Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Boy's Coach At East Ridge???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody have any ideal who is going to be the new coach at East Ridge? Coach Denny Paul May accepte a job in the Pikeville Independent School System Friday (July14, 2006). I believe in the administration and he will be assistant basketball coach.:letsparty
Great coach/guy going to a great school..I think he will be a plus to both the school system and the basketball program.
Great addition to a Panther staff that was already first class. Williams' continues to surround himself with quality people! Welcome aboard D.P. May!!!
Question is: Who WANTS the job??
Hoops Lover Wrote:Question is: Who WANTS the job??
I think it will become apparent very soon who is interested.
Randy McCoy?? He has wanted every job in eastern Kentucky.
Seems like we already ahve some jealous and afraid fans to whom might get the East Ridge Coaching position. ER-44 PCC-42 remember.
Just a fallout of the new Super.
Jealous and afraid of what??
JD if you don't know sports you shouldn't discuss anything on here. If you do name the last team to go to state in Boy's Basketball in Pike County besides East Ridge and Shelby Valley???
ERblue4ever Wrote:JD if you don't know sports you shouldn't discuss anything on here. If you do name the last team to go to state in Boy's Basketball in Pike County besides East Ridge and Shelby Valley???

I think it will be Randy McCoy as the head coach at East Ridge. But my question is this. What does this question have to do with this thread?
Warlock, it doesn't have nothing to do with this thread, but why are you worried about East Ridge and Randy McCoy and I knew you didn't know the answer. Some people need to worry about thier own.
Actually, I am not worried about East Ridge. I just expressed my opinion. So you asked one question about a Pike County school. Maybe if I lived in Pike County I would have an answer to that question. I can say this, Paintsville has won more state titles than any Pike County school.
Hey guys...if you throw your opinions out there for all to read you surely don't expect everyone to agree with you...DO YOU??
I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But after reading the rules and such, I don't see what kind of question ERblue was asking had to do with anything about a new coach at East Ridge. But to answer his question, I would imagion it would be either Feds Creek, or Elkhorn City. I just wanted to point out to ERblue that not everyone on here is from Pike County.
For what it's worth....and I am not sure what it has to do with this thread but the last Pike Co. team to go to the Sweet 16 besides ER or SV was Pikeville in 1999.
Warlock, did you forget that Belfry won back to back 2A state championships in football and Pikeville's three state championships? Inez has won more state championships in basketball than anybody in the 15th region. They won the state championship in 1941 & 1954. bballfan, seems like you are the only one on here thats up to date with sports in the 15th region and not worried about who gets the coaching job at East Ridge.
I don't know how we got into state titles on this. East Ridge would be an excellent job for a coach. Great facilities and from what I have seen they have an excellent following. I would think that maybe somewhere the name of Rowe would be mentioned with the job.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Warlock, did you forget that Belfry won back to back 2A state championships in football and Pikeville's three state championships? Inez has won more state championships in basketball than anybody in the 15th region. They won the state championship in 1941 & 1954. bballfan, seems like you are the only one on here thats up to date with sports in the 15th region and not worried about who gets the coaching job at East Ridge.

My bad ERblue, I thought that because this was a basketball thread and not football or baseball, that it didnt count in here. When did anyone say they was worried about who would get the coaching job at East Ridge? I just threw in my two cents on a name that I thought would get it. But belive it or not, I am not worried about East Ridge. There is not a chance that they will win the 15th next year. To many other schools have more talent than East Ridge.
Warlock, your school even won a regional championship? See you at the regional tournament this upcoming season. Maybe you can buy a ticket and sit in our section and see our new coach.
:1:
ERblue4ever Wrote:Seems like we already ahve some jealous and afraid fans to whom might get the East Ridge Coaching position. ER-44 PCC-42 remember.

honestly is this the only comeback for ER fans jesus christ come on ppl...It comes up every freaking time...IMO ER nor PC will have the team, depth or skill to make it that far this year...I actually hope McCoy gets the job he is a great coach and can turn teams around...But good luck to ER and to who ever their new coach is...
15thRegionSlamaBamma, how you get this program needs to be turned around? The school has been in existence for four years and last year was the first year they missed the regional tournament.Two district championships and a regional crown. Randy McCoy would make a good coach at East Ridge because he is a local guy.
I did not say that ER needed to be turned around i said he can turn teams around...In a sence from last season this team is going to need to undergo MANY changes...Alot of these underclassmen are coming from a background where they did not have the best coach in the world...That is my point...Also IMO where you are stating about the district champs and crap means nothing if it wasnt last year...Last year ER got beat first round of district thats what you need to look at ERblue...They end the year 12 and 14 with a five game losing streak ending their season against Pikeville (12 and 16) who had previously beat them by eleven once and by like eight in the other meeting...Thats what you need to look at...oh and may i add that 10 of the 14 losses were by double digits...
15thRegionSlamaBamma, Er lost 2 Seniors whom didn't contribute a whole lot. They were young and their Junior Varisty team was very good. They Beat that Johnson Central Junior Varisty that everybody talked so much about on here last year, saying that nobody in the region could beat them. ER's JV lost 2 games last year to go with the returning players on the varisty. ER went 3-0 against Pikeville in camp this summer and yes they had all of their players.
Ok and your point is u just said they lost 2 players who did nothing for them last year so are you saying that there is going to b another 12 and 14 season lurking around the corner for the all mighty Warriors...Summer ball is not going to tell you much considering last year ER beat Pikeville and look at what happens...ER drops 14 games...You know they have alot of improving from last year just admit it and stop being so biased for once thats whats wrong with the ER faithful they give no critisim to their school...They are like gods over that way...
h
ERblue4ever Wrote:15thRegionSlamaBamma, Er lost 2 Seniors whom didn't contribute a whole lot. They were young and their Junior Varisty team was very good. They Beat that Johnson Central Junior Varisty that everybody talked so much about on here last year, saying that nobody in the region could beat them. ER's JV lost 2 games last year to go with the returning players on the varisty. ER went 3-0 against Pikeville in camp this summer and yes they had all of their players.

What was East Ridges overall record after summer camp? What other teams did they beat or got beat by?
Thread needs to get back on topic
Go Shelby Valley
So did Randy get the job at East Ridge
15tthRegionSlamaBamma, last year was the first year Pikeville had ever beaten ER in basketball since the school has been opened. Funny thing Coach May was the coach during those defeats and now he is a Pikeville assistant. Top Flight school and don't be jealous.
Pages: 1 2