The second half had a handful of penalties and miscues that you simply can't expect to compete with when the other team is scoring on every offensive possession.

Sadly, this is the same old song and dance that we've heard with every Commodore team since they've put on the red and black. They can't stop anyone that runs it right at them. I don't know if they simply don't get in the weight room, if they don't focus on it in practice, if the coaching staff needs to be shaken up a bit - but it's sad watching this d-line getting shoved 5 yards right off of the snap. It's ridiculous watching a team run a pitch play 4 straight times and hit the corner every single time when your kids are as fast an anyone around.

The Colonels will win this District and there's honestly no shame in losing to them. I just wished we could have had them in APG this year. It's special watching teams come down here this season lol

anyway...
on another note.
If we are away in the playoffs (probably will be but I don't think the HC game is a lost cause yet) and for the Somerset game - I'm going to have to find a place to sit at with the opposing team. I can't handle our away game crowd lol
Grats RIUTG!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Congrats to the Colonels on a good win.

The Colonels will win this District and there's honestly no shame in losing to them. I just wished we could have had them in APG this year. It's special watching teams come down here this season lol

anyway...
on another note.
If we are away in the playoffs (probably will be but I don't think the HC game is a lost cause yet) and for the Somerset game - I'm going to have to find a place to sit at with the opposing team. I can't handle our away game crowd lol

It sounds like Harlan County has just fallen apart. They aren't even a factor in the district anymore?
zaga_fan Wrote:Congrats to the Colonels on a good win.

The way the first half went...
it looked like this one was going to go to whoever had the ball last.

However....
in the second half Whitley County scored on the first drive and the Commodores failed to score. From that point on Whitley cruised.

In the Commodores' first offensive possession of the second half they had a couple penalties, 2 fumbles (3 if you count the bad shotgun snap), and at one point they were staring a 2nd and 55. They never recovered after that.

The offense was still as high-powered as ever, even with their biggest deep threat on the sidelines in street clothes. They hung more points against Whitley County in the first half then any team (other than Russell) has put up in an entire game. The second half had a handful of penalties and miscues that you simply can't expect to compete with when the other team is scoring on every offensive possession.

Sadly, this is the same old song and dance that we've heard with every Commodore team since they've put on the red and black. They can't stop anyone that runs it right at them. I don't know if they simply don't get in the weight room, if they don't focus on it in practice, if the coaching staff needs to be shaken up a bit - but it's sad watching this d-line getting shoved 5 yards right off of the snap. It's ridiculous watching a team run a pitch play 4 straight times and hit the corner every single time when your kids are as fast an anyone around.

anyway...
on another note.

You described the game to a T.

Where were you by the way, i looked for you all night lol....

If Perry would have been able to even control our running game and make it managable, they could have snuck out with a win. As you said, Whitley just drove PCC off the ball all night.

I wouldnt count HC out. They are a very dangerous team, and IMO, still better than Whitley up to this point.

It will be decided on the field friday...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You described the game to a T.

If Perry would have been able to even control our running game and make it managable, they could have snuck out with a win. As you said, Whitley just drove PCC off the ball all night.

I wouldnt count HC out. They are a very dangerous team, and IMO, still better than Whitley up to this point.

I got there late but I was on the visitor side in the front.
I have short hair and no beard now so not a lot of ppl notice me lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You described the game to a T.

I've got a good hard look at every team in this district and I'm pretty confident the Colonels are a step ahead of the Black Bears.

I've been wrong before so don't take that to the bank - but I honestly think Whitley is a couple TDs better than HC and I expect the HC Perry game to be intense.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've got a good hard look at every team in this district and I'm pretty confident the Colonels are a step ahead of the Black Bears.

I've been wrong before so don't take that to the bank - but I honestly think Whitley is a couple TDs better than HC and I expect the HC Perry game to be intense.

Harlan County was three or four touchdowns better last year. That's a big drop off. What game did you see this year?
zaga_fan Wrote:I got there late but I was on the visitor side in the front.
I have short hair and no beard now so not a lot of ppl notice me lol

lol, no wonder why i didn notice.
I usually sit on the visitors side, so i may have been close.
HDE Wrote:Harlan County was three or four touchdowns better last year. That's a big drop off. What game did you see this year?

K-N-O-X

Perry also beat Whitley last year and got beat by 3 scores this time around.

Harlan County can still win the District but from what I've seen Whitley is better IMO.

I can guage them pretty well but you never know until they play.
I watched Perry play Johnson Central, Johnson Central play Knox, Knox play Harlan County,
Whitley play Somerset and Whitley play Perry.

A lot can be lost in translation between those games but I think Whitley is stronger on D and consistent enough on offense to win that one.
Pages: 1 2