Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper 17 Campbell County 0
^ yes they do. They certainly are a model of success.
nky Wrote:just curious with all this talk..........didn't both teams play on this field Friday night?

Fair

It's not that it's an excuse, just not expected. I don't think any of us expected to see what we saw once we got there. A good team finds a way to adjust. I was reading in the Cov Cath / Boone thread that Cov Cath was slowed down because of the conditions. It's OK to say that the conditions affect you when you did not plan for them.

The Camels practiced on an all grass field all week without issues. No puddles, no poor footing. It was just not considered that Cooper's field was in the condition that it was in. So, when the Camels saw it, they needed to make a decision to change the game plan that you prepared for all week or go with what you know best. With an experienced team and coaches that know their personell better, you can do that. With a young team and coaches that are still learning what their players capabilities are, they just didn't have the plan put together to make the changes necessary needed.

My confidence in Lickert will ensure that this does not happen again. He will ensure that his team is prepared.

So, no excuses. Hats off to the Jaguars for winning the game. Their quarterback is fun to watch!
I guess some people are supprised Im not saying Cooper did anything to there field, but I remember when I played Beathitt we went down there and it hadnt rainned at all but there field look like a tonado came through and top that Breathitt was still watering it down. It took us out of the game mentally from players to coaches the coaches didn't stop talkig about it from beginning to the end. After that my thought is as a coach you have to be ready for all situations.