Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cooper 17 Campbell County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
congrats to Cooper
I don't want to talk about it! Well, really there is nothing to talk about....
9/9/2011
Cooper 17 Campbell Co. 0

Campbell Co. 0 0 0 0 0
Cooper 0 14 0 3 17
Scoring summary:
Coop--Tyler Morris 14 run (Michael Hollifield kick); Coop--Morris 7 run (Hollifield kick); Coop--Holliefield 24 field goal.
Records: Cooper 1-3, Campbell Co. 0-4

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1XXRsVqEY
Stardust Wrote:I don't want to talk about it! Well, really there is nothing to talk about....

know the feeling on this Saturday morning
Is there a win in the Campbell County schedule? I didn't expect this at all.
^ Really going to be tough. Conner can be beaten if you stop their running QB. But that was the ingredient that beat the Camels this week. I have to expect though that the Camels can put points on the board. From what I heard from a few players yesterday, the footing at Cooper was terrible, something that the Camels were not expecting and not prepared for.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Is there a win in the Campbell County schedule? I didn't expect this at all.

Nope!:ChairHit:
Congrats Cooper
Stardust Wrote:^ Really going to be tough. Conner can be beaten if you stop their running QB. But that was the ingredient that beat the Camels this week. I have to expect though that the Camels can put points on the board. From what I heard from a few players yesterday, the footing at Cooper was terrible, something that the Camels were not expecting and not prepared for.

I don't think their field had been mowed for over a week. It was horrible. It also is quite interesting the Campbell County game field was in perfect condition yesterday for the JV game. I think all of NKY saw rain and to me it does not make sense on how WET (poor conditions) the Cooper field was in.
The field was bad, very bad. The Defense still gave up too many big plays for my liking and certainly did not do a great job of tackling. But I do not think this team is as bad as the 0-4 record that they have. Conner is a winnable game.

I think that if the Camels can run a balanced offensive attack, they will be in good shep.
CTCX_14 Wrote:I don't think their field had been mowed for over a week. It was horrible. It also is quite interesting the Campbell County game field was in perfect condition yesterday for the JV game. I think all of NKY saw rain and to me it does not make sense on how WET (poor conditions) the Cooper field was in.

CC's is not the high school soccer field either. Cooper's field also has soccer games played on it. In fact the four days leading up to the game there were nine games played on it.
IAM22 Wrote:CC's is not the high school soccer field either. Cooper's field also has soccer games played on it. In fact the four days leading up to the game there were nine games played on it.

It still could have been mowed and the girl's game on Wednesday was canceled. That field was in terrible shape and there was plenty of grass on it which is a positive for the amount of games played on it but I have no idea why there was so much standing water on it. If you saw CC's field yesterday it did not even look like it rained where on Cooper's field it looked like it poured right before the game started.

I am sorry but where do you get there were 9 games on the field in the 4 days leading up to the football game? If I look on the KHSAA website these were the games of the soccer teams (boys & girls):

September 6
Boy's Soccer @ Gallatain Co
September 8
Boys Soccer @ Cov Cath

Were either one of these games moved to Cooper? Like I said previously, the girl's game which was suppose to be played on Wednesday against Campbell County was canceled.
- How could soccer games have been played on that field anyhow? The grass was so tall that a soccer ball wouldn't move.
To me this is funy people upset about the field I wasn't there, but I know back in the day home teams would do this to slow the other team down. I have seen both CC and Cooper play this year and I would have thought this would have been a bigger advantage to CC since they are bigger and could run #18 Tyler Durham all day behind there line, so instead of thinking of the field we need to ask ourselves why the coach didn't line up in I formation and run the ball down hill with #18. Control the game and maybe you see a different outcome. After saying that I thought take away coopers QB\RB #7 and CC wins easy, not a hard game plan for the D of CC soaked field or not.
walking tall Wrote:To me this is funy people upset about the field I wasn't there, but I know back in the day home teams would do this to slow the other team down. I have seen both CC and Cooper play this year and I would have thought this would have been a bigger advantage to CC since they are bigger and could run #18 Tyler Durham all day behind there line, so instead of thinking of the field we need to ask ourselves why the coach didn't line up in I formation and run the ball down hill with #18. Control the game and maybe you see a different outcome. After saying that I thought take away coopers QB\RB #7 and CC wins easy, not a hard game plan for the D of CC soaked field or not.

Ummm - they did! And they went NO WHERE! Durham had the ball in his hands more than half the plays in the game!

This is not an excuse that the field kept CCHS from performing, it was an excuse that the field should never have been in as bad of shape as it was for either team to play on.
I would say it was pretty evenly distributed. The Camels did attempt to run the ball, however they did gameplan to pass this week. They were caught by surprise in the fact that the field was as wet as it was. After practicing on solid footing (on grass), they did not expect to go to Cooper and see the field as bad as it was. I was on the sideline friday night and the field was sloshing. It was more like we got 3" of rain instead of 3/4". It just seemed odd. I won't make it as an excuse. As for Tyler Durham, he did get plenty of opportunities to run the ball. He seemed to miss his reads and ran into tacklers. The footing kept him from running through defenders like he usually does, but that's an adjustment he will learn, instead of putting his head down, cut it to the outside.
walking tall Wrote:To me this is funy people upset about the field I wasn't there, but I know back in the day home teams would do this to slow the other team down. I have seen both CC and Cooper play this year and I would have thought this would have been a bigger advantage to CC since they are bigger and could run #18 Tyler Durham all day behind there line, so instead of thinking of the field we need to ask ourselves why the coach didn't line up in I formation and run the ball down hill with #18. Control the game and maybe you see a different outcome. After saying that I thought take away coopers QB\RB #7 and CC wins easy, not a hard game plan for the D of CC soaked field or not.

I am not making it an excuse I am just curious about how a field could be in that bad of shape after having no games being played on it during the week.

Like stardust said, Durham had the ball probably half of the time and went nowhere.
Wow I wasn't there, but if he couldn't run then I would say it might have affected the way he ran or the line play stuggled. I know for sure that kid is a man amoung boys. The one thing I did notice when I did see him was he is more of a linebacker then a runner with his size and speed maybe a Division 1 type kid, don't know his work ethic.
The other part of my post was I Formation so I guess the question is did they run it that way or out of the shot gun. Running the ball in a formation like you would in short yardage. I don't know if they even have this in their offence. I know they didn't expect the field condition.
^ No, there has not been an I in the Camels offensive for as long as I can remember and that's three coaches worth. I was not at the school when Corson was there, but I don't think that something that the Camels have ran in a long, long time.

As for Tyler, his style was not going to work Friday night. Friday was a night that you had to have a low center of gravity and balance. I think they will be OK this week offensively against Conner. It's our defense that worries me more than anything else at this stage.
CTCX_14 Wrote:It still could have been mowed and the girl's game on Wednesday was canceled. That field was in terrible shape and there was plenty of grass on it which is a positive for the amount of games played on it but I have no idea why there was so much standing water on it. If you saw CC's field yesterday it did not even look like it rained where on Cooper's field it looked like it poured right before the game started.

I am sorry but where do you get there were 9 games on the field in the 4 days leading up to the football game? If I look on the KHSAA website these were the games of the soccer teams (boys & girls):

September 6
Boy's Soccer @ Gallatain Co
September 8
Boys Soccer @ Cov Cath

Were either one of these games moved to Cooper? Like I said previously, the girl's game which was suppose to be played on Wednesday against Campbell County was canceled.

From what I understand there was a make up games on two days. So it was six games.

It poured down rain in Burlington/Union/ Hebron from 4 till 5 on Friday. Now the field was not good no doubt.
They could have also had freshmen and jv soccer games. Instead, Campbell just makes excuses. What a joke. This thread and the Campbell fans excuses about the field tells me all I ever needed to know about Campbell Co. Camel football. They've never been relevant and will continue to be a joke with this type of mindset.
just curious with all this talk..........didn't both teams play on this field Friday night?
I hate to knock the Camels, and I always root for them. I just don't understand how come they can never take a few steps forward.
Wideleft01 Wrote:They could have also had freshmen and jv soccer games. Instead, Campbell just makes excuses. What a joke. This thread and the Campbell fans excuses about the field tells me all I ever needed to know about Campbell Co. Camel football. They've never been relevant and will continue to be a joke with this type of mindset.

nky Wrote:just curious with all this talk..........didn't both teams play on this field Friday night?

No, there have been no excuses. The Camels flat out got beat. I don't think you have seen anyone say that the game would have had a different outcome have you? It's certainly not that other fans of other programs have had things to complain about - it's OK to complain. No excuses, it's no knock on Cooper. Let the Cooper fans cheer about their win, Camel fans don't have to do that for them! So don't add commentary to what others have said by trying to say what was NOT said.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I hate to knock the Camels, and I always root for them. I just don't understand how come they can never take a few steps forward.

Baseball has taken steps forward. Basketball has taken steps forward. Will football? We'll give the new system with a new coach the chance to prove that they can. Has the administration changed enough to let the programs advance properly? Well, with the advent of a new sports complex, it looks like that direction is headed north. If all these programs go backwards from this point forward, then I guess it's back to square 1 - AGAIN!
Stardust Wrote:Baseball has taken steps forward. Basketball has taken steps forward. Will football? We'll give the new system with a new coach the chance to prove that they can. Has the administration changed enough to let the programs advance properly? Well, with the advent of a new sports complex, it looks like that direction is headed north. If all these programs go backwards from this point forward, then I guess it's back to square 1 - AGAIN!
Have to have hope for the future
^ It's been a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGG time coming. As I said, if it doesn't change, then change just may not make it out here. To be passed up by Brossart in virtually every sport should be embarrassment enough, and that is by no means a knock on the Mustangs. They are an example of doing most every thing the RIGHT way. Dedication, discipline and support are the examples that Brossart has taught and for a school that it four times the size of them, the Camels best get things turned around or Brossart will buying that property and running Campbell county out!
Stardust Wrote:^ It's been a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGG time coming. As I said, if it doesn't change, then change just may not make it out here. To be passed up by Brossart in virtually every sport should be embarrassment enough, and that is by no means a knock on the Mustangs. They are an example of doing most every thing the RIGHT way. Dedication, discipline and support are the examples that Brossart has taught and for a school that it four times the size of them, the Camels best get things turned around or Brossart will buying that property and running Campbell county out!
Although the Camels beat the Lady Stangs in volleyball yesterday
But for a small school Brossart does something right in sports
Pages: 1 2