Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How's Prestonsburg gonna look for next year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are they gonna be better than last year
This is there varsity roster as I see it :

QB- #2 Bobby Hughes, # 17 Chris Schoolcraft
RB/FB-- #33 Lincon Slone, #36 Seth Setser, #3 Alan Craynon
OL/DL-- #60 Tyler Layne, # 70 Brandon Holbrook, # 51 Sam Chaffin, #52 Matt Blevins, # 74Owen Wright, Idk anymore as of right now !
WR/CB--#8 Carmon Maines, #11 Chase Martin, Idk anymore as of right now !
TE/LB--#81 Wes Woods, #31 Nathaniel Stephens, #19 Trevor Patton
K/P--#22 Seth Moore
I think they can be better than last year
Doubt it
Prestonsburg will be average at best!  They declined about $10,000 from Big Sandy RECC to play JCHS this season in the Touchtone Energy Bowl and that is fact believe it or not! 
I look for them to be better, but they have a great deal of work to do to get back to the level they were.  I see them as a 2 or 3 seed this year.

1st seed Belfry
2nd seed Sheldon Clark or P-burg
4th seed Shelby Valley
I believe they will be better than last year, they didn't have enough senior leadership last year, and i dont see that being a problem this year. They're working alot harder than last year, because none of the seniors this year want a repeat of last year.
Don't expect them to be better than last year.  They lost all of their top players, which will be hard to make up for.  They should finish the season about 6-6.
[quote author=tb15 link=topic=20934.msg213690#msg213690 date=1142743774]
Prestonsburg will be average at best!  They declined about $10,000 from Big Sandy RECC to play JCHS this season in the Touchtone Energy Bowl and that is fact believe it or not! 
[/quote]

Are you serious? Wow $10,000.......why didn't they play JC?
wow...thats a lot of money
turning down that kind of deal seems rather farfetched
[quote author=The X link=topic=20934.msg214500#msg214500 date=1142899675]
turning down that kind of deal seems rather farfetched
[/quote]

Farfetched as it may sound it is true!  That is a fact jack!  I don't care what anyone has to say about it!  That is the way it went down point blank.
This has nothing to do with what kind of team Prestonsburg is going to have next year.
johnson county must have the blackcats running scared. or it could be a scheduling conflict.
Prestonsburg cannot afford to have a skill positioned player to get hurt, But Prestonsburg pulls in alot I mean Alot of money from the fundraising thats done a Court Street Bingo !
Did Blake Meade leave Pburg? Im pretty sure he did
Basketballer Wrote:Did Blake Meade leave Pburg? Im pretty sure he did

Yeah he went back to Allen Central
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg cannot afford to have a skill positioned player to get hurt, But Prestonsburg pulls in alot I mean Alot of money from the fundraising thats done a Court Street Bingo !

Money isn't making the Cats #1.
Tough Turf Wrote:Money isn't making the Cats #1.

Who said it was?
blackcat Wrote:Who said it was?

The title of this thread didn't want to know how much PHS is worth either!
blackcat_student Wrote:This is there varsity roster as I see it :

QB- #2 Bobby Hughes, # 17 Chris Schoolcraft
RB/FB-- #33 Lincon Slone, #36 Seth Setser, #3 Alan Craynon
OL/DL-- #60 Tyler Layne, # 70 Brandon Holbrook, # 51 Sam Chaffin, #52 Matt Blevins, # 74Owen Wright, Idk anymore as of right now !
WR/CB--#8 Carmon Maines, #11 Chase Martin, Idk anymore as of right now !
TE/LB--#81 Wes Woods, #31 Nathaniel Stephens, #19 Trevor Patton
K/P--#22 Seth Moore
Did any of them get any quality playing time last year. I know that they lost some great players.
Tough Turf Wrote:Money isn't making the Cats #1.
Money isn't going to make the cats #1, a miracle might.lol:moon:
P'burg may not be better on paper than they were last year, but teams like P'burg don't stay down for very long. They will be one of the top 3 teams in the district as they always are. Belfry will be the clear cut favorite and rightfully so. SC and P'burg will battle for a home playoff game and it will be in the Blackcats back yard. I expect them to finish third behind the Pond Creek Nation and my Cardinals, but neither of these teams should over look the Blackcats or they could find themselves on the wrong end of an upset.
Prestonsburg had a better team last year. And thats not saying much, i think they started off like 0-5 or something, but they turned it around at the end of the year thanks to shafer, big daddy hamitlon, peters and the other great seniors they lost. NO shot of P'burg having a better year. Good luck though
Tough Turf Wrote:The title of this thread didn't want to know how much PHS is worth either!

Exactly.
they are going to dress in black and red and not be nearly as good as teams in the past. but i realy hope they do well, they are a good bunch of kids.
They will be about the same as last year.
id say they will be #2 seed
I believe that P-Burg will have the heart and desire to win this season. Work hard boys and the fans will be there with you all the way.
prestonsburg is going to be better than last year.. the football team has been working very hard in the off season, and the football team is making some very big improvements ...but this year prestonsburg will have good leadership, with most all of the senior players going to school together thier whole life. last year prestonsburg didnt have that, thier senior roster was divided between schools, such as east ridge, paintsville, adams, pikeville, betsy layne, allen, and for a while, allen central..but i think that everyone that has said prestonsburg has no hope is in for a good surprise:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2