Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central RB Tim Smith - Junior Highlight Film
Real Badman Wrote:PCCfail.

What I meant too say was....Tim was trying to get signed to play football this upcoming season at UVA-Wise.
Foxtrot Wrote:So much inconsistency with the KHSAA. But, each kid has different circumstances. I have been told there is an obscure rule about being homeless that allows a kid an additional year of eligiblity. Does anyone know anything about it?

Yes, there is a rule about being homless and several here are aware of the homeless situation. It was used last year at one of the schools in basketball, but no one from PC was screaming about it. Jealousy is an ugly thing. And all things posted here are not true. Rumors, Rumors, Rumors.
Don't worry hawk fans. If KHSAA rules him inelligible, then you guys can just go get a court injunction. The KHSAA is a joke.
Dudes, Central fans are of course going to have a positive outlook on this kids situation, and other fans are probably going to have a negative outlook on it. It's not going to change.

When I first opened this thread I was going to ask where the kid was from, like which middle school. Thought the name was familiar. Personally, when I watched him play last year he looked overrated, big time. But that might be because Valley just sucked. He liked to dance around alot in the backfield, but again, that happens alot with a bad line.

His style of play, damn fast, should go great with Central's offense. If he does get to play, I'm going to have to make a trip up there to watch them.
Honestly, when I head about Tim transfering to Pike Central I was thinking how in the hell will he be eligable. To be honest everyone especially my PC faithful I really dont think he can be. Even if he was out of school a year the rules do state that he would not be eligable. However, there is the appeals process even though in the situation i do not think they apply since no injury caused his missing of a season it was a personal choice. If he does then thats great even though I dont think he's that great of a back. He would ad some flair out of the back field to open up some options for the read option that PC runs and screens. Question is how is he at pass blocking thats where you need him to excel and then be open for a dump pass to get Alan out of trouble. Good luck to him I hope he does however, currently I have to side with everyone else I dont forsee him becoming eligable.
5keydet6 Wrote:Don't worry hawk fans. If KHSAA rules him inelligible, then you guys can just go get a court injunction. The KHSAA is a joke.

Eligible or not, I feel they are a joke and someone needs to pop a lawsuit on then to have the whole organizaton dismantled. It is just a matter of time, wait and see.
I can't see how he can possibly be ruled eligible, but we are talking about the KHSAA. If anyone remembers Bobby Leffew from Boyle County, he was given basically a red-shirt year after blowing out his knee. Leffew was cleared as a 5th Year Senior and returned to lead Boyle to a State Championship and earn a scholarship to Louisville in the process.

I hate to see a kid be deprived of the opportunity to earn a scholarship over circumstances that were out his control. With that said, how can you justify a 5th year of eligibility when he just played his Senior season elsewhere? If he petitioned for last season to be his Junior Year I could understand and certainly would agree that he should have been granted an additional year. Going after an additional season retroactively is a completely different scenario though.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I can't see how he can possibly be ruled eligible, but we are talking about the KHSAA. If anyone remembers Bobby Leffew from Boyle County, he was given basically a red-shirt year after blowing out his knee. Leffew was cleared as a 5th Year Senior and returned to lead Boyle to a State Championship and earn a scholarship to Louisville in the process.

I hate to see a kid be deprived of the opportunity to earn a scholarship over circumstances that were out his control. With that said, how can you justify a 5th year of eligibility when he just played his Senior season elsewhere? If he petitioned for last season to be his Junior Year I could understand and certainly would agree that he should have been granted an additional year. Going after an additional season retroactively is a completely different scenario though.

great post...exactly what I was meaning to say but you just have such a better way with words EKU. Leffew is a great example BTW one I had forgotten all about and shouldn't have.