Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western@Highlands
RepeatRings Wrote:I have to disagree, Western is far from the level of Central or BStation a couple of years ago. The Birds will need to man up the D to stuff the run.

The Birds at home is a winner.

I think you're right and I hope you're right. We saw several of the Western players at the Trinity scrimmage. They definitely have some size based on the players we saw. Western's schedule to this point is somewhat suspect, but I didn't expect trouble out of Central or BS in past years. Or Withrow last year, for that matter. Past experience won't let me overlook this kind of game. I'll remain guardedly optimistic.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I think you're right and I hope you're right. We saw several of the Western players at the Trinity scrimmage. They definitely have some size based on the players we saw. Western's schedule to this point is somewhat suspect, but I didn't expect trouble out of Central or BS in past years. Or Withrow last year, for that matter. Past experience won't let me overlook this kind of game. I'll remain guardedly optimistic.

Fair enough Digger, keep the faith.
RepeatRings Wrote:Fair enough Digger, keep the faith.

Starting the season with Ballard , Male , Highlands , & Louisville Central is suspect ?
One thing that really impressed me last week was Towles short passing game. He was on the money. Is this part of the Bluebird game due to Collinsworth's influence or does Mueller feel this aspect of the offense is necessary against teams like Cov. Cath?
Highlands 35-15.
Highlands total yardage record from last week will be in jeopardy of being broken this week.
NCC41 Wrote:Highlands total yardage record from last week will be in jeopardy of being broken this week.

Can't call myself an expert on Western, but I'm not seeing this happening. Dixie wasn't anywhere close to being ready for that game, something that I blame on a combination of things, injuries, less than usual talent, and all involved losing interest after a lousy start. By all accounts, Western is a top 10 team in 4A. That alone will likely allow them to play with more fire than we saw last week.
toussaints Wrote:Western will give Highlands 3 quartes of tough football before Highlands wears them out.

How many players does Western have going both ways?
Coachdad Wrote:Starting the season with Ballard , Male , Highlands , & Louisville Central is suspect ?

Read the quotes "suspect" of shedule was not my post, Dad. But this season Ballard and Male look to be down. But we will see... coach them up this week.
RepeatRings Wrote:Read the quotes "suspect" of shedule was not my post, Dad. But this season Ballard and Male look to be down. But we will see... coach them up this week.

I've seen Male play this year and they would not beat Dixie IMO.
With the possible exception of Elder at the Pit, no opponent will hold Highlands under 40 points. Each of their district games will be downright ugly, and that quite possibly could include the CovCath game. The only way to beat Highlands this year would be in a shootout, in the neighborhood of a 56-49 score, which is not going to happen with their stout defense.

Back to the game tomorrow night, vs. Male last week Western (who won 18-3) stacked the box with 7 or 8 defenders, which is likely a recipe for disaster against Highlands. After watching the film of the HHS-Dixie game, I'd suspect Western will try a different approach. My crystal ball says Highlands 55-Western 12