Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's Prestonsburg gonna look for next year
I cant wait until the SC and P-burg game.
I think Prestonsburg will be too small to do anything. Their line is small and inexperienced. Their receiver (Maines?) is only like 5 foot. This just isn't winning material.
Isn't Wes Woods a receiver also?
He's a tight end.
The Derossett's need to get it together. Something has to be done with the program. I heard they only had about 30 players total.
30 players I knew it wasn't alot but thats low ! They need to quit running players off, They need to be better to there players they made the whole Football team play on the Wrestling team ! Now they need to give these players a break over the winter and let them be students.
BurntTires Wrote:He's a tight end.

:Thumbs:
blackcat_student Wrote:30 players I knew it wasn't alot but thats low ! They need to quit running players off, They need to be better to there players they made the whole Football team play on the Wrestling team ! Now they need to give these players a break over the winter and let them be students.
I think they should run the DeRossetts off. It's not like they had anything to do with Prestonsburg's past success. If you put Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and a core of all-world players on a team, then the coach doesn't mean anything. That's what Prestonsburg went thru from 2000-2003. After that, the talent level started going down and here we are now. The DeRossetts were made to look outstanding just by the outstanding players they had. Good coaches don't rebuild, they reload. Take Haywood for instance. Look at what they have lost in the past 2 years but they are still contenders year in and year out. Just not happening in P-town.
I wonder what they have done to these players to make them change schools? Million dollar question $$$$$$:novb: :novb:
BCF4L Wrote:I think they should run the DeRossetts off. It's not like they had anything to do with Prestonsburg's past success. If you put Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and a core of all-world players on a team, then the coach doesn't mean anything. That's what Prestonsburg went thru from 2000-2003. After that, the talent level started going down and here we are now. The DeRossetts were made to look outstanding just by the outstanding players they had. Good coaches don't rebuild, they reload. Take Haywood for instance. Look at what they have lost in the past 2 years but they are still contenders year in and year out. Just not happening in P-town.
100% true. I agree with you.TongueirateSho
Wait for the season and watch how p-burg does before you comment on their playing and coaching abilities. p-burg may surprise a few pple out there.
blackcatjt Wrote:Wait for the season and watch how p-burg does before you comment on their playing and coaching abilities. p-burg may surprise a few pple out there.

Yeah, what kind of plays are they gonna run this year a power I toss and a shotgun running play, they run the same plays every year, Belfry runs the same playbook every year I can sit in the stands and almost predict what there gonna run and 2 out of 3 times. And no one can still stop the wishbone! We need a new style of offense, We have a great quarter back, running back and a few good linemen, but we have no size or a whole lot of strength. We will not be able to pound the ball down the field any this season except for a few teams.
I have nothing against anyone on this team or anyone that has anything to do with this team, We just need to get things together and mix up the plays more than we have in the past !
Prestonsburg was the second best team in the state from 2000-2004 every year. They just didn't have what it took to get over the hump.
Maybe there is some great new motivtion for them and they will have a great season (and this may be tough for them)... But I don't think any opponents should EVER underestimate a team...It could leave them vulnerable. But at the same time... I'm keeping the faith for my team..lol
Mrs.BurntTires Wrote:Maybe there is some great new motivtion for them and they will have a great season (and this may be tough for them)... But I don't think any opponents should EVER underestimate a team...It could leave them vulnerable. But at the same time... I'm keeping the faith for my team..lol
Belfry never takes a team lightly....TongueirateSho