Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Casey County
Prestonburg
Rocky Top Wrote:Casey Co doesn't have the horses to compete with P-burg.Sorry Casey,Cats by 20.

That's just it...many of P-burg's horses have pulled up lame.

Blackcat fans are gonna need to ratchet down the expectation level a bit and give the young players filling spots a chance to adjust to varsity speed.

This is a huge challenge to the coaching staff. With Jamerson and Anderson out for extended periods, the offense won't be able to stretch the field as it has in recent past. Defenses will probably double up on Williams. That makes Griffith very important in a possession passing game. And yes, Jarrell will be forced to grow up quickly.

Garner's loss puts a big hole in an already not-as-strong-as-expected defensive front and there's no real way to fill it until a young player grows into the position.

I -hope- the staff has found someone to kick extra points because the P-burg offense is ill-suited for goal-line situations (2 pt. conversions). That would be true even if everyone were healthy. The lack of a real power game hurts us there a lot. Collins is strong, but he can't seem to break the habit of straightening up and hesitating just before contact with the first man in the hole (like a juking halfback). It turns 1-2 yd. gains into no gains or small losses - a KILLER in short yardage. All it takes is keeping down and not hitting the tackler square on.

The coaching staff will need to put extra hours in this week...they've got a lot of answers to find...
oneijoe Wrote:That's just it...many of P-burg's horses have pulled up lame.

Blackcat fans are gonna need to ratchet down the expectation level a bit and give the young players filling spots a chance to adjust to varsity speed.

This is a huge challenge to the coaching staff. With Jamerson and Anderson out for extended periods, the offense won't be able to stretch the field as it has in recent past. Defenses will probably double up on Williams. That makes Griffith very important in a possession passing game. And yes, Jarrell will be forced to grow up quickly.

Garner's loss puts a big hole in an already not-as-strong-as-expected defensive front and there's no real way to fill it until a young player grows into the position.

I -hope- the staff has found someone to kick extra points because the P-burg offense is ill-suited for goal-line situations (2 pt. conversions). That would be true even if everyone were healthy. The lack of a real power game hurts us there a lot. Collins is strong, but he can't seem to break the habit of straightening up and hesitating just before contact with the first man in the hole (like a juking halfback). It turns 1-2 yd. gains into no gains or small losses - a KILLER in short yardage. All it takes is keeping down and not hitting the tackler square on.

The coaching staff will need to put extra hours in this week...they've got a lot of answers to find...

I had to comment on this post even tho i try not to and usually I like your post. There is only one thing in here that I will totally disagree with. I have played football since I was big enough to carry a ball and try to look at things all the way around on a footbal field. I can tell you that being a ball carrier is a lot different then people may see from the stands. For 1, the reason for all the ball carriers to be upright is to be able to cut to the open hole. Now I know a lot of poeple doesn't know what that means but like my coach has always said if there is no hole then you will not make the yards. Now watching this years team I know that the caoching staff does have their work cut out for them because on a lot of plays our offensive line misses, loses, of just refuses to do what they are suppose to do. Yes i know that it can be difficult but atleast some effort would help your backs to start running down hill. Kain has tried to put different running styles in his game because he can't just run everyone over each time he gets the ball. Even tho he is strong and runs hard, there are others out there that like our boys do work out too. Please don't take any offence to this post, I was wanting to also point that out. Also we all split the team up into multiple parts and not as a whole. Personally to me as a whole the only game I was the most disappointed in was the Belfry game. With some of the leaders out the team looked lost and really the blocking was abandoned but could have been some of the younger guys in, which I agree with like you said that they are going to need some time to get adjusted to the high school speed of the game. I also like how they use more weapons in the passing game no just loking to Joseph or Bryson, Giving them credit they are good athletes, but no team can key on just one player when the ball starts to get distributed around to multiple players. So once again no disrespect everyone has their own opinions. And yes if anyone who reads this I am Kain's Uncle. :biggrin:
I think Casey will keep the game close and if PBurg coaches, players, and fans expect Casey to just roll over they will be mistaken. Also put into account having to drive 3 hours everything is lining up for a good upset for Casey.
Prestonsburg will run away with this one...
oneijoe Wrote:That's just it...many of P-burg's horses have pulled up lame.

Agreed...

There has to be someone on that roster that can make extra points. Maybe give Chris Cook a chance. He's a big boy with some strong legs, he would be a good one for kicking extra points.

I thought that Aaron Griffith did a good job filling in for Garner on the offensive line against Belfry. I also agree that we should begin to start using Adam Griffith more on the short passes over the middle. He has good hands and showed that in the first game against Perry. Jarrell does need to grow up quick, because he has to become a playmaker for the Blackcat offense.

I do like the idea of giving some of the freshman some playing time, because getting them up to varsity speed this early in the season will pay off late in the season when some of the upperclassmen need a break for a few plays.
Roadrunner_24 Wrote:I had to comment on this post even tho i try not to and usually I like your post. There is only one thing in here that I will totally disagree with. I have played football since I was big enough to carry a ball and try to look at things all the way around on a footbal field. I can tell you that being a ball carrier is a lot different then people may see from the stands. For 1, the reason for all the ball carriers to be upright is to be able to cut to the open hole. Now I know a lot of poeple doesn't know what that means but like my coach has always said if there is no hole then you will not make the yards. Now watching this years team I know that the caoching staff does have their work cut out for them because on a lot of plays our offensive line misses, loses, of just refuses to do what they are suppose to do. Yes i know that it can be difficult but atleast some effort would help your backs to start running down hill. Kain has tried to put different running styles in his game because he can't just run everyone over each time he gets the ball. Even tho he is strong and runs hard, there are others out there that like our boys do work out too. Please don't take any offence to this post, I was wanting to also point that out. Also we all split the team up into multiple parts and not as a whole. Personally to me as a whole the only game I was the most disappointed in was the Belfry game. With some of the leaders out the team looked lost and really the blocking was abandoned but could have been some of the younger guys in, which I agree with like you said that they are going to need some time to get adjusted to the high school speed of the game. I also like how they use more weapons in the passing game no just loking to Joseph or Bryson, Giving them credit they are good athletes, but no team can key on just one player when the ball starts to get distributed around to multiple players. So once again no disrespect everyone has their own opinions. And yes if anyone who reads this I am Kain's Uncle. :biggrin:

I knew you would come out of hiding on that one LOL..........
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Agreed...

There has to be someone on that roster that can make extra points. Maybe give Chris Cook a chance. He's a big boy with some strong legs, he would be a good one for kicking extra points.

I thought that Aaron Griffith did a good job filling in for Garner on the offensive line against Belfry. I also agree that we should begin to start using Adam Griffith more on the short passes over the middle. He has good hands and showed that in the first game against Perry. Jarrell does need to grow up quick, because he has to become a playmaker for the Blackcat offense.

I do like the idea of giving some of the freshman some playing time, because getting them up to varsity speed this early in the season will pay off late in the season when some of the upperclassmen need a break for a few plays.
Agreed.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I think Casey will keep the game close and if PBurg coaches, players, and fans expect Casey to just roll over they will be mistaken. Also put into account having to drive 3 hours everything is lining up for a good upset for Casey.

I for one (of i'm sure many) do NOT expect Casey to just roll over. Everything about this match up says upset in my opinion. We are missing 3 key starters on offense & defense & add to it the 3-4 hour drive.
Personally, not knowing much about Casey, with the key players missing i dont know if it would be much of an upset if P'burg where to lose.
Good luck to both on an injury free game.
Hail Blackcats!!!!!!!!!
Prestonsburg should have no problem winning this game!

Prestonsburg - 30

Casey Co. - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^ Hope your right.
leecoukfan Wrote:Prestonsburg should have no problem winning this game!

I fear you could be right, but I'm hoping Casey can pull this out. They've been the doormat for a lot of teams over the past few years and have a nice start to the season. Just hoping they can keep the football program moving forward.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I knew you would come out of hiding on that one LOL..........

HaHaHa..... You knew I couldn't resist that one. :lmao:
Roadrunner_24 Wrote:I had to comment on this post even tho i try not to and usually I like your post. There is only one thing in here that I will totally disagree with. I have played football since I was big enough to carry a ball and try to look at things all the way around on a footbal field. I can tell you that being a ball carrier is a lot different then people may see from the stands. For 1, the reason for all the ball carriers to be upright is to be able to cut to the open hole. Now I know a lot of poeple doesn't know what that means but like my coach has always said if there is no hole then you will not make the yards. Now watching this years team I know that the caoching staff does have their work cut out for them because on a lot of plays our offensive line misses, loses, of just refuses to do what they are suppose to do. Yes i know that it can be difficult but atleast some effort would help your backs to start running down hill. Kain has tried to put different running styles in his game because he can't just run everyone over each time he gets the ball. Even tho he is strong and runs hard, there are others out there that like our boys do work out too. Please don't take any offence to this post, I was wanting to also point that out. Also we all split the team up into multiple parts and not as a whole. Personally to me as a whole the only game I was the most disappointed in was the Belfry game. With some of the leaders out the team looked lost and really the blocking was abandoned but could have been some of the younger guys in, which I agree with like you said that they are going to need some time to get adjusted to the high school speed of the game. I also like how they use more weapons in the passing game no just loking to Joseph or Bryson, Giving them credit they are good athletes, but no team can key on just one player when the ball starts to get distributed around to multiple players. So once again no disrespect everyone has their own opinions. And yes if anyone who reads this I am Kain's Uncle. :biggrin:

Hope you took what I said in the spirit intended...

Please don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching your nephew running the ball. He runs as hard as anyone I've seen carry the rock. And yes, sometimes there is no hole to run through. Was just making a point when that's the case and it's a -short yardage- situation, a fullback should try to go through the tackler's arms - not stop to look for a different hole.

:Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:Hope you took what I said in the spirit intended...

Please don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching your nephew running the ball. He runs as hard as anyone I've seen carry the rock. And yes, sometimes there is no hole to run through. Was just making a point when that's the case and it's a -short yardage- situation, a fullback should try to go through the tackler's arms - not stop to look for a different hole.

:Thumbs:

Totally agree. I haven't seen him run like that but will be watching so I can point it out to him. I also think that in a short yard situation instead of trying to spread the field line up man to man and put a fullback in for blocking purposes. Heard that there was a special formation that was put in but we never have seen it. Don't want to give away any formations because i don't know if they are saving it for something special, but I know of it being more suited for these power plays that we are discussing. Don't worry not being defensive I just pick my places here and there. Like #1 said he knew I would come out of hiding on that one. Love football, and the spirit goes with it and some healthy convo about the game we love is always a plus. :Cheerlead here's to hopefully a Blackcat win and hopefully a state championship.
Who will be kicking for the blackcats considering Jamerson is out?
Casey Co.
P'Burg
Casey Co. hasn't had much success as a football program but this team has some kids that are some good football players. #10 runs the ball hard and #54 is all over the field. Casey really doesn't have much depth, so that will be the main advantage PBurg has. Maybe they will blow Casey off the field but I look for Casey to put up a fight in this one.
Roadrunner_24 Wrote:Totally agree. I haven't seen him run like that but will be watching so I can point it out to him. I also think that in a short yard situation instead of trying to spread the field line up man to man and put a fullback in for blocking purposes. Heard that there was a special formation that was put in but we never have seen it. Don't want to give away any formations because i don't know if they are saving it for something special, but I know of it being more suited for these power plays that we are discussing. Don't worry not being defensive I just pick my places here and there. Like #1 said he knew I would come out of hiding on that one. Love football, and the spirit goes with it and some healthy convo about the game we love is always a plus. :Cheerlead here's to hopefully a Blackcat win and hopefully a state championship.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHConfusedhh:
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Casey Co. hasn't had much success as a football program but this team has some kids that are some good football players. #10 runs the ball hard and #54 is all over the field. Casey really doesn't have much depth, so that will be the main advantage PBurg has. Maybe they will blow Casey off the field but I look for Casey to put up a fight in this one.

Depth is the issue with Prestonsburg right now too...more so than usual. Prestonsburg usually only has about 30 or so players, and Coach Derossett is kinda like Coach Calipari...he usually has a very limited rotation of players on the varsity level that get playing time. That experience is a plus come playoff time, but if the injury bug bites the Blackcats...it can get ugly.

Prestonsburg has been remarkably injury free for the past 3-4 years. They lost MLB/TE Alex Griffith for about 3 games last year to a knee injury, but aside from that, they have been pretty fortunate in the injury department.

Let's hope this year's wave of injuries is simply an aberration, and not a sign of how the rest of the year is going to go, because the Blackcats simply have no depth.
I heard today that the cheerleaders werent even going.what a shame we need the support.
Its my understanding the cheerleaders are going
Here's to an injury free,hard fought game. I still say Blackcats by 10.