Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Western@Highlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have to say I know nothing about Western other than they are suppose to be in the top 5 in 4A. Highlands already beat the second ranked team (Boyle) handily, so it will be a fun game to see how Western stacks up. It is a fun year to get to see some new teams making their way to DCM stadium.
Would love to hear some Western fans talk about their team (who are your star players, what type of O do they run, strengths on D, ect.)
I don't know much about Western either, except that they beat Ballard and Male on the road. I expect them to be a tough contender in 4A come playoff time if they keep up this trend. I don't think they will have enough to win on the road again this week though.

Highlands 31 Western 17.
We ran into several Western players at the Trinity scrimmage. Against Ballard, Western looked big and beefy. A couple of players go both ways. Their coach whipping his towel around should be a crowd pleaser. Birds should hang half-a-hundred on them.
RepeatRings Wrote:We ran into several Western players at the Trinity scrimmage. Against Ballard, Western looked big and beefy. A couple of players go both ways. Their coach whipping his towel around should be a crowd pleaser. Birds should hang half-a-hundred on them.

Big and Beefy? I take that to mean slow, and Highlands is built on speed.
Highlands-48
Western-21
Highlands - Easy
Western is VERY athletic and dangerous, but I think Highlands will win this one.
highlands-28
western-16
Highlands easy
Highlands
Highlands wins again and stay undefeated.
By all accounts, Western is a very, very good football team. Having said that, it is unlikely that it is on the same level as Highlands right now. But we'll find out soon enough. That's why they play the game.
Bump in the road who's next
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:highlands-28
western-16

If it's within 12, I'll quit posting on BGR!

For 2 hours!
Western will give Highlands 3 quartes of tough football before Highlands wears them out. Western is a good football team, but Highlands is great.

Highlands- 38
Western- 14
Teams like this make me think of Bryan Station and Central teams of years past. True, Highlands won those games, but they went right down to the wire. This one could be the same way.:popcorn:
Highlands by 21.

Good luck to both teams.
Birds uncaged in this one. I say, put in Colin Seidl, he's fun to watch.
^ For a little guy, he's awesome! Ty was short, but he was not as short as Colin was he?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Teams like this make me think of Bryan Station and Central teams of years past. True, Highlands won those games, but they went right down to the wire. This one could be the same way.:popcorn:

yes, bryan station hung around till the end about 4 years ago. I think this hhs team is legit, up there with '98, '00, and '09. They will beat western by 4 or 5 TDs most likely. I think next real games are Cov Cath and Elder. Dont really see anyone else hangin for more than a quarter.
birdman44 Wrote:yes, bryan station hung around till the end about 4 years ago. I think this hhs team is legit, up there with '98, '00, and '09. They will beat western by 4 or 5 TDs most likely. I think next real games are Cov Cath and Elder. Dont really see anyone else hangin for more than a quarter.

Elder I'd agree with, but I'd still pick Western as a more potentially dangerous opponent than CovCath. Too many defensive questions for the real Colonels, unless someone is SERIOUSLY sandbagging. The emotion involved in the series is what always makes me wary of CovCath.
Highlands 42 western17,
Can you dig it? Wrote:Elder I'd agree with, but I'd still pick Western as a more potentially dangerous opponent than CovCath. Too many defensive questions for the real Colonels, unless someone is SERIOUSLY sandbagging. The emotion involved in the series is what always makes me wary of CovCath.

CCH impressed me. Especially with Elliott done for the season, CCH is the 2nd best team in NKY. But, they are a far placed #2
Highlands-49
Western-21
Highlands-54
Western-28
Highlands gets this one by 4 td's, Western is athletic but I don't think they have enough discipline on D to keep it close.
birdman44 Wrote:yes, bryan station hung around till the end about 4 years ago. I think this hhs team is legit, up there with '98, '00, and '09. They will beat western by 4 or 5 TDs most likely. I think next real games are Cov Cath and Elder. Dont really see anyone else hangin for more than a quarter.

Birds have quite a way to go and some areas definitely need improvement before I can agree with the bolded. Hopefully at the end of the year, I will be in agreement though.
Stardust Wrote:CCH impressed me. Especially with Elliott done for the season, CCH is the 2nd best team in NKY. But, they are a far placed #2

I was at the CCH/Dixie game and CCH's D did not impress me. They were slow and very poor coverage on WR's. CCH might score on HHS(their RB's and QB looked pretty good), but no way are they going to score more than Highlands.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Teams like this make me think of Bryan Station and Central teams of years past. True, Highlands won those games, but they went right down to the wire. This one could be the same way.:popcorn:

I have to disagree, Western is far from the level of Central or BStation a couple of years ago. The Birds will need to man up the D to stuff the run.

The Birds at home is a winner.
Highlands
Pages: 1 2