Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 47 Scott 13
A phsycic couldn't predict the score or winner of this game if we have the same officials from central Kentucky. I can understand the holding calls and illegal procedures because you can't see all those from the stands but it seemed every time JC got physical the flags would fly. I hope it don't turn into a flag football game.
JJ Jude is one of the premeire backs to come through the mountains in a long time. Kid has so much ability and is a blast to watch. I'm glad JC is having success. I have nothing but respect for coach Matney and the JC program.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I just noticed that you replaced your original post while I was responding to it. I hope that my response was an adequate correction. The "easy" adjective did not apply in your case, but you did predict a CovCath win based on the 41 points that JC surrendered to Scott, mostly after the game had long been decided. I will try to be more careful and not lump you in with some of your more arrogant fellow NKY fans in the future. :biggrin:

My point is that JC has now been to the regional finals three times and played Highlands as well as most teams that have played them in the playoffs and if memory serves JC also gave CovCath its best playoff game in 2006. In addition, JC easily defeated CovCath the past two seasons in playoff games, while beefing up its own schedule to include 4A powers Bell, Boyle, and Knox Central. Yet, several NKY posters repeatedly belittle Johnson Central's schedule in thread after thread. Johnson Central's program is not yet on Highlands' level but suggestions that it would not be competitive in the same district with Covington Catholic and Dixie ignore recent history.

You are absolutely right about them being able to compete in our district the past couple of years and I do not think you will find many HHS fans that would disagree (there are those goofballs who love to stir up the pot). I also agree JC is trying to beef up its schedule, but is room for improvement. I also believe most posters have agreed many times that JC has been our best 5A competition the last several years. I think the winner of the JC/Cov Cath game might be the best competition agian this year (all though I think BG would be a good game also).
sstack Wrote:You are absolutely right about them being able to compete in our district the past couple of years and I do not think you will find many HHS fans that would disagree (there are those goofballs who love to stir up the pot). I also agree JC is trying to beef up its schedule, but is room for improvement. I also believe most posters have agreed many times that JC has been our best 5A competition the last several years. I think the winner of the JC/Cov Cath game might be the best competition agian this year (all though I think BG would be a good game also).
I agree on all counts. The BG-Christian County outcome will be a pretty good indicator on how strong the teams from the west are. It is really impossible to compare teams from different regions until some common opponents are thrown into the mix. I believe that the JC-CovCath game will be much closer than it was in the past two years but I don't think CovCath is the only team that has improved since last season. JC has a very experienced backfield and its first team defense has been playing very well. Coach Matney has been criticized by fans around the state for playing Hall and Jude so much in games that had already been decided but both are in great game shape as a result. I don't think that they are going to cramp up or collapse from fatigue regardless of how many minutes they log in this game.