Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands v. Mason County 9/16
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:Why not? Highlands is one of the top programs in the state, who wouldnt want to get a chance to play them? Its just going to help Mason when district rolls around.

I was looking at it as "Why" from Highlands standpoint. Highlands gets nothing out of this game except padded stats like Johnson Central and a chance to get someone hurt.
Highlands big..
Wideleft01 Wrote:I was looking at it as "Why" from Highlands standpoint. Highlands gets nothing out of this game except padded stats like Johnson Central and a chance to get someone hurt.

Highlands could really pad their stats against anyone they play. If Mueller wanted to pad stats Patrick Towles would break nearly every (one year) high school passing record in the state. It ain't gonna happen. Mason is generally a pretty competitive team and had a Mr. KY Football candidate playing for it before he was injured.
Who is in HHS district?
Stardust Wrote:Who is in HHS district?

Covington Catholic
Holmes
Harrison County
Pendleton County
HHS names the score.
Well if Lexington Lafayette can put up 50 points on Mason Co. Highlands should put up about 120 pts????
MASON CO FTL!!! lol highlands takes this one with no problem!
Well, whoever agreed to this one from Mason County must have a big head! This is rediculous IMO! This could be a running clock in the 1st quarter! I'm thinking that the Highland Varsity plays the 1st Quarter, JV plays the 2nd Quarter and the Freshman play the 2nd Half!

Highlands - 70

Mason Co. - 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
i would hate to see the highlands and Pendleton game that will be ugly
Highlands with ease
highlands gets to 5-0 this week easily.
Will the Birds play soft tonight at the risk of getting injuries? Offensively, I hope we get to see McCoy at the helm to start the game....
leecoukfan Wrote:Well, whoever agreed to this one from Mason County must have a big head! This is rediculous IMO! This could be a running clock in the 1st quarter! I'm thinking that the Highland Varsity plays the 1st Quarter, JV plays the 2nd Quarter and the Freshman play the 2nd Half!

Highlands - 70

Mason Co. - 0
I'm sure, at the time, it looked like a good game to agree to. Mason County has a UK commit (Josh Harris), as well as Highlands having one (Patrick Towles). With Harris, they would have been competitive for a half, without him, Highlands rolls from the 1st qtr on. Running clock sometime in the 2nd qtr, MAYBE 3rd qtr early.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Will the Birds play soft tonight at the risk of getting injuries? Offensively, I hope we get to see McCoy at the helm to start the game....

No, they won't play soft. Offensively, they may work on some things in the run game or TE screen passes, but will not play soft. If any of the O-Line are knicked up any (I have no idea if any are), then you might see someone else in the starting rotation, but there have been a lot of guys getting reps, so all is well.

Doubt that you will see McCoy starting the game. From past experiences in games that look like tonight's, first team will play all of the first half to get their work in. As to who plays QB in the second half, I will eagerly await your report from the game.:Thumbs:
Thunder 44 Wrote:No, they won't play soft. Offensively, they may work on some things in the run game or TE screen passes, but will not play soft. If any of the O-Line are knicked up any (I have no idea if any are), then you might see someone else in the starting rotation, but there have been a lot of guys getting reps, so all is well.

Doubt that you will see McCoy starting the game. From past experiences in games that look like tonight's, first team will play all of the first half to get their work in. As to who plays QB in the second half, I will eagerly await your report from the game.:Thumbs:

U can bet on that, Thunder.
PHSForever Wrote:I'm sure, at the time, it looked like a good game to agree to. Mason County has a UK commit (Josh Harris), as well as Highlands having one (Patrick Towles). With Harris, they would have been competitive for a half, without him, Highlands rolls from the 1st qtr on. Running clock sometime in the 2nd qtr, MAYBE 3rd qtr early.

Disagree. Highlands would dominate with or without Harris.
Gold Charger Wrote:Disagree. Highlands would dominate with or without Harris.

My feeling as well.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Will the Birds play soft tonight at the risk of getting injuries? Offensively, I hope we get to see McCoy at the helm to start the game....

I do not look for McCoy to play QB. I was told he is more athletically able to play different positions than Drew and will probably continue to play at another position rather than QB next year and Drew will play QB. Drew is showing very good ability to play QB, but was told he can't really excell at other positions, so expect him to stay at QB.
bigugly325 Wrote:highlands gets to 5-0 this week easily.

This one counts DOUBLE!!!???:biglmao:
They've only played three times to this point. They had an early bye.:biggrin:
Highlands in a blowout