Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
34.48%
Sheldon Clark
65.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Sheldon Clark 11/12
The weather is supposed to cooperate with us tonight, so I would think that there would be a great SC crowd.

I also think SC will win this one!
The Cards played one of the hardest schedules in the mountains. They will be an extremely tough out for Russell. I look for the Cards to win this one because it is at home, they are a solid team, they are playoff conditioned and are very well coached.
SC
FBALL
BGR Staff

Russell offered to split the gate if the games were played at Henry R. Evans stadium and Raceland refused. They have said they will not continue the series with Ashland unless it is home and home either. I think both Russell and Ashland should tell them its been nice knowing ya and see if they can find a better game to prepare them and make money off of. I don't them Rams could.

How is this for whining. I wouldn't play on 3/4 of a field. Yes Russell is too good for that. For that matter so is Raceland. Hopefully that is being rectified.

What a load of crap about Russell not having a big fullback. Russell has never had a traditional fullback.

You still think its a load of crap?
Regardless of the outcome, I hope that both teams come out injury free. I'll be in attendance to see my nephew play for Russell tonight.

Any clue where the officiating crew is from tonight?
charliez Wrote:You still think its a load of crap?

I don't know what any of that has to do with this game against SC.
FBALL Wrote:Last time I can remeber Russell playing at SC was back in the early to mid 80s. SC was not very good then. I don't think the field had picked up a Nick name yet.

Not a very good memory. Sheldon Clark has been a power in football, almost on inception. Has Russell even beaten Sheldon Clark? That would be a good trivia question. SC has been lucky to have great coaches. Chuke Williams, Jim Matney, Sean Hager.

To the guy that wanted to know if the Rock was the name of the field. Yes it is. It's been named that for over 15 years. It got it's name legit, the field had a lot of rocks in it. Nevertheless, the field has turf now. Looks really good.
ole man in the mountain Wrote:Not a very good memory. Sheldon Clark has been a power in football, almost on inception. Has Russell even beaten Sheldon Clark? That would be a good trivia question. SC has been lucky to have great coaches. Chuke Williams, Jim Matney, Sean Hager.

To the guy that wanted to know if the Rock was the name of the field. Yes it is. It's been named that for over 15 years. It got it's name legit, the field had a lot of rocks in it. Nevertheless, the field has turf now. Looks really good.

According to the article in the Daily Independent, Russell won all the meetings between the two schools until SC beat Russell in the playoffs two years ago.
http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...e-long-way
Jarons Wrote:According to the article in the Daily Independent, Russell won all the meetings between the two schools until SC beat Russell in the playoffs two years ago.

The article was right about that being the first SC win between the two. It was wrong about being two years ago. It was last year.
Good luck Sheldon Clark.

SC - 27
Russell - 20
Jarons Wrote:According to the article in the Daily Independent, Russell won all the meetings between the two schools until SC beat Russell in the playoffs two years ago.

This is the funniest post on the board yet. First, that guy (in your article) says that Russell beat Sheldon Clark when Sheldon Clark begin their team. Once at Sheldon Clark and once at Russell.

The first time they beat Sheldon Clark, Sheldon Clark didn’t have a varsity team. Only a freshmen team. So, if they beat SC with their varsity, I wouldn’t brag on that. I have to check to see if that’s true.

The first year in SC football history. Sheldon Clark, had no varsity team. Sheldon Clark couldn’t go to the playoffs, even if they were undefeated. The second year, I think Sheldon Clark had a varsity, although I will have to check to see if Russell beat them in 1982.

Sheldon Clark beat Russell within the last five years. So, if this is true, and it is, that makes Sheldon Clark and Russell tied at 1-1.

Next, whoever corrected this article is laughable. Wooden Bridge? What! What wooden bridge is he talking about? That is totally bull. Anyone that knows anything about Sheldon Clark, knows this isn’t true.

As for walking a half a mile down the black top in their cleats to get to the field. Bull. Totally bull. The school is straight across the road from the field. Two lanes, so that will not measure a half a mile. Utterly, false. The only thing that he got right, is that teams, dressed at the school. Walked across the road to the field.

I have to find the history to see the win total. All I know is my nephew, cousins played in the first game ever at Sheldon Clark. It was the freshmen team. They played other varsity teams, but wasn’t allowed to go to the playoffs, regardless, because they had no varsity team.

If I’m right and Russell has only one win against SC varsity. Then the tie breaker will be tonight.
This post is true. I don’t know who placed that bull in that paper, but they have a great imagination.

ole man in the mountain Wrote:Not a very good memory. Sheldon Clark has been a power in football, almost on inception. Has Russell even beaten Sheldon Clark? That would be a good trivia question. SC has been lucky to have great coaches. Chuke Williams, Jim Matney, Sean Hager.

They used to be in the same district and the first time Russell ever lost to SC was last year. That's what I got out of the Ashland independent.
I thought maybe for a minute, I was too you to remember a wooden bridge in Inez. There use to be a swinging bridge behind the old middle school which use to be the old highschool long before the 80's, but never one that a bus could have driven across. Also, I think the field has always been where it is at now as far back as I can remember. You are right. You just walk across two lanes out of the highschool parking, lot which is small, and you are at the field. I think this person is totally confused.
Ole man it looks like your imagination may be running wild as well.

Russell leads the series 5-1.

1981 Russell 33 Sheldon Clark 0
1982 Russell 33 Sheldon Clark 12
1983 Russell 28 Sheldon Clark 8
1984 Russell 41 Sheldon Clark 8
1993 Russell 20 Sheldon Clark 0
2009 Sheldon Clark 36 Russell 14
2010 ????????
I do believe that wooden bridge was at Man WV. He was right about the bridge but had the wrong school.
FBALL Wrote:Ole man it looks like your imagination may be running wild as well.

Russell leads the series 5-1.

1981 Russell 33 Sheldon Clark 0
1982 Russell 33 Sheldon Clark 12
1983 Russell 28 Sheldon Clark 8
1984 Russell 41 Sheldon Clark 8
1993 Russell 20 Sheldon Clark 0
2009 Sheldon Clark 36 Russell 14
2010 ????????

Not that I doubt your word, but have you got a link that I can go too. I would prefer to see that for myself. Not that it's not true.

Those are the first years Sheldon Clark played, plus, SC played two years non varsity, not just one. Does Russell count beating non varsity teams.

Sounds like they raise a flag down at Russell every time a chicken crosses the road without getting run over. I kinda under stand why Ashland and Greenup county gets annoyed by some down at Russell.

Sheldon Clark has a pretty good record 1990 to 2010. I can't find the 80's.

Sheldon Clark from 1990-1999. 75 wins 37 loses for 66.9%.
Sheldon Clark from 2000-2010. 76 wins 41 loses for 65%.

Not bad, and very steady. For 151 wins and 78 loses. I would call that tradition. Still I would like to find the 80's. If anyone could find them, I would appreciate it.

Anything can be written, like that junk that Maynard wrote in the paper. I can't believe the paper went along with that. No integrity whatsoever.

Russell is bad to gage their season on how close they hang to Ironton. Sound's like UK's little Brother, UL.
ole man in the mountain Wrote:Not that I doubt your word, but have you got a link that I can go too. I would prefer to see that for myself. Not that it's not true.

Those are the first years Sheldon Clark played, plus, SC played two years non varsity, not just one. Does Russell count beating non varsity teams.

Sounds like they raise a flag down at Russell every time a chicken crosses the road without getting run over. I kinda under stand why Ashland and Greenup county gets annoyed by some down at Russell.

Sheldon Clark has a pretty good record 1990 to 2010. I can't find the 80's.

Sheldon Clark from 1990-1999. 75 wins 37 loses for 66.9%.
Sheldon Clark from 2000-2010. 76 wins 41 loses for 65%.

Not bad, and very steady. For 151 wins and 78 loses. I would call that tradition. Still I would like to find the 80's. If anyone could find them, I would appreciate it.

Anything can be written, like that junk that Maynard wrote in the paper. I can't believe the paper went along with that. No integrity whatsoever.

Russell is bad to gage their season on how close they hang to Ironton. Sound's like UK's little Brother, UL.

Your an idiot. Chickens don't cross the road in Russell, I doubt anyone from Russell will give you any information.
Sheldon Clark only played one year of jv and Russell did beat us in 82 and 84. These are the years I can remember. In 84 it was a good building block after that game as we won our last seven games and beat Belfry 48-14.Man how time goes by so quick.See you tonight at the rock and pray for a injury free game,GO CARDS!!!!!!
Sheldon Clark by 15
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
rj99 Wrote:Sheldon Clark only played one year of jv and Russell did beat us in 82 and 84. These are the years I can remember. In 84 it was a good building block after that game as we won our last seven games and beat Belfry 48-14.Man how time goes by so quick.See you tonight at the rock and pray for a injury free game,GO CARDS!!!!!!
Not that I doubt you either, but we already have three different answers. Can you give me a link?

The Russell fan has us down 5-1 to Russell. You have us down 2-1 to Russell. I really don't know, but I think we had a Jr varsity for two years. So if you could give a link, I would like to see that, especially the 80's.