Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP poll 9/19
Gummie Bear Wrote:Knox Central has only played 1-2 in state schools, so they are not factored equally into this equation.

Rankings mean squat diddly anyway Hatz, you sound like a titletownclown, go back to Boyle threads.

Why are you alwys hating on Eastern KY schools?

Funny, the thread says AP rankings, not Harlan County Love Fest.

:eyeroll:

As to rankings don't mean anything, I can dig that. How many state titles in total are in the trophy case of the schools that made up Harlan County? I think those of us from titletown know rankings aren't what count, hardware does.
Buddy Ryan Wrote:So if they won why didn't they at least stay at #11???????

I think a lot of it has to do with how they won (OT), vs how the other teams won. You see a lot of people saying you can't or shouldn't drop in the rankings as long as you win, and you should always drop if you loose. This might apply to the top couple of teams, but for the rest it simply comes down to how the team performs compared to how they were expected to perform against the competition.

This past week, Madisonville, Franklin-Simpson, and Lone Oak all performed better than what most people expected. This was multiple weeks in a row for all three teams, and they're starting to be rewarded for it. North Oldham performed a bit below what was expected (even though this was a rivalry game), which made room for the three teams above.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As long as I have seen Hatz post I can say he doesn't "hate on EKY schools" as much as he hates on EKY fanbases who like to chirp a bit excessively.

Big difference.

:Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As long as I have seen Hatz post I can say he doesn't "hate on EKY schools" as much as he hates on EKY fanbases who like to chirp a bit excessively.

Big difference.

What kind of chirping? I don't understand.
What Blackbear fan is excessively celebrating?

Even though rankings don't mean a whole lot, I agree with them for mostly. Should Harlan County be ranked 1 or 2 in 5A, prolly not. Is a ranking from 3-5 warranted, absolutely. Is #6 a disgrace, no. It is early still for computer rankings.

Is HC any good, absolutley. Are we a contender, sure.

Find me a HC fan who goes overboard about HC being #1, I cannot think of any, all of us on here are pretty level headed and only get defensive when our back is against the wall trying to support our team and our schedule that everyone wants to attack, even though it was considered tough in the preseason.
There is no excessive chirping.

Bowling Green and John Hardin are really good, everyone knew that in the preseason and they have showed it. Harlan County, Anderson County and Franklin County were also supposed to be bery good preseason but Anderson County hasn't looked too impressive and Franklin County has not played anyone either but they haven't beat them to death either. HC has played and beaten everyone to death early in the game, allowing younger guys to play. Warren Central and Christian County are also very good but only 1 of 4 can advance to the State game in the west and Christian County got smoked all the way home by HHS and Harlan County played them pretty good actually and did not get steamrollled.

I just dont see why folks get up in arms when the BBN talks good about our team. We are not being cocky, we are a good team regardless of who weve played. I think that showed last year beating every district opponent by 40 or 50 points it seemed like.
This 6 class thing is ridiculous. Trinity is #1, Highlands is #2, Bowling Green is #3, John Hardin is #4... I don't even live in KY, but I follow the best talent and best teams. There seems to be quite a few good teams up there with a lot of disparity amongst each class.
Gummie Bear Wrote:What kind of chirping? I don't understand.

Even though rankings don't mean a whole lot, I agree with them for mostly. Should Harlan County be ranked 1 or 2 in 5A, prolly not. Is a ranking from 3-5 warranted, absolutely. Is #6 a disgrace, no. It is early still for computer rankings.

Find me a HC fan who goes overboard about HC being #1, I cannot think of any, all of us on here are pretty level headed and only get defensive when our back is against the wall trying to support our team and our schedule that everyone wants to attack, even though it was considered tough in the preseason.

Bowling Green and John Hardin are really good, everyone knew that in the preseason and they have showed it. Harlan County, Anderson County and Franklin County were also supposed to be bery good preseason but Anderson County hasn't looked too impressive and Franklin County has not played anyone either but they haven't beat them to death either. HC has played and beaten everyone to death early in the game, allowing younger guys to play. Warren Central and Christian County are also very good but only 1 of 4 can advance to the State game in the west and Christian County got smoked all the way home by HHS and Harlan County played them pretty good actually and did not get steamrollled.

I just dont see why folks get up in arms when the BBN talks good about our team. We are not being cocky, we are a good team regardless of who weve played. I think that showed last year beating every district opponent by 40 or 50 points it seemed like.

Good post. I agree with every word.

Last year's District Schedule and results:

Whitley County 41-27 (14 points)
Letcher County Central 39-8 (31 points)
North Laurel 42-16 (26 points)
Perry County Central 50-7 (43 points)
Clay County 39-14 (25 points)

Only once did the Bears win by "40 or 50 points."

That's chirping.

FWIW, I say again, I think the Bears are good enough to get to the finals and hope they do. I have great respect for Coach Larkey who is a proven winner everywhere he is at and hope Harlan County wins it all. (My father was born in Harlan County in 1939 so there is sentiment for the teams there)
Hatz does not hate on EKY teams. He most of the time tells it like he see's it........Unless it involves a black and gold team!!! j/k

Harlan Co. is about were they need to be. They have 3 big games to prove if they belong. KC which is down some this year. PCC playing really good and Bell Co. IMO is improving everyday.

Da Bears have time to prove themselves. So far with their schedule they have proved very little.
Hatz Wrote:Last year's District Schedule and results:

Whitley County 41-27 (14 points)
Letcher County Central 39-8 (31 points)
North Laurel 42-16 (26 points)
Perry County Central 50-7 (43 points)
Clay County 39-14 (25 points)

Only once did the Bears win by "40 or 50 points."

That's chirping.

FWIW, I say again, I think the Bears are good enough to get to the finals and hope they do. I have great respect for Coach Larkey who is a proven winner everywhere he is at and hope Harlan County wins it all. (My father was born in Harlan County in 1939 so there is sentiment for the teams there)

You call what that chirping and I call what you wont leave alone harassing.

I mean did you read the entire sentence, I said it seemed like we won by 40-50 points each game, not that we actually did.

Just like your last post, it is like you want to find something to throw back at and you won't leave it alone.

Ask our opponents last year if they were in the game ever once. Other than WC, no other team was close, it was nasty and the JV played alot. WC also got a big dose of points on them in the playoffs. It isn't being chirpy it is bening honest. The Bears were really good last season and it showed by the physical play they exhibited each week against their opponents. Once again I respect each team in the district but last year none played close and could've scored a bunch more other than the 1st WC meeting.
Just my 2 cents:

Birds Chirp
Bears Growl
Gummie Bear Wrote:You call what that chirping and I call what you wont leave alone harassing.

I mean did you read the entire sentence, I said it seemed like we won by 40-50 points each game, not that we actually did.

Just like your last post, it is like you want to find something to throw back at and you won't leave it alone.

Ask our opponents last year if they were in the game ever once. Other than WC, no other team was close, it was nasty and the JV played alot. WC also got a big dose of points on them in the playoffs. It isn't being chirpy it is bening honest. The Bears were really good last season and it showed by the physical play they exhibited each week against their opponents. Once again I respect each team in the district but last year none played close and could've scored a bunch more other than the 1st WC meeting.

Honesty is found in the scores above. There is a big difference to "seems like 40 or 50" when the margin is acutally an average for victory was 26 points. Far cry from "40 or 50". Facts are Facts and "could haves and should haves" are not.

BTW, the five district teams only showed two with winning records. So dominating them was not that big of an accomplishment. Having a better showing against Bell County would have been greater.

Again, I hope Harlan County takes it all but the truth is until they go out and beat state title/contender teams - then they have nothing to bank on as to "how great they are."

BTW, I'm not against EKY teams. Have a lot of respect for Bell County because they've played with the best and won before. Same with a Belfry among others. Hope I can add Harlan County to the list at the end of the season. :Thumbs:
laker20 Wrote:Just my 2 cents:

Birds Chirp
Bears Growl

Confusednicker:

Funny. :Thumbs:

let bring you back to earth harlan county has not play no one dunbar is down this year so you cant make the claim that your team has played harder teams then anderson and franklin county and 34-6 is a pretty one sided game and least on the scorebroad
thedealer12 Wrote:Class 5A
Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs
1. Bowling Green (17) 5-0 187 1
2. John Hardin (1) 4-0 166 2
3. Christian Co. 5-0 142 3
4. Warren Central 5-0 131 4
5. Franklin Co. 5-0 93 6
6. Harlan Co. (1) 4-0 89 5
7. Perry Co. Central 5-0 86 7
8. Lou. Jeffersontown 4-0 73 8
9. Anderson Co. 3-1 23 9
10. Woodford Co. 4-0 19 10
Others receiving votes: 11, Ohio Co. 10. 12, Conner 9. 13, East Jessamine 8. 14, Pulaski Co. 5. 15, North Hardin 3.

^
Harlan Co. 6th?? very surprising

They havent played anyone worth anything.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They havent played anyone worth anything.

i argee
rebel 4 life Wrote:let bring you back to earth harlan county has not play no one dunbar is down this year so you cant make the claim that your team has played harder teams then anderson and franklin county and 34-6 is a pretty one sided game and least on the scorebroad

R u serious?

Right when I was about to make peace with Hatz you come and take that post out of context and think that I was tooting HC's horn? Seriously wake up, constant harassment is why no one wants to discuss anything worth a darn.

Take yourself and your almighty schedule that your school has and leave it us alone with your attitude. GOSH O MIGHTY ALREADY...:lame:

What did I say that made you think I had HC in outerspace?
I said Anderson has played no one, got beat by Bryan Station who is not good.
The score of the Mercer game was not too convicning and they are not good.
Lincoln and Shelby are not that good either, so...

Franklin County has not played anyone either and while they scored a bunch of points their only competition that I can by is their close game with Letcher who is not state contenders prolly. So HC had a tough schedule at the beginning of the season and now that some their opponets have lost tough games to good comeptition and have bad records it looks like HC has not played anyone. Well they havnt played St X but what does it matter when you take care of business in dominating fashion?

Who has bell county played bellbobcat09? No one any better and guess what, it doesn't matter either because Bell will be good regardless.
TongueirateShoSeems like a lot of hoopla for nothing. The best team in the mountains is defiantly BELFRY PIRATES. They will win 3A this season and Haywood will be the winingest coach in KY. History. IMO the pirates would have bear and bobcat for evening dinner.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Hatz does not hate on EKY teams. He most of the time tells it like he see's it........Unless it involves a black and gold team!!! j/k

Harlan Co. is about were they need to be. They have 3 big games to prove if they belong. KC which is down some this year. PCC playing really good and Bell Co. IMO is improving everyday.

Da Bears have time to prove themselves. So far with their schedule they have proved very little.
Regarding the "KC is down some this year" comment? How do you figure that a program before the last 3 o 4 years had never thought about being ranked in the top 10 in any poll and this year they are 4-1 (ranked 8th in AP poll) with their only loss coming to 7th ranked Perry Central in a tight game? Is down some this year. They have a solid team with some dangerous talent and an up an coming young coach! I believe you are just preparing yourself to come back this weekend after HC gets a good solid win and say they still havent proved anything yet! IMO if the Bears take care of business and play football like they are capable of everyone will begin to see some of the top notch, physical football that could take them a long way this year!
left tacckel #65 Wrote:TongueirateShoSeems like a lot of hoopla for nothing. The best team in the mountains is defiantly BELFRY PIRATES. They will win 3A this season and Haywood will be the winingest coach in KY. History. IMO the pirates would have bear and bobcat for evening dinner.
Thats a lot of talk considering how The Pirates got embarrassed last year in the state finals by Louisville Central?? and they have much of their talent back!! I will give you that Belfry has great tradition and has made the mountains very proud with their playfor a long time under Phillip Haywood, but I believe I would slow down their a little bit pal until they at least get past Bell later on which is very questionable? then at least put up a good fight against Central if they can get there? And that is a BIG IF
Hatz Wrote:Funny, the thread says AP rankings, not Harlan County Love Fest.

:eyeroll:

As to rankings don't mean anything, I can dig that. How many state titles in total are in the trophy case of the schools that made up Harlan County? I think those of us from titletown know rankings aren't what count, hardware does.
Hats,I'm not trying to be a smarta-- or anything but when you walk into the main lobby at HC there are glass cases that have the helmets of all the county school's that eventually made up HC and one of them is Lynch East Main.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Hats,I'm not trying to be a smarta-- or anything but when you walk into the main lobby at HC there are glass cases that have the helmets of all the county school's that eventually made up HC and one of them is Lynch East Main.

From '59 to '71,4 state titles and 4 runner-ups.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Thats a lot of talk considering how The Pirates got embarrassed last year in the state finals by Louisville Central?? and they have much of their talent back!! I will give you that Belfry has great tradition and has made the mountains very proud with their playfor a long time under Phillip Haywood, but I believe I would slow down their a little bit pal until they at least get past Bell later on which is very questionable? then at least put up a good fight against Central if they can get there? And that is a BIG IF
Though I do not support the views of the post which you are referring to:

You still may want to check out what the 3A bracket would look like before taking such an aggressive stance as this.
Central is clearly the class of 3A. Any Pirate fan, or mountain football fan who doesn't think so, is mistaken. Central returns almost their entire team off last years dominating team.

All of that said, Belfry started a lot of Soph's on D last year and had a less dynamic offense. Both LB's are now Jr's with experienced and improved size/speed. The secondary is faster.

Still, Central is by and away the #1 team in 3A, and IMO a top 8 team in the state.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Hats,I'm not trying to be a smarta-- or anything but when you walk into the main lobby at HC there are glass cases that have the helmets of all the county school's that eventually made up HC and one of them is Lynch East Main.

You're not being a smart a at all. I asked a question and you gave me the answer. That's what I wanted to know. :Thumbs:
The truth is our Bears will have plenty of chances by season's end to prove themselves, totally agree in that area. Everybody wants to compare teams who havent played head to head this season yet by comparing schedules and common opponents. With this formula, this score comparison jumped out at me. Bell Co 32 Lafayette 26... Harlan Co 48 PLD 20.... Lafayette 27 PLD 18. And before all of Bobcat country starts the "we've blown HC out both years", I am NOT stating we are in the same category or better than Bell, that will be settled on down the road. The PLD/ Lafayette score surprised me as Bell had to battle back to beat Lafayette earlier this season. Good luck to ALL the mtn teams tonight! God bless!

Big difference.

Amen :rockon:
How accurate are these polls really? I think that is why we have the playoffs.
:hilarious:
Gummie Bear Wrote:R u serious?

Right when I was about to make peace with Hatz you come and take that post out of context and think that I was tooting HC's horn? Seriously wake up, constant harassment is why no one wants to discuss anything worth a darn.

Take yourself and your almighty schedule that your school has and leave it us alone with your attitude. GOSH O MIGHTY ALREADY...:lame:

What did I say that made you think I had HC in outerspace?
I said Anderson has played no one, got beat by Bryan Station who is not good.
The score of the Mercer game was not too convicning and they are not good.
Lincoln and Shelby are not that good either, so...

Franklin County has not played anyone either and while they scored a bunch of points their only competition that I can by is their close game with Letcher who is not state contenders prolly. So HC had a tough schedule at the beginning of the season and now that some their opponets have lost tough games to good comeptition and have bad records it looks like HC has not played anyone. Well they havnt played St X but what does it matter when you take care of business in dominating fashion?

Who has bell county played bellbobcat09? No one any better and guess what, it doesn't matter either because Bell will be good regardless.

:lmao:Bell County has played Lexington Catholic and that better then anyone you play
I hope harlan co over looks anderson co if they meet in the playoffs.they will be in for a rude awakening.anderson had one bad opening game over looked b station and station is not a bad team this year.so dont think they are a cream puff almost all returned from last year .just ask j-harden group about last year game.anderson is a very good team!:dontthink
It's so very entertaining to see how sensitive people get over this meaningless rankings. :thatsfunn