Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boy's Coach At East Ridge???
ERblue4ever Wrote:15tthRegionSlamaBamma, last year was the first year Pikeville had ever beaten ER in basketball since the school has been opened. Funny thing Coach May was the coach during those defeats and now he is a Pikeville assistant. Top Flight school and don't be jealous.

How many times did Pikeville beat East Ridge last year? Or better yet, how many times did East Ridge get beat last year?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
ERblue4ever Wrote:15thRegionSlamaBamma, Er lost 2 Seniors whom didn't contribute a whole lot. They were young and their Junior Varisty team was very good. They Beat that Johnson Central Junior Varisty that everybody talked so much about on here last year, saying that nobody in the region could beat them. ER's JV lost 2 games last year to go with the returning players on the varisty. ER went 3-0 against Pikeville in camp this summer and yes they had all of their players.

I know that you bleed baby blue but now you are making stuff up. Pikeville and ER only played one game this summer. It was at ER and ER did win by 4 or 5 points. The final score was in the 20's. Pikeville had just played a game at Elkhorn City just minutes before this game. Robert Boyd and Daniel Harmon did NOT play for Pikeville and the Mullins kid was out for ER. So I wouldn't put much stock in that scrimmage. Pikeville and ER will have great games next season as usual but I wish you would quit being so biased and start looking at things in a realistic manner. You are a great fan for the Warriors but when you start digging up JV games and summer games you are getting desperate. You are starting to embarrass yourself!!! Good Luck to ER next year and I hope you guys get a quality coach and one that has as much character as Denny Paul may!!!
ERblue4ever Wrote:15tthRegionSlamaBamma, last year was the first year Pikeville had ever beaten ER in basketball since the school has been opened. Funny thing Coach May was the coach during those defeats and now he is a Pikeville assistant. Top Flight school and don't be jealous.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!
ERblue4ever Wrote:JD if you don't know sports you shouldn't discuss anything on here. If you do name the last team to go to state in Boy's Basketball in Pike County besides East Ridge and Shelby Valley???

I know more about ER and Pike County than you think I do or you probably ever will.

There is a hiring freeze on in the county right now, and the best person for the job, Matt Mercer, will probably be principle.

I highly doubt Randy McCoy gets the job, because of his past, the reasons he left PC, and he is not as well liked over there in some circles as most think.

But I have been wrong before.

i could care less where May is now lol that is not the point the point is ER is coming off a season where they blew up after such great season and yes i said that they had great seasons...But its so difficult when you have a young team which has came from a background that sint that great with May....This is why they need a coach like McCoy who can turn them around from last season...They need someone with experience and the knowlege not a young coach who is going to be there for 13 years they need someone to get the team back on track considering they were derailed last season that is my point but ur Baby Blue stained glasses choose to argue instead of taking my opinion as a good one....
I think that Randy McCoy will be ER's next head coach....I thoughtthat he would be when he started showing up at practices and subbing last year. Just MHO.
BUT there is another guy that I've heard about that might be interested, Joey Thacker...he was an assistant to Coach McCoy at Elkhorn.

~One more thing....I think Coach May will do great at Pikeville as an Assistant Coach, he has proven himself as a great assistant--he just wasn't ready (I guess) for 'head coach'. Regardless, we're glad to see him moving on....and wish him the best!!
pretty good point on the May situation there ERCF...he does prepare kids at the JV level very well but at the Varsity level just has never had that style of coaching IMO
Randy McCoy is an assistant at Letcher Central and I have also heard that he is the front runner for the Hazard Job.
No...McCoy is not an assistant at Letcher Central...nor will he be...that would not be a good fit for either side.
Breaking News, rumor has it that expanther head coach Kevin Garris will apply for the job. We should have just made a trade May for Garris but East Ridge would of probally had to throw in a couple of football players to go with May.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Breaking News, rumor has it that expanther head coach Kevin Garris will apply for the job. We should have just made a trade May for Garris but East Ridge would of probally had to throw in a couple of football players to go with May.

I thought there was a hiring freeze in Pike County schools? If so, how can he get the job?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I think that Matt Mercer will get the Principals's job at East Ridge and then they will hire an assitant principal which could be Kevin Garris and then he could get the coaching job. If you don't know the hiring procedures within the school system you don't need to comment and you can put a freeze on it.
Confusedhh:
May and football players for Garris?? Garris better be careful if he does take the job....because it won't be long until some of the ER supporters that post on here will turn on him too..let it go man...Coach May is no longer at ER...if Garris DOES come...he won't be there long either...you may trade him for a hunting dog...or an car...
Things have change in Pike County. The BOE is trying to find someone. First Mecoy was never even mentioned because of past things. I do know that some people from the Valley have been asked to take the job but turned it down. To bad because ERs program would have been turned around. Dont be surprised the new coach will be someone outside of the county.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Warlock, your school even won a regional championship? See you at the regional tournament this upcoming season. Maybe you can buy a ticket and sit in our section and see our new coach.
:1:

Not only has my school won a regional championship, but we also have a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP under our belt. When do you think East Ridge will get one of those?
Hootie, what do you mean the East Ridge program would be turned around.The school has been opened four years and they have two district and a regional championship. Last year was their first losing season under coach May and since he has joined the Pikeville program which hasn't had a winning season since????????????
:dontthink
it dont matter
ERblue4ever Wrote:I think that Matt Mercer will get the Principals's job at East Ridge and then they will hire an assitant principal which could be Kevin Garris and then he could get the coaching job. If you don't know the hiring procedures within the school system you don't need to comment and you can put a freeze on it.
Confusedhh:
Garris is Elementry PE and isn't even close to having a principal certificate. You are the one that is always wrong on here. Do your homework!!!
bballfan, you need to do your homework. Kevin just finished his principalship. I guess you are preparing for the thomping Henry Clay is going to lay on your kitty cats.
ERblue4ever Wrote:bballfan, you need to do your homework. Kevin just finished his principalship. I guess you are preparing for the thomping Henry Clay is going to lay on your kitty cats.

I am really confussed, what does Pikeville and Henry Clay playing football have to do with East Ridge getting a new basketball coach? But on the basketball note, ERblue4ever, do you think East Ridge basketball would be better off if Kevin got the job instead of DPM being back there for another year if he didnt leave?
GREAT question Basketball Only!!!!!!! I don't ER BLUE cares who it is as long as it wasn't Coach May....possibly an axe to grind??
ERblue4ever Wrote:bballfan, you need to do your homework. Kevin just finished his principalship. I guess you are preparing for the thomping Henry Clay is going to lay on your kitty cats.

No, he didn't just get his principalship. You have been mis-informed. The word I am getting is that no one wants to come and coach at Lick Creek. Must be sad times Yeast Ridge High!!

And yes, I am already prepared for the thumping that the 4A Blue Devils will put on our 1A Panthers. I can't wait for the game. It will be real a real high school football showdown...something you haven't seen yet in ER football history!! I hope someone wakes me up after the ER game so I can see the Pikeville-HC battle!!
This thread is getting retarded. I believe in standing behind your school but if you are going to make a point, make it with facts. DPM is gone, I'm glad, yay, but no one knows who will be head coach next year and maybe they will have a hard time finding someone but no big deal. As far as calling a school a name like "Yeast Ridge" how old are you exactly? 10? Be adults about it and stay on the topic that was created and answer the question asked. It doesn't matter how many tournaments you have won in the past, what you went over the summer against whoever, where Denny Paul is now, and etc. Answer the question posed, try to respond with facts and knowledge to the best of your ability and be adults. We don't run this sites from men and BOYS to come in here and fight like 4 year old little girls over who was in line first for the sucker. Act your age and be respectful of other members, other schools, teams, players, and coaches. If you are in high school and want to sit here and argue all day long about who has the better team, get out on the court and help your school out. If you are an adult and want to sit here and bicker with teenagers then take a step back and look at how immature it makes you look. Preseason football and football season is hard enough on us but preseason basketball and we are already crying over this winter? Suck it up fellas.

I think East Ridge is having a difficult time finding a coach because it is not a very attractive coaching job... There is good community support there, but the location and talent level make the job not so appealing to many coaches out there. I'm sure there are some people (cough... Randy McCoy... cough) that would like to have the job, but the question is, do they want him?
thetribe Wrote:This thread is getting retarded. I believe in standing behind your school but if you are going to make a point, make it with facts. DPM is gone, I'm glad, yay, but no one knows who will be head coach next year and maybe they will have a hard time finding someone but no big deal. As far as calling a school a name like "Yeast Ridge" how old are you exactly? 10? Be adults about it and stay on the topic that was created and answer the question asked. It doesn't matter how many tournaments you have won in the past, what you went over the summer against whoever, where Denny Paul is now, and etc. Answer the question posed, try to respond with facts and knowledge to the best of your ability and be adults. We don't run this sites from men and BOYS to come in here and fight like 4 year old little girls over who was in line first for the sucker. Act your age and be respectful of other members, other schools, teams, players, and coaches. If you are in high school and want to sit here and argue all day long about who has the better team, get out on the court and help your school out. If you are an adult and want to sit here and bicker with teenagers then take a step back and look at how immature it makes you look. Preseason football and football season is hard enough on us but preseason basketball and we are already crying over this winter? Suck it up fellas.
Good post....
First post and it's interesting. Heard that former Johnson Central coach Les Trimble was being considered for the East Ridge job. All the way from the 57th district. Interesting stuff. Anyone know anything about this??? Where was he last year???
Lawrence Co.
If I hear anything then I will let you all know. I am usually one of the first with East Ridge related news but so far all I know is that Randy McCoy was at East Ridge during the last semester and did some substituting. I personally hope that he doesn't get the job because he isn't even someone that deserves to be in a school system. I know why he isn't at Pikeville College anymore and his attitude in the classroom was something that people were uncomfortable with. He did nothing while there either, he would actually leave the class and step outside to use his cellphone, whatta guy.

The location isn't ideal, no, but it WAS central location as far as the three schools go. Whoever gets the coaching position there has the oppurtunity to live as far away as Pikeville and it still not be a horrible job. Matt Mercer drives it daily from Cedar Greek, Ralph Kilgore lives 10 tune closer to Shelby Valley than he does East Ridge but still drives it, and teachers come from far and wide so the new coach would have an oppurtunity to purchase a house in a number of places if wanted.