Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. 45 Southwestern 0
When your getting beat bad, people let down. Turnovers ruin movement of the ball, if Sw doesnt turn it over it's a close game, Whitley wasnt 45 points better....The game was a self destruction for the Warriors. after being down 19 to 0, effort was lost.
leecoukfan Wrote:OUCH! Captain Backdoor informed me that SW had 9 turnovers in this game! This is NOT the way the Warriors wanted to end there season, with another disappointment.

Congrats Whitley!!

5 of these came in the first half. I for once have no complaints about the play calling. The turnovers is what costed us the game. Good luck to Whitley County the rest of the season you guys have a nice team.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Sure they do. Since their beginnings, they've always made sure that they have all the bells and whistles in their program.

Maybe before next season they can install artificial turf and some of their fumbles will bounce back up to them.

I am not sure as to what your mad at Southwestern about, but it does not matter what weve got or what weve had....its not costed you one red cent...dont worry whats going on at southwestern worry about yourself. What else do we have that is just so appaling? Our fieldhouse is a metal building which by the way the BOOSTER CLUB built back in 1995. Maybe if your team wants these nice things here is a hint...GET OUT AND RAISE THE MONEY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew Southwestern has struggled in the playoffs but I saw somewhere else that this was the 7th home playoff loss in just the last 10 seasons. Is that true?
Since when does a turnover on downs count in the turnover category? Newspaper said today SW had 11 turnovers(3 turnovers on downs). Turnover on downs doesn't go in the turnover category.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Since when does a turnover on downs count in the turnover category? Newspaper said today SW had 11 turnovers(3 turnovers on downs). Turnover on downs doesn't go in the turnover category.

I guess since the Coach did, the paper Quoted Anderson as saying that they had 11 turnovers.

Tough way to end a season, I thought SW would win this one. Whitley is always a tough physical team so I'm not surprised by the win just by the score.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Since when does a turnover on downs count in the turnover category? Newspaper said today SW had 11 turnovers(3 turnovers on downs). Turnover on downs doesn't go in the turnover category.

Never heard of that either, but i think he just meant how many times SW gave the ball up in general.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I knew Southwestern has struggled in the playoffs but I saw somewhere else that this was the 7th home playoff loss in just the last 10 seasons. Is that true?

This made their 6th home playoff loss in the past 10 seasons.

2010: home 1st Rd vs Whitley Co 0-45 L
2009: home 1st Rd vs Harlan Co 7-20 L
2008: away 1st Rd vs Letcher Co Central 6-34 L
2007: DNP
2006: home 1st Rd vs Pulaski Co 48-12 W, home 2nd Rd vs Boyle Co 18-9 W, home Region Championship vs (Lou.) Central 40-47 L
2005: home 1st Rd vs North Bullitt 27-26 W, away 2nd Rd vs Bullitt East 0-31 L
2004: home 1st Rd vs Bullitt East 26-34 L
2003: away 1st Rd vs (Lou) Central 20-19 W, away 2nd Rd vs Boyle Co 0-47 L
2002: home 1st Rd vs Paul Laurence Dunbar 25-28 L
2001: home 1st Rd vs Paul Laurence Dunbar 27-28 L
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I am not sure as to what your mad at Southwestern about, but it does not matter what weve got or what weve had....its not costed you one red cent...dont worry whats going on at southwestern worry about yourself. What else do we have that is just so appaling? Our fieldhouse is a metal building which by the way the BOOSTER CLUB built back in 1995. Maybe if your team wants these nice things here is a hint...GET OUT AND RAISE THE MONEY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No anger here, bud. Just observations.

I'm no longer affiliated with any high school team (way too old), but if I were, I would strongly dissuade them from raising money for "nice things."

Trophies are very expensive, to be sure, but they don't cost money. Maybe some day the Warriors will figger out that riddle . . . doubt it, though.

Better luck next year.
Tell me something else that is of the bells and whistles? And furthermore its our money if we want to spend it on a jumbotron or if we want to put down turf guess what WE WILL! Too bad if you dont like it. Were not trying to please the public.