Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry, Bell, Brethitt vs. Central any chance
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co is def better than last year. 16 Seniors and more experienced.

Plenty of time left, but this team appears to be off from last year's so far.
More experience, and more seniors usually translates into being better, but
not always. Maybe it's just a little bit of looking down the road.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:EXCUSE ME.But who says Belfry will be playing Central?

Just saying what our Belfry team wouldn't do. I say you feel the same about your team right? I would cheer for your bobcats if its them instead of us if that makes you feel better. See you in mid November,at Belfry. Good luck, look forward to that game.
I will pull for either Belfry or Breathitt. I would love to see a mountain team knock off Central.
I agree. Bell does not seem to be as good as last year. I am sure they will improve as the year goes on. They for sure have a bunch of good seniors. It is always nice to have that many seniors on your team.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:That's one benefit this year. We possibly will get Central on Log Mtn this year. Culture shock for them up in here these Mtns. Lol

Central came down to JC a few years ago and got the crap kicked out of them.
I think Bell can do it. Wayne got them boys up early out doing the good. Go bell, blg blue nationnn!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Central came down to JC a few years ago and got the crap kicked out of them.

Can't take much from that though.

Belfry kicked the crap out of Johnson Central that same year in Week 10 and then lost to Lou. Central in the Finals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Can't take much from that though.

Belfry kicked the crap out of Johnson Central that same year in Week 10 and then lost to Lou. Central in the Finals.

You are correct EKU!! A long bus ride then playing a game that means zilch with no rivalry equals a big loss for Central. Belfry had to play them in Lousville for all the marbles.
Excuse me for being THAT guy, but really, who cares? why is this thread even going right now? I hope we all realize, any of these games would take place 2 months from now. But of course all 3 of these mountain teams have a chance to beat Central, Central isn't some kind of football god that everyone should bow down to and walk off the field before the game even begins. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic and deserve respect, but anything can happen in 48 minutes.
Hands down no contest Belfry the best team and get most of the starters back next year, But right now 1. Belfry 2. Bell,Co a distant second and 3. Breathitt,Co closing in on both. Bell,Co has the hardest route to bowling Green though Centeral and Tilghman not bad either. Belfry is at this time better than people thing even though they lost to Henry Clay at Home. Whos Breathitt Played??? Bell a little overated. and the schedule will hurt them. just like Breathitt after the Hazard game
ballboy Wrote:Hands down no contest Belfry the best team and get most of the starters back next year, But right now 1. Belfry 2. Bell,Co a distant second and 3. Breathitt,Co closing in on both. Bell,Co has the hardest route to bowling Green though Centeral and Tilghman not bad either. Belfry is at this time better than people thing even though they lost to Henry Clay at Home. Whos Breathitt Played??? Bell a little overated. and the schedule will hurt them. just like Breathitt after the Hazard game

You REALLY think Bell is a distant second to Belfry, and Breathitt is closing in on them? Interesting. And you think the Belfry schedule is considerably tougher than the Bell schedule? Interesting.
Belfry's schedule is not good enough IMO. The Johnson Central, Ashland, Henry Clay game are all good. Pikeville has to be on the schedule, but they are very down. Prestonsburg usually is a pretty good game, but this year they are rebuilding. Harrison Co. was awful. The district remains to be seen, but I think even the better games will see Belfry favored by 3 TD's.

If only they could have played a quality oppenent in the Pike Co. Bowl. Also think Harlan Co. HAS to be on the schedule moving forward. Perry Co. Central might be a team to look at down the road too. There are many teams that would make great competition but keeping the drive around 2 hours or less limits the field considerably.
The Pike County Bowl Committee needs to make sure Belfry has a quality opponent for the PCB. They should be embarrassed about the competition this year. If they have to go out of state then spend a little bit of cash and do it.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Excuse me for being THAT guy, but really, who cares? why is this thread even going right now? I hope we all realize, any of these games would take place 2 months from now. But of course all 3 of these mountain teams have a chance to beat Central, Central isn't some kind of football god that everyone should bow down to and walk off the field before the game even begins. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic and deserve respect, but anything can happen in 48 minutes.

Just ask the Arkansas Razorbacks......I bet nobody bet on them this past weekend. I know thats college ball,but same game.
If I had my way. I would rather be in Bell Countys shoes. I know that Central is the favorite,but were would you rather try to beat them at? Home or Bowling Green. Second place is not good enough in my book. I wish we(Belfry) had them at our house.
I want to play in the state championship, but I'd love to see Central roll into Pond Creek for a game!!!
I got nothing but respect for Belfry, I truly think they are the best equiped to play with Central. Breathitt and Bell may be able to get them too.
bucslover68 Wrote:I want to play in the state championship, but I'd love to see Central roll into Pond Creek for a game!!!
I'd love to see Belfry roll into Log Mountain and Bell roll into Pond Creek. I would also like to see yearly games between Belfry and Harlan Co., great games played at the two best facilities in the mountains, between legendary coaches...WHY don't these two PLAY!!!
I would love to see Belfry play Bell and Harlan County. It would be an an honor to be on the same field as coach Hayward. He is a great christian man and maybe the best coach in the mountains. I am sure both their coaches would agree. Harlan County will have facilities comparable to Belfry from what I am hearing. Everyone keeps telling me Bell is going to be down after this year, but I think they will still be very competitive like always.
watcher Wrote:I would love to see Belfry play Bell and Harlan County. It would be an an honor to be on the same field as coach Hayward. He is a great christian man and maybe the best coach in the mountains. I am sure both their coaches would agree. Harlan County will have facilities comparable to Belfry from what I am hearing. Everyone keeps telling me Bell is going to be down after this year, but I think they will still be very competitive like always.

There is no "down" for Bell County or Belfry. They may have a rebuilding year, and in some instances a bridge year, but with the quality of both of these program's feeder system and the quality of their assistant coaches they will always be competitive and then some.

Breathitt is a little more suspect due to the fact they usually don't have the numbers as a Bell or Belfry, but even then it's rare that you see Breathitt just simply not even be a factor.
first you all are going to crap when Bell pulls one out on Central this year 2nd of all next year we might get a Harlen and Belfry match up.
I don't know about crapping, but I would be very surprised. I would love to see it, but it would take a perfect game. Bell, Belfry, or Breathitt is not playing the same competition as Central. The bad thing about it is Central is beating good six A teams. I hope you are right. I would love to see it, but I doubt I will. It would be awesome to play Belfry next year. They have a great atmosphere at the big Red Machine.
Bell has played two 6A schools and a 5A school in whitley which is a very good football team, 2-1 in those match ups.....on Log MT Bell Co stands a great chance if the young freshman (Collett) continues to improve
This is A bad year to be playing Central.
Watcher you made me laugh when you said " I don't know about crapping" lmao !!!!!!
I can't wait to we water down the field at Log Mtn when Central comes rolling in. Especially after we have practiced on that sloppy field all week. Wink
If it were to rain so be it but with the Hugh front line of the bobcats I believe it can be don fairly. People say Central cant be beat by a 3a school HORSE PLUCKY this is the year. Bell Belfry Final!!!!
Central CAN be beat by a 3A team , lost at Tilghman in 09 semi-finals, albeit that is their only loss ever to a 3A team since 07.
bell better than last year i don't think so not even close
Belfry is the best in the east right now Breathitt second. Bell is 3rd in the west right now behind central and tilghman.